Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

If you are still having trouble updating your birth date on your forum profile, then please follow the steps listed in the below discussion thread.

Please copy and paste this URL for details --> https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72653/new-forum-terms-of-service-steps-to-update-profile

It is very important that all users complete this process, otherwise they will unfortunately be unable to actively participate in the forum on their current account.

Thank you!

3.0 Release Notes *Updated (11/13/18)

12346

Comments

  • madwrenmadwren Posts: 1,768 Chairperson of the Boards
    So we'll get five exclusive cards in the first week and then dupes forever?

    Part of me thinks that it's actually going to be one exclusive card each week, for five weeks.
  • fiirstfiirst Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    So we'll get five exclusive cards in the first week and then dupes forever?
    as long as it is mythic, it is not bad at all.
  • Mburn7Mburn7 Posts: 2,372 Chairperson of the Boards
    So we'll get five exclusive cards in the first week and then dupes forever?
    Think of it this way, every 5 runs that you get a dupe mythic gives you 1 non-dupe mythic.

    I like that rate (its either 1 new mythic per month or 1 per week depending on how frequently they give the mythics out)
  • IM_CARLOSIM_CARLOS Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    What are you talking about? 

    I think the exclusive are for sale, or best case for a coalition event. But not a daily event. 
  • ElfNeedsFoodElfNeedsFood Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    @IM_CARLOS ; The new daily event is offering exclusive cards as rewards as well.   We'll see which cards wind up in which category...

  • IM_CARLOSIM_CARLOS Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    @IM_CARLOS ; The new daily event is offering exclusive cards as rewards as well.   We'll see which cards wind up in which category...

    Okay, would be nice to have that, but I don't think so. Whst to sell else? We will see next week. 
  • madwrenmadwren Posts: 1,768 Chairperson of the Boards
    IM_CARLOS said:
    @IM_CARLOS ; The new daily event is offering exclusive cards as rewards as well.   We'll see which cards wind up in which category...

    Okay, would be nice to have that, but I don't think so. Whst to sell else? We will see next week. 
    Well, the notes say "The final reward of each Rising Tensions event is an exclusive card from an older Ravnica set, related to its Guild", and the non-GRN cards seem to be all marked as exclusive, so...

  • ElfNeedsFoodElfNeedsFood Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby One other distinction from Paper standard and PQ is that the Masterpieces have typically remained legal in PQ but never were in paper.  Is this changing with 3.0 and the move to the paper standard plus Origins?

  • Tilwin90Tilwin90 Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2018
    Here is the list of GRN non-masterpiece cards I could find:
    Selesnya: Chord of Calling & Chorus of the Conclave*
    Golgari: Savra, Queen of the Golgari & Sisters of Stone Death*
    Boros: Agrus Kos & Razia, Boros Archangel*
    Izzet: Niv-Mizzet the Firemind* & Tibor and Lumia
    Dimir: Circu, Dimir Lobotomist & Szadek, Lord of Secrets*

    Ouf of these it is interesting that only Chorus, Sisters, Razia, Niv-Mizzet and Szadek are marked as "not available in boosters" in the Facebook image gallery. Does that mean that these five will be only purchasable exclusives? 

    Does this also mean that Chord of Calling, Savra, Agrus Kos, Tibor & Lumia and Circu will be rewarded from the new daily events?

    And if these cards are offered as rewards, does this mean that every week you can basically get access to 5 mythics (first time around new, then dupes, equivalent of 3000 orbs)?
    I'm very curious about the reward schema of these events then. I really hope we don't have to pay the price of these exclusives in losing the crystals payment we eventually got back in Platinum as a fourth reward - it's the reason why I never play TOTP.
  • Gunmix25Gunmix25 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    madwren said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    Brakkis said:


    Also, the frequency of coalition events. We were running a midweek and a weekend coalition event each week. Now we run only a weekend event and sometimes not even that.

    I remember Hibernium trying to run a midweek coalition event may be twice and caught living hades in the forums for doing so. Coalition events are traditionally reserved for weekends and had been for ages.



    Twice is incorrect.
    Midweek coalition events were run for several months. This changed around October 2017, at which point numerous people bemoaned their absence.
    In fact, many of us "grew up" on a schedule of a two-day midweek event, a day off, a three day weekend event, and then another day off until the cycle started again.  There were indeed complaints about the midweek event when they removed the day off in between them, but a lot of us have continually asked for midweek events to return on the same on/off schedule with 24 hours in between events.

    I don't recall bemoaning of missing events as much I recall countless posts of players complaining that coalition events midweek were difficult to complete because they require more time and many of us work.
  • Mburn7Mburn7 Posts: 2,372 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gunmix25 said:
    madwren said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    Brakkis said:


    Also, the frequency of coalition events. We were running a midweek and a weekend coalition event each week. Now we run only a weekend event and sometimes not even that.

