Cable (Nathan Summers) (10/12/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

"Cable traveled across millennia to lead the X-Men in the fight for peace. Born to Cyclops and a clone of Jean Grey, the young, techno-virus-infected mutant was sent far into the future and raised as a 39th-century boy.

His life in the war-torn future hardened him into a peerless soldier and tactician, and when he finally returned to the present, he lent these talents to the X-Men. Along with guns. So, so many guns."

Check out the brand new 5-Star Cable, and find out how you can recruit him onto your roster!

5-Star Rarity (Epic)
Heroes, X-Men
bluetilepng greentilepng yellowtilepng  

(Abilities listed at level 450, Power Level 5)
Cyborg Strategist - 9 bluetilepng AP
Cable uses his cybernetics and future tech to get the drop on his enemy. Choose a basic tile to become a 5-turn Blue Countdown tile. Whenever you make a Green match while one of these tiles is on the board, stun the enemy for 2 turns and create up to 5 Green Charged tiles.

Plasma Barrage - 12 greentilepng AP
Cable lets loose a blast from his massive future-tech plasma rifle. Deals 21766 damage to the target. Any damage beyond the target's remaining health is dealt to each of their allies.

Veteran Instincts
 - 9 yellowtilepng AP
Years of battle-hardened experience allow Cable to make his team into true soldiers. Create 3 strength 507 Yellow Strike tiles, plus 1 additional Strike tile for each of Cable's allies still in the fight.

(PASSIVE) When you make a Yellow match, fortify 1 random friendly Countdown or Repeater tile.

Full character details coming soon!

Recruit Cable!

Nathan Summers - Special Limited Vault
  • Starts: 10/18/18, 12:00pm EDT
  • Ends: 10/23/18, 12:00am EDT
  • 40 Items: 
    • 1x Mutant Mavericks Legendary Token
    • 1x Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force) cover
    • 3x random 3-Star covers
    • 6x Heroic tokens
    • 4x 2,500 Iso-8
    • 6x 1,000 Iso-8
    • 5x 500 Iso-8
    • 14x 2-Star covers
Mutant Mavericks - Special Legendary Store
  • Ends: 10/23/18, 12:00am EDT
  • 15% chance to get Cable (Nathan Summers), Archangel (Classic), or Gambit (Classic)
  • Additional tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Event Schedule

Come and Get Me - Alliance Boss Event
  • Ends: 10/22/18, 12:00am EDT
  • Rewards tokens to the Mutant Mavericks Legendary cover store

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Please note that I am currently out of office today, so I will be unable to answer any in-depth technical questions, however I will be sure to review them all on Monday, and try to answer as many as I can at that time. Thanks for understanding!
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    He looks great!!!
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    15% to get Cable (YAY) Gambit (Yay) Archangel (yay?)
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Guess cable got changed a lot from the “thank you” video.

Seems like a huge bait and switch for anniversary. 
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Well they helpfully made the decision on where to spend my CP very easy. Gambit/Archangel is an awful couple of 5*s to throw in with him, so Kitty/Loki/Cable it is in a couple of weeks.
    He looks... decent. The stun mechanic is interesting, and the green hits pretty hard, but I don't see anything to get super excited about. His match numbers will be important in terms of who tanks what if you pair him with Okoye/Thor.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok very interesting powers.  I actually like all 3 of his powers.  His yellow is bout on par with OML black if you get out 5 strike tiles, his blue can be really nice with the stun and 21k damage is really good.  I can see 5,5,3 and try and keep firming his nuke, or 5,3,5 looking to bring another green.  He could is overall strong but not broken.  He will not replace the PVP meta but can be used in PVP or PVE.

Nice job overall!
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    assuming a strong green board, that stun might be quite fun to work with.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carnifexx said:
    15% to get Cable (YAY) Gambit (Yay) Archangel (yay?)
    Yay for Gambit?

This is a vault I won’t be spending any extra on. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am kinda torn.
    On the one hand, I definitely want to get a cover early. More Gambit levels are also good and if I'm lucky enough to get that last Angel I need...might as well champ him?

On the other, I'm kinda leaning towards waiting until he's in with Loki and Kitty for a better chance of all of them.
    Ugh, what to do.

I'm glad he doesn't look like a bad character though. Green's a nice heavy nuke. I assume if, for example, your target has 10k health left and you do 20k damage, you knock your target out and the remaining two get 5k damage each. Or if there's one left, they get 10k.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker

I'm glad he doesn't look like a bad character though. Green's a nice heavy nuke. I assume if, for example, your target has 10k health left and you do 20k damage, you knock your target out and the remaining two get 5k damage each. Or if there's one left, they get 10k.
    You see, the way it reads to me...

Brigby said:

Plasma Barrage - 12 greentilepng AP
    Cable lets loose a blast from his massive future-tech plasma rifle. Deals 21766 damage to the target. Any damage beyond the target's remaining health is dealt to each of their allies.

...it sounds like it becomes an AOE if you use it on an enemy with limited remaining health. So if your target, for example, had 1 health point left, then it'd do 21765 damage to both of the other remaining opponents. But maybe that's just me being optimistic.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking at Cable's abilities, his role is likely to be support. His build is easily a 5/5/3 unless his yellow passive fortifies only countdown tiles at 3 covers.

He might pair with Daredevil but they have two same colours: yellow and green. The third one could be JJ for rainbow team. 

Star-Lord could be another good choice to spam the board with up to 5 more green charged tiles with his yellow. If the timing is good, use Bit of Both to make more green (charged) tiles match (due to cascades) because he doesn't destroy charged tiles created by himself or by his allies.

Silver Surfer could help with his Silver Singularity to consume all those charged tiles.

Black Bolt could be another one due to obvious reason but clashes in colour: yellow and green. 

Cable could pair up with Black Bolt and Daredevil for passive damages but you lose out on red and black power.

He doesn't look broken like Gambit. 
  • MaxPowers
    MaxPowers Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Will he have a feeder and if so will it be Deadpool?

Please say yes
  • ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    MaxPowers said:
    Will he have a feeder and if so will it be Deadpool?

Please say yes
    Or Cyke? 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Cyborg Strategist - 9 bluetilepng AP
    Cable uses his cybernetics and future tech to get the drop on his enemy. Choose a basic tile to become a 5-turn Blue Countdown tile. Whenever you make a Green match while one of these tiles is on the board, stun the enemy for 2 turns and create up to 5 Green Charged tiles.
    Is this "convert up to 5 green tiles to charged tiles", or "convert 5 tiles of any colour to green charged tiles"?  Presumably it's the former, or this could snowball very quickly.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 435 Mover and Shaker
    I just feel like he's the missing link for CoulHawk teams. So much board control and AP generation.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,691 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Looks really good if you don’t have thor.

Will he replace thor in my okoye team in pvp. Nope. Yeah cables green is pretty excellent but he doesn’t self feed and Thor hits as hard. Cable you need to down the lowest member to fire off the AOE. 

Will he replace okoye and create more charged green for Thor. Again nope.

Will he become a good third in sim, yes most likely but I wouldn’t even use him with Thor and okoye because Chavez will still be faster for me I’m sure.

I wish pvp was one five star only, it would breathe so much life into both the five and four star tier.
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    What? Waiting for Cable definitely not worth it...I’ll just switch to Netflix instead.