Which "weak" character do you love?

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    RedLion said:
    I sympathize with the Kraven-love above. I never use him, until I see Kaecilius. He makes Kaecilius irrelevant, and for that I love him.
    Try him against the Ultron sentry nodes...  You'll thank me later.

Even without Carnage/Medusa, he stars whomping the robots almost immediately.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I love Colossus - always loved the character in my old Xmen comics and I am hoping for a 4* version that doesn't suck
  • eddidit
    eddidit Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I agree about Vision, I know he gets a lot of slack for how his mechanics work. But it doesn't take much to get his blue going and when boosted he really hits hard if he's in front. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tend to use 3* Hawkeye, 3* Wolverine and 3* Dr Ock because if the tiles get matched, I'll get 2 blue and 2 purple ap to fuel his Manipulation and add more damage with Hawkeye's purple.

I thought Elektra (both 3* and 4*) are pretty good with her on defensive mode.
    I use her if I feels like playing a long match instead of finishing the match in 1 minute. Her Ballet Dance is pretty awesome to feed her power.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonko33 said:
    I love Colossus - always loved the character in my old Xmen comics and I am hoping for a 4* version that doesn't suck
    Fastball special ftw! 

I know it's not the smartest way to spend AP, but I still have 'throw Vulture with fastball special' on my MPQ bucket list :smiley:

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
     DeNappa said:
    Wonko33 said:
    Fastball special ftw! 

I know it's not the smartest way to spend AP, but I still have 'throw Vulture with fastball special' on my MPQ bucket list :smiley:

I had loads of fun playing Archangel in Real Steel. When you can Count on at least one opponent going Airborne during the fight he became a lot more useful. :)
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    I'd go with 3* Bullseye. If he downs someone, it makes a real mess of the board for the AI and you've basically won from that point. 

I also really enjoyed using Doom back in the 3* days. His purple could really hit hard. 
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    4*
    X-23 and Deadpool. I use them whenever I can, which is usually only when they're powered up. Even then not always.

5*
    Archangel. When I was a kid he was one of the very first action figure I got. His (pretend) metals wings were awesome. Always had a soft spot for him.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    2* & 3* Storm
    Night Crawler & Gwenpool
    Phoenix on paper but still don't have her champed (5/5/2 *fingers crossed*)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa said:
    Wonko33 said:
    Fastball special ftw! 

Decent as a team-up, though
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    2* & 3* Storm
    Night Crawler & Gwenpool
    Phoenix on paper but still don't have her champed (5/5/2 *fingers crossed*)
    Mohawk Storm is great with Nico/Lockjaw for a surprisingly effective team of characters most people aren't worried about. It requires you to chase black early, but from there it gets pretty hilarious.

I also like Nightcrawler - he isn't a solo killer unboosted, but he is a great AP factory
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Mohawk Storm is great with Nico/Lockjaw for a surprisingly effective team of characters most people aren't worried about. It requires you to chase black early, but from there it gets pretty hilarious.
    Mohawk with C&D and Medusa is a lot of fun too.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    PuceMoose said:
    Gwenpool! She has the most precise board control in the game with her purple, and is a monster versus bosses with her green. Plus, I love the code-hunting that first occurred when she first came out - experimentation to find all of the different combos. I think her black could be more interesting, but I guess it can be useful to dodge a big AoE. I wish it also reduced all damage to her to zero for one turn - plot armor, indeed! I never see her in the Sim - I guess her low health and horrible AI use of purple (in attention to not paying any attention to matching her gun tile) doesn't help.
    I love Gwenpool but agree that she is hopeless on defence.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never get the dislike of Mohawk Storm, I think she is a very solid 3* and can work on quite a few teams. I know I hate it when the AI gets her black out and you face death by a thousand fists for the next few rounds (by which time you have cleared up the attack tiles and hey, AI has black again!) and that team above is killer.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I never get the dislike of Mohawk Storm, I think she is a very solid 3* and can work on quite a few teams. I know I hate it when the AI gets her black out and you face death by a thousand fists for the next few rounds (by which time you have cleared up the attack tiles and hey, AI has black again!) and that team above is killer.
    AI Storm is my 3-star nemesis.  I can put her out in front against any of my teams, and somehow she almost always manages to get her 9 black.  It's crazy.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    I never get the dislike of Mohawk Storm ...
    Yeah, I just dislike her because she is a massive PITA to play against! She's tough. And that black power not only makes the board aesthetically unappealing it makes it freaking impossible to manipulate tiles for lots of different characters' powers... Same problem with Carnage...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    I've always liked playing Mohawk Storm - but i'm in the camp that thinks Attack Tiles are under-valued generally. She also goes well wtih G4mora since that crazy tile spam can help you cover the purple on the board. it's hard to say if it's better than G4mora's black for that, but at 5 covers it will convert 32 basic tiles into specials which is half the board - if 4ocket is your 3rd, that's 7 more tiles with strikes on them (at least early on). Or you could add 2* Bullseye or 3* Spider-Man to help with some targeted purple coverage.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think Storm (at every tier) gets undervalued because of how squishy she is.