IT'S HAPPENING - Dazzler (Classic)! (9/4/18)

Options

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX said:
    wymtime said:
    IceIX said:
    Another answer for the pile:

Her Passive procs post cascade, so a 5 of a kind won't directly proc the ability until the resultant cascade ends
    Does this mean the game is coming to an end?  Anthony told Craig on the puzzle warriors podcast dazzler would be the last character placed in the game?
    The new character cascade will never end! And no, we've got no plans to stop this train a rollin'. I'm loving the upcoming Anniversary characters...
    Need more HP for all of these roster slots for character you will use 1 time every 1-3 months.  

Will it ever be address about the 2000 HP cost for roster slots over 300?  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was thinking of collecting 30 red ap and then firing her ability thrice. That's where I got up to 44 tiles from. Unless her red drains every 3 red ap to generate additional 3 strike tiles...

And @DarthDeVo I don't have obsessive tendencies.  :| I'm just curious about the potential of her powers.

And It looks like the "upcoming Anniversary characters" (plural) might bring new board mechanics or we'll get both 3* and 5* version of the character. What can be more exciting than Dazzler?

Can't wait for the anniversary to happen!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The best part about this is clearly that people won't suggest Dazzler anymore. If we have to sacrifice a character release that could have gone to someone else, then so be it.

Thankfully she looks like a fun character. Not that I'll get to use her since I've moved to 5's and the game doesn't provide an opportunity to use newer 4's.

Glad to see the partly went back to the old Shield Training cycle, running Kate/MK, but then they've abandoned the pattern of using a recent 4 in favor of Hulkbuster? 2 out of 3's not bad, I guess.

Kinda bummed that this means we'll be getting another Support in a week, without any improvement to the implementation of supports, the availability of tokens, or working new supports into tokens (Dazzler fans, start saving up your CP/HP now, if you want the Dazzler-specific support, since the devs are committed to that garbage practice, best be ready to jump on those bundles when they come out, as we have no idea how many months it'll take for it to become available via normal Support tokens)

I like her kit. She does look like a character I'd enjoy using if I had a reason to play 4's more often. A strike-tile factory, and a passive that benefits from those to stun and eat up enemy special tiles? Could have used something like that last summer to make the R&G/Medusa/Gamora matches more interesting.

Curious about that green though, because it feels like a better version of Nebula's. Nebula's costs more, but counts both friendly and enemy tiles, and has a higher damage cap. I feel like being a cheaper power and having a bottom damage threshold gives Dazzler a significant edge, and that's before you consider that Dazzler is way better at making special tiles to fuel her green than Nebula. There may be enough differences and nuance between them that they're fine, but it feels odd releasing a power that at least appears to be a direct improvement over a power so new that most people in the game haven't used it yet. It's like shipping Nebula with an anchor so she sinks, you know? 

Curious to see what's coming next if Dazzler wasn't worth saving for Anniversary... Hopefully it means this year will be pretty exciting!
  • JFisch1979
    JFisch1979 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    First, every release was Black Bolt. Then we got Black Bolt.
    Next, every release was Dazzler. Now we're getting Dazzler.

There's only one logical next step.

Dr. Bong.

• Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2018
    Options
    IceIX said:
    wymtime said:
    IceIX said:

Her Passive procs post cascade, so a 5 of a kind won't directly proc the ability until the resultant cascade ends
    Does this mean the game is coming to an end?  Anthony told Craig on the puzzle warriors podcast dazzler would be the last character placed in the game?
    The new character cascade will never end! And no, we've got no plans to stop this train a rollin'. I'm loving the upcoming Anniversary characters...
    @IceIX Oh yea? What if your unstoppable train meets an unmovable object?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    And just like that Nebula is rendered obsolete  :smiley:

Does her passive still proc if she is stunned as part of the enemy damage?  For example 4* Wasp's black damages and stuns the target. Would she stun Wasp back too (if there are the required friendly tiles) or would just she be stunned?

Also curious what happens in a deadlock situation. For example America Chavez vs Dazzler as last 2 characters. AC's passive drops a crit that damages Dazzler that then stuns AC. You are in a deadlock since you can't end your turn because you can't move (someone reporting a bug like this right now with ME Hulk's passive vs Teen Jean).

Excited to have all 3 characters at 209+ for Shield Training.

KGB

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX said:
    wymtime said:
    IceIX said:

Awesome any hints for anniversary???  I know you want to share a hint
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    To me, she looks overpowered. But you never know until you use her, obviously. That green looks wickedly cheap. Seems like a good match with C4rol, despite the color overlap.
    They only overlap on passive colours so that’s not really a problem. 
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Asmodaeus said:
    Since you devs are in the mood to grant requests, can I have a pony and a toilet made of solid gold?

Who do you think you are? MC Hammer?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This seems like a coded message to me.  Perhaps we'll be seeing Doop released this Thursday?
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I would think "Classic" Dazzler would have the look from the Xmen Arcade game.  But that's my only knowledge of her besides her 2018 book, which this character art seems to aim for.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    JHawkInc said:

Curious to see what's coming next if Dazzler wasn't worth saving for Anniversary... Hopefully it means this year will be pretty exciting!
    Probably another game-breaking 5.  Last anniversary was when Gambit came out iirc.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just saw others mentioned that she could be a good counter to R&G but you need to bring your own R&G as well.

Come to think of it, it could be 5* Deadpool next.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Team with Nico to boost all of those strike tiles?
    Full rainbow, too.
  • plano78
    plano78 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Vins2 said:
    I would think "Classic" Dazzler would have the look from the Xmen Arcade game.  But that's my only knowledge of her besides her 2018 book, which this character art seems to aim for.
    Than you should read more comics/google her history. This is, indeed, her "classic" costume. 

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mephisto just called. His realm froze over.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OMG!!!  Dazzler!?!  I had to check the calendar to see if it was April 1st!  LOL  This is great!  I'm happy to see she looks like a powerful character that'll be fun to play.  It's also nice to see all the Dev replies/follow-up in this thread (Gold Toilet flushