Options

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    pfarewell said:
    Just give us the feeder announcement already. Please 

As if. If they had meant Emma to be a feeder for Kitty (or whoever), they would have done it several cycles ago when people had less covers for her.
    1.  The idea that they only give feeders to new characters if false, take the tin foil hat off.
    2.  Even if it wasn't the percentage of people who have her at 300 or above is probably less than 1% and those with her at 280 probably isn't much higher.  You realize the main complaint on this page is people complaining because they don't even have her champed yet right?  
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    And to have her in the SHIELD Training... AGAIN

Whatever D3's obsession is with her, it's a major turn off. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I am pretty amused that there is simultaneous complaining about the new characters being required for shield training who was also featured heavily as progression rewards leading up to that same shield training providing attainable, reliable opportunities for her to be aquired in advance of that shield training...

And similarly vicarious outrage over new players having to climb the high mountain of dilution while simultanously feeling slighted that the feeder characters chosen for 5* play are occasionally the new releases. To those new players, all feeders are welcome, and it is in fact better for them if they are the recent, heavily featured 4*s than if they are the vintage, rarely seen as progression rewards 4*s. I'm a day 1015 player, and I only have 15 4*s above 280 and none above 300, so I welcome all feeder announcements. In fact, I would welcome multi-fed 5*s in a heartbeat - that to me is the missing component of the full dilution state we find ourselves in.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am pretty amused that there is simultaneous complaining about the new characters being required for shield training who was also featured heavily as progression rewards leading up to that same shield training providing attainable, reliable opportunities for her to be aquired in advance of that shield training...
    Yes, wall off rewards by making players have to go nuts trying to get top progression rewards to stand a chance.  That isn't going to burn anyone out...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    No one is being made to do anything, an opportunity is being provided. The big complaint about new characters being featured in Shield Training is that nobody has them at 10 covers yet. So, when Frost was made attainable on purpose for a number of events leading up to this one, we heard a lot of complaining that she was too available. I assume because she is not highly regarded mechanically. I guess pick your battles is what I'm saying.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    n25philly said:
    Yes, wall off rewards by making players have to go nuts trying to get top progression rewards to stand a chance.  That isn't going to burn anyone out...
    You don't need top progression to get the 4-star cover.  Two clears of each node will get it.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What? You guys aren't excited to use Emma's awesome power set to destroy the enemy?  Are there enemy special tiles on the board?  Just collect 10 purple and wait 2 turns and they'll be gone!  Need to deal more damage?  Just collect 8 Yellow and wait 2 turns and you'll have 2 x 90 strike tiles!  Oh, the pain they'll take.  Wait 2 more turns and your strikes will total 476! (if they don't get matched away).  Then collect 11 Black and fortify those beefy strikes and start dealing 5* match damage!  After 15 turns, she's a beast. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited November 2018
    Options
    bbigler said:
    What? You guys aren't excited to use Emma's awesome power set to destroy the enemy?  Are there enemy special tiles on the board?  Just collect 10 purple and wait 2 turns and they'll be gone!  Need to deal more damage?  Just collect 8 Yellow and wait 2 turns and you'll have 2 x 90 strike tiles!  Oh, the pain they'll take.  Wait 2 more turns and your strikes will total 476! (if they don't get matched away).  Then collect 11 Black and fortify those beefy strikes and start dealing 5* match damage!  After 15 turns, she's a beast. 
    This is what I was getting at - this good deed by the developer (giving people on purpose chances of acquiring the new character covers in advance of Shield Training) is not going unpunished because Frost is not the character specifically people want to be getting covers for. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    This is what I was getting at - this good deed by the developer (giving people on purpose chances of acquiring the new character covers in advance of Shield Training) is not going unpunished because Frost is not the character specifically people want to be getting covers for. 
    Sure, it could be a good deed.
    It could also be complete coincidence having to do with Taskmaster being limited.

Who knows.
    After 5 years I'm tired of trying to read Demiurge's minds.
    Communicate.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    n25philly said:
    You don't need top progression to get the 4-star cover.  Two clears of each node will get it.
    In the current event no, but whenever someone says anything everyone always wants to include things like when the character is released and PVP rewards like that is relevant to everyone
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pfarewell said:
    Just give us the feeder announcement already. Please 
    And rebalance her as well while you’re at it.  PLEASE!!
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Options
    i thought of a great change they could make to crash of the titans. change the name to 'crash of the frostitans' every 5 days we get to have an emma frost vs emma frost battle. if you win you don't get an lt, instead you get an emma frost cover. but always the same colour for some quirky reason...
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    I remember playing her in a survival node once, where these turn counts are not quite so crazy.  With multiple repeaters out so the effects fired every turn, it was starting to stack up by the final round.
    With that said, I don't doubt that other characters could have done even better with that match length.  They just need something to make her useful in shorter matches while not overdoing it for long matches.  Adjusting the yellow and purple abilities to also trigger the repeater effect on cast would be a good start.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Let's look at facts again:

Emma was released on 26 July 2018.

1. 26 Jul
    3 covers from pve placement
    1 cover from pve alliance placement
    2 covers from PvP placement
    1 cover from shield training

2. 29 Jul
    1 cover from pve progression reward
    1 cover from pvp progression reward

3. 10 Sep

4. 13 Sep
    2 covers from pve progression reward

5. 1 Oct

6. 21 Oct

7. 25 Oct

8. 6 Nov
    2 covers from PvP placement

9. 8 Nov
    1 cover from pvp progression reward

10. 11 Nov

11. 15 Nov

There's a total of 32 covers. 7 comes from progression. 

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As a new (3*) player im always glad for increased opportunities to get covers for specific 4*s, regardless of how good or bad they are. I can only really get the pve progression reliably (and perhaps the sim finish with 75wins) and with 70+ 4*s in the game (and still increasing) getting any one to a useable (no, not champed, just usable) state is really really hard. To me  boss events are the best, since i can now (now that im in a good alliance) get 3!! covers for the same character. 7day event with 2 covers to the same char? Bring it!!

Emma featured so often (and once in a 7day event no less) means she is now one of my best (and most evenly) covered 4*s with all of 8 covers. This progression will be the 9th. And that does make me happy.
    Even if she now disappeared into vintage obscurity, she is no longer a complete deadweight when a required character. Which is a lot more than i can say for the other 65 or so on my roster, who only have 1-2 covers.

So for me, im glad for this L/L/L/V/V cycle (if this truly is how its going to go). Any little bit that helps combat dilution helps.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Emma has 7 covers so I guess placement has not been kind to me, lol!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:

This the 2nd worst example of how bad their management of the game is.  I'll give you 1 guess what the 1st is...
    My guess is not putting supports into pvp yet.....
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I think you could easily make the case that vets have a higher chance of getting a new release to 10 covers in enough time than new players do, since they're earning the rewards it takes to pull legendary enough that bonus covers are a viable factor for them. Also they're more likely to be starting ahead with a decently covered character coming out of a release event. Even being 4-6 covers up is huge if you "only" need to get to 10 to be eligible for training. Since Shield Training got into regular rotation, I've personally decided I wanted to make my roster ST proof, so I've just been strategically bonus heroing 4*s that are unfed until they get to 10 while grinding feeder 3*s to push over those as well. I now just need 1 more nebula (2/2/5, current 4* bh) and 1 more EB Venom (4/4/1, 12 more Lokis), and it'll just be Domino (0/2/3), Taskmaster (1/2/2), and Bishop (1/0/0) that aren't eligible for it.

Would I like to be doing other things with my bonus heroes? Sure, I'm pretty curious about just parking it on a 5* feeder to try and push over one of my better covered 5s. At some point, maybe I'll decide that cover from shield training isn't worth as much to me as that and let it drop. It's just a strategic roster building choice I'll need to make for myself, because that is the game. When content comes and goes on a real world calendar, all you can do is try to hedge your bets on something, and if it happens for you, great, and if not, something else will come along (eventually) that you are prepared for. A stopped clock is right twice a day and all that...