Cable (Nathan Summers) (10/12/18)

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    If his support isn't something pocket based, I will be disappointed.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    STOPTHIS said:
    If his support isn't something pocket based, I will be disappointed.
    Pouches (Rob Liefeld) - if attached to Cable, he can gather AP beyond the 30AP limit.
    Why do we have a 30 AP limit anyway?  That has never made sense to me.  It doesn't happen every battle, but there are many times that I wish I could collect more than 30 AP.  It feels like such a waste when you get a nice cascade but your AP stops at 30.  We have lots of AP generators in the game now, so I think this is a valid concern.  If the limit was 99, for the sake of screen space, then I would be happy. 

The only way I can think of abusing this is if you were playing 2*Storm and collected 64+ Green AP and destroyed the entire board (which would be very cool), and collected 12 green AP at the same time so that you could do this endlessly.  But a team that could generate that much green quickly (2*Storm + 3*Thor + Kamala) is winfinite anyway.  5*Hawkeye and Coulson could easily go beyond the 30 AP limit. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Btw I like that Cable (Josh Brolin) is being introduced in the boss event against Thanos (Josh Brolin).
    Is this the kind of thing they put thought into rather than fixing lingering game issues?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:
    Nope. Yeah cables green is pretty excellent but he doesn’t self feed and Thor hits as hard. Cable you need to down the lowest member to fire off the AOE.
    His blue seems like a pretty effective way to feed him green AP: while the countdown is out (which you might fortify via his yellow passive), each green match you make will improve the subsequent green matches.  You're somewhat at the mercy of the board, but it has the potential to gather AP quite quickly.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker

Here ; fixed that for you
    Brigby said:

His life in the war-torn future hardened him into a peerless soldier and tactician, and when he finally returned to the present, he lent these talents to the X-Men. Along with guns pouches. So, so many guns pouches."
    His blue stunner: #bannerbuff: brucebruce generating those green tiles that may autopop a stun. then hulks automatching while not generating AP(cmon already!) may give you the free stun and free fortification. 
    maybe the missing piece for Jubilee? he makes her charged tile extra dam apply to the team and then you can do extra damage w 1/2thors cascades + pink sparkles that possibly may add more green tiles to the board
    Yellow: gambuff so that his repeater lingers longer, lets you doubledip on Loki's shadow tiles, Raging fire. I think the passive (key word: repeater) is really the only exciting thing about this power. 5 special tiles for 9 AP? Sure Kitty then ramps them to be obscene but tick-tock
    The green AoE that everyone is excited about: The definition of a finisher but is there a shortage of nukes at the 5*? I am actually curious if there are enough? maybe the meta could switch from free AP  to fast bombs? 

His support is gonna be Graymalkin
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I had hoped for some power that has something to do with his time-travel thing. Wouldn't that be cool? Like when you make a bad move, oversee a match 5 that your opponent matches instead or killing the wrong guy instead of the opponent that has enough AP to nuke you away - you time travel one match into the past for let's say 5 AP and undo your bad decision. With  each time-travel it could get harder for Cable and become more expensive. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    He seems excellent to me. Or just very good in the case that Cyborg Strategist only creates green charged tiles on existing green tiles and Plasma Barrage splits the excess damage between the remaining allies.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    He seems excellent to me. Or just very good in the case that Cyborg Strategist only creates green charged tiles on existing green tiles and Plasma Barrage splits the excess damage between the remaining allies.
    Pretty sure it's excess damage, that seems to be how it's worded.
    But the charged tiles just say "Create 5 green charge tiles" and not "Convert 5 green tiles to charged tiles"
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I read on Line that a developer on Discord said that it converts existing green to charged green. Also the remaining damage becomes AOE damage to the rest of the team. 

But I could be wrong. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    But the charged tiles just say "Create 5 green charge tiles" and not "Convert 5 green tiles to charged tiles"
    It also says "up to 5".  That means there must be some condition where it doesn't create 5.  Only being able to convert green tiles seems like a fairly likely condition.  Otherwise, simple green matches would often lead to a net increase in green on the board, which could cause some massive cascades.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Is that any official definition that differentiates between "convert" and "create"? 

Create seems to be limited by the number of specific coloured tiles that it's trying to create. For example, if 3* Wolverine is trying to create 6 green strike tiles but there are only 3 green basic tiles, he will create only 3 green strike tiles.

I suppose it holds true for Cable too.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    Btw I like that Cable (Josh Brolin) is being introduced in the boss event against Thanos (Josh Brolin).
    Is this the kind of thing they put thought into rather than fixing lingering game issues?
    Please. This is something that takes someone having a flash of insight (if intentional) and placing one event on the schedule instead of another. Fixing game issues takes development and testing.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's definitely the excess damage, but say that excess damage is 10K... do the remaining enemies get 10K damage each, or is the 10K excess damage split between them for 5K damage each?
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Is that any official definition that differentiates between "convert" and "create"? 

Create seems to be limited by the number of specific coloured tiles that it's trying to create. For example, if 3* Wolverine is trying to create 6 green strike tiles but there are only 3 green basic tiles, he will create only 3 green strike tiles.

I suppose it holds true for Cable too.
    Up to 5 is the key word here
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker

Looking forward to playing Cable with the Gambit I didn't sell :smile:

Getting 9 blue prior to gathering much green will be the only real challenge. Place the blue CD only when you have a readily available green match on the board. That will stun an enemy and change 5 basic green to charged tiles.
    You'll likely have enough red to fire off Gambit's Aces&8's next directly afterward. This will acquire a lot of green since they will be the only charged tiles on the board at that time. 
    By the time you make your next green match you'll have the 12 green AP ready for Cable (or more). 
    It's excellent that any yellow match will likely fortify Gambit's repeater tile. But also, you can play Gambit's purple right when you have a yellow match on the board, thus guaranteeing his big hitting CD's get fortified. 

The wording definitely makes Cable's green sound like the remaining damage will hit AOE style as opposed to split between them, but I would be very surprised (and pleased) if that is the case. 
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm curious how Okoye's damage stacks with that. Does it stack on the initial hit and then again on the aoe follow up? Does it subtract from or add to the "excess" amount? Could potentially be a double/triple dip. Or it could waste the excess damage. So many ways it can be calculated.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby

Please put Thano5 in there instead of Arch.  Make it an anniversary to remember.

Brolin plays both Cable and Thanos.  Perfect time for people to recover Gambit.  I mean, it's a win all the way around.

Please.

Please.............................  :blush: