Which "weak" character do you love?

tiomono
tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
The forums quickly form opinions on what is a good or bad character.

But sometimes you just love that weak character, or have a team that helps them shine.

For me its sandman. He is one of my higher leveled 4's and I will use him often. He is core on one of my simulator teams for his green aoe with a 2 turn stun. His other 2 powers are pretty meh. I will run him in a heartbeat if either him or vulture are boosted. It seems like a lot of spidey villains work well together.

So who is your trash tier character that you like to try and polish up so they can shine just a little? What do you love about them? 

Comments

• jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Mr. Fantastic....Strictly for his blue.  I love the tile switch with the protects and a 2 turn stun helps a little as well.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Infinity War Spidey- I just love characters who do things others can’t, and his web spam really helps the other spider-verse characters shine. I love him with Miles specifically as both have an ability that can one-shot characters way above their weight class with enough webs on the board.

Mr. Fantastic- Pure finesse piece that won’t get you the speed clears but is tons of fun and gives lots of protection and board control. Shuri actually breathed new life into him as his black and blue both spam fortified tiles. 

X-23- I’m a sucker for true heal. Offensively she’s trash but I like saving health packs. I sometimes send her in to tank as I match away Grocket strikes.

Taskmaster- Love at first sight. Even though he’ll never be boosted I’m going.to play the **** out of him in sim.

Main Event Hulk- Another one that Shuri improved. I think people are coming around on him and he’s no longer considered lower tier. 
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Jubilee. I use her a lot in Shield Simulator, often in conjunction with Thoress and/or Lockjaw. her ywllow is a nifty little power, and the double stun of her purple is pretty sweet.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    SpiderGwen.
    Most consider her low-tier in the 4* world, but I find her very helpful against a wide variety of foes.
    Her pink, while unpredictable against a full 3 enemies, gets the job done more often then not and the rest is about fueling that Cherry Bomb. I don't even usually team her with other web-makers (yet, at least)
    She and Vulture complete the rainbow and she is so good at locking out characters for the two turns I need to protect his Green CDs.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    War Machine. I like the Red-Green interaction that floods the board with attack tiles. I just ignore his blue. Often pair him with Carol or Nico, so they can do a lot of tile buffing.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Ock.

I think most people have never played with a fully covered Ock yet think he is the worst garbage character there is. His powers all flow with one another: use Black first, gets those strike tiles, use Blue once you have enough to double cast ideally and benefit from those very good strike tiles, then you can use Green and hopefully get it to phase 3 where it heals you and damages the other team.

Its slow, its convoluted and he needs an AP generator but I still love how he works and he's actually good in my book. He's good to bring along on Wave nodes too.

If black/blue had innate fortification it would be even better, have to rely on supports as it is.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Nightcrawler - just his purple alone, is so much fun. If the his critical lands in the right place with the 5* character. Massive damage, just makes matches really fast. If he had more health, it would be so much easier to use him day to day.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love using Doc Ock with Carol to fire off his green and to troll Thanos or Okoye teams, so people have to suffer the indignity of being beaten by a Doc team. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Storm. She's always been one of my faves, and even tho I'm solidly in 4* land and she doesn't have a 4* version, I use her whenever I can manage it. She's basically the reason I started clearing Seed Teams with the loaner and a couple of 1*, because it gave me more opportunities to use her.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl said:
    5* Ock.

I think most people have never played with a fully covered Ock 
    Mine is 1/0/2 and I still think he's fun lol. He is mechanically very interesting, but he isn't fast and that's why he gets such a bad rap around here I think. He belongs in a game with some other non-speed-based meta. 
  • charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    edited October 2018
    Boosted 4* Elektra in pvp, she won a lot of matches for me I would have otherwise lost. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm loving all the doc ock praise in here. He has been my bonus hero for a while. I think his countdown stun would be fun with 5* daredevil.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I appreciate the comments above for Quicksilver and Spider-Gwen. I love both, though I cannot seem to get SG covers; I still don't have her fully covered 754 days into playing!

It's hard to pick, but I have a few unloved characters I really enjoy playing, depending on the context.

For events when there are required characters, I always enjoy playing Bullseye (3*), Human Torch (3*), and Quicksilver. They don't get much attention, it seems, but they're all donkey-kickers.

For lightning rounds, which I play often, I especially love Dr. Doom, Loki, and Ragnarok. In that arena, with the right cast around them, those are deadly characters. Especially Dr. Doom! His two primary powers are such that you don't think about chasing them until, boom, they're ready to cast -- his purple is a straight up thermonuclear device if timed right, and his black is not far behind. He also fits into a lot of teams. Then there's Loki, C4rol, and a red/blue in the hands of a human being are almost unstoppable. Not as great on defense, granted, but great fun. Finally, Rags teamed with Riri (+ another) are a blast to play as a kind of infinite.

In 4* realm, I love Kate and Moon Knight. Brutal. They don't seem to get much love, and that's fine by me...
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2018
    Kraven.

I absolutely couldnt wait to champ him and throw him into the obvious Cardusa pairing and it was just as fun as expected. 

My my next target is Wiccan. I’m pretty sure he’s not very useful but I don’t care, can’t wait to champ him.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Squirrel Girl. 
    I've used her yellow to avoid making a move because I just knew AI would set up what I wanted.  Almost always was I correct.  
    I do love both her purple and green.  I use her every day in DDQ DAT Character Required because otherwise she won't  be used much.