Options

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @CaptainPunchy
    @jackstar0
    @Edgeman
    Hey everybody. If you haven't already done so, please uninstall the game from your device and clear your device cache. This has solved the issue for other users experiencing similar issues. If you are still having issues after reinstalling, I'd recommend sending a ticket to Customer Support. 

P.S. Before you uninstall, please make a note of your Agent Name in case your account is not automatically restored. 

• Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I had a strange unresponsive moment earlier today, too.  If it happens to me again, I'll try the uninstall/cache clear noted above.  @Tombstone, what is an Agent Name, and where can I find it to take note of it, please?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Your Agent Name is your account name in the game (the one that shows up in leaderboards etc).

You may also want to screen shot your info (setttings page at the very bottom where it says 'credits' as that shows your agent name and other info that would help in case game doesn't auto download your account).

My game came back to life a few hours later just as it has for others. Since then it's happened a couple more times. The length of time it takes to recover is somewhat random. I doubt it's cache related at all (only had phone a few months. My prior android phone I had for years and never had a problem). However you can easily manually delete the cache for MPQ without uninstalling it under app settings in the Android app menu if you think that will help. 

I believe what happens is related to signing into google games account. It happened to me  today here at work when I connected to corporate WiFi. When I left to get lunch it cleared up once I was away from WiFi. Leads me to believe sometimes google games can get confused when you transition from cell to WiFi and thinks you are signed in someplace else.

KGB

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not sure if this helps, but Google Play Services has started turning on my location/GPS.  The game pauses, Google Play Services turns on my Location, a pop-up comes up asking me to enable "Improve Location Accuracy", I click no, turn location off again, got back to the game, and it loads fine... only to repeat itself every 10 minutes.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thank you @KGB
  • Culade
    Culade Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same here, happens off and on with my S8 Active.
  • darkaned
    darkaned Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hello,
    I got the same bug here since approximatively one week.
    -Google play Games Pop-up connexion
    -Game loaded à 100%
    -New Google play Games Pop-up connexion
    It happends (now, at this moment for example for me) when i wake up until 8:30-9h00 (morning), then all works great all the day!?!?
    If it can help to investigate by watching logs of the game:
    UserID :  darkaned
    UserLevel: 124
    Team : Colonel Angus
    Smartphone : Huawei mate 9 / Android Oreo

Thxs for support
  • Lukeslad
    Lukeslad Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same issue here, both on ASUS ZenPad and Zenfone 3 Max. Both at Android 7.0. Hope it gets fixed soon!
  • knartz
    knartz Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same problem on my android 7.1.1 phone, but my android 4.3 tablet always connects fine
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Same issue for the last 3 days...last two days i was able to get past it but this morning it is the spinning logos of death. Samsung s9 sport
  • SaInNe1
    SaInNe1 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same issue, happening since the last update. Droid Turbo, Android v6.0.1.

Cleared cache for Google Games and Puzzle Quest. Restarted phone. Tried WiFi and cell data with the same results.

Cycling character logos. First time today I got the cycling Google Games login.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Happened to me again this morning too and took an hour or two to clear.

I have a theory on what's happening with the latest version of MPQ. I'm a regular player like I assume the rest of the posters. When I wake up (USA EST) and play for the first time I am *always* getting a reward sent to me from the prior night PvE or PvP ending after I've gone to sleep. I think those rewards being pushed is the problem. I say that because once I have the rewards the game has worked fine the rest of the day since I don't get rewards mid day (unless maybe a lightning round would end during my day but I haven't had a chance to try one yet).

Maybe some of the others having this problem can check and see if when the game does come back if they are getting rewards pushed to them.

In addition to rewards being pushed I think you need the game to do a reload to cause the issue (during the night game seems to do a reload while during the day it rarely needs to because I assume I'm playing so often it doesn't get swapped out of memory).

KGB
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mine seems to happen between 7:30 PM & 8:30 PM U.S. eastern time. Tonight I wasn't able to sign in until after 9:30 & tried the above suggestion of uninstalling & reinstalling. This did not help, I'm having the same trouble.
  • uma
    uma Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This problem occurs 1-3 times a day from about September 7.

// translated with GT
  • DavidAmaquelin
    DavidAmaquelin Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same issue here.It looks like my google play games account is connected to game.Then mpq loads and when hit 100% and the heroes logos start to move google play games activates again and never load the game.Lenovo  K50 device here.
  • Welforj1
    Welforj1 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I'm having the same issues as previously stated. I've spoken to D3 support who are as helpful as a chocolate fireguard, and wanted a screen shot!I've also tried Google Play Games who left me shortened URL in order to go through a troubleshooting procedure unfortunately I couldn't cut and paste it into my phone's browsers and a manual search was fruitless (shortened URL) Play Games updated 2 days after MPQ (in the UK) and that's when the issue started. In the interim I have logged out of Play Games  in MPQ and I'm now experimenting using Facebook login on MPQ. First thoughts are, it works. Nothing to do with the cache,  I think it's a Devs **** up. Lost loads of points due to being an early morning player... Another row with D3 customer service will ensue no doubt.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Finally got my account restored, but missed a sub close. Ugh with this.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, about how many of you are still experiencing the same problem after reinstalling? 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not the problem (so far), but I am still seeing the interaction with GPG, so I won't be surprised if it happens again.
  • Lukeslad
    Lukeslad Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Sometimes. It's not as often and the blackouts are shorter thoug.