    I remember Hibernium trying to run a midweek coalition event may be twice and caught living hades in the forums for doing so. Coalition events are traditionally reserved for weekends and had been for ages.



    Twice is incorrect.
    Midweek coalition events were run for several months. This changed around October 2017, at which point numerous people bemoaned their absence.
    In fact, many of us "grew up" on a schedule of a two-day midweek event, a day off, a three day weekend event, and then another day off until the cycle started again.  There were indeed complaints about the midweek event when they removed the day off in between them, but a lot of us have continually asked for midweek events to return on the same on/off schedule with 24 hours in between events.

    I don't recall bemoaning of missing events as much I recall countless posts of players complaining that coalition events midweek were difficult to complete because they require more time and many of us work.
    People were arguing both sides.  The issue is that some of us do most of our playing during the week (either at work or on the way to/from work) and use the weekend for personal stuff and/or family, and others are too busy during the week to play and do most of their playing over the weekend.

    I always felt like the 1 weekday event and 1 weekend event was fine (as long as we had a day off in between) because you could always sub around between events if you felt as if you couldn't get the play time in without feeling like you were missing out on stuff.  Now with only 2 coalition events per month (seems like its only every other weekend now) and events only on weekends it makes it much harder for the weekday players to keep up.
  • GabrosinGabrosin Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Tilwin90 said:
    Here is the list of GRN non-masterpiece cards I could find:
    Selesnya: Chord of Calling & Chorus of the Conclave*
    Golgari: Savra, Queen of the Golgari & Sisters of Stone Death*
    Boros: Agrus Kos & Razia, Boros Archangel*
    Izzet: Niv-Mizzet the Firemind* & Tibor and Lumia
    Dimir: Circu, Dimir Lobotomist & Szadek, Lord of Secrets*

    Ouf of these it is interesting that only Chorus, Sisters, Razia, Niv-Mizzet and Szadek are marked as "not available in boosters" in the Facebook image gallery. Does that mean that these five will be only purchasable exclusives? 

    Does this also mean that Chord of Calling, Savra, Agrus Kos, Tibor & Lumia and Circu will be rewarded from the new daily events?

    And if these cards are offered as rewards, does this mean that every week you can basically get access to 5 mythics (first time around new, then dupes, equivalent of 3000 orbs)?
    I'm very curious about the reward schema of these events then. I really hope we don't have to pay the price of these exclusives in losing the crystals payment we eventually got back in Platinum as a fourth reward - it's the reason why I never play TOTP.
    The strange thing here is that they brought in the two legendary creatures for each guild from the first Ravnica block... but why is Tolsimir a masterpiece and the rest aren't?  What is Chord of Calling doing here?  I'm baffled.

  • jimparkjimpark Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2018
    Currently, I prefer no weekday coalition events. I actually dont feel overburdened or as burnt out as i used to. Also my real life and mtgpq feels much more balanced now than before. 

    The only weekday coalition event i could handle is AWR. And maybe only twice a month (i.e. every other week) 

    But feel free to jam the weekday up with non-coalition events. 

    Also added to separate post about schedule
  • NinjaENinjaE Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    I feel like discussion of the schedule should be its own topic, even if it is tangentially related. I'll draw more specific attention that way in a more focused topic.
  • fiirstfiirst Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    jimpark said:
    Currently, I prefer no weekday coalition events. I actually dont feel overburdened or as burnt out as i used to. Also my real life and mtgpq feels much more balanced now than before. 

    The only weekday coalition event i could handle is AWR. And maybe only twice a month (i.e. every other week) 

    But feel free to jam the weekday up with non-coalition events. 
    we should have another PVE event with same tediousness for substitute with AWR.....such as PVE with Sorin in training as a big boss.
  • BrigbyBrigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 6,781 Site Admin
    *Updated to Final Release Notes. Added the following bug fix to the list:
    • The player's Blue mana bonus no longer increases whenever Gilded Lotus is reinforced.
  • ArielSiraArielSira Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    I'm so happy there is no SWW or other error avalanche after update, great job!

    Only thing I noticed was when I stole Search for Azcanta with Etali it was flipped in my hand and could cast it that way. A surprise to be sure but a welcome one.
  • Mburn7Mburn7 Posts: 2,372 Chairperson of the Boards
    ArielSira said:
    I'm so happy there is no SWW or other error avalanche after update, great job!

    Only thing I noticed was when I stole Search for Azcanta with Etali it was flipped in my hand and could cast it that way. A surprise to be sure but a welcome one.
    Yeah, there are no major bugs (so far) with the update, but a whole host of new minor ones.

    Welcome to MTGPQ!
  • khurramkhurram Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby when you said Across Ixalan will be changed to a 2 days event you didn't mention that the 2 days will only be the weekends.
Sign In or Register to comment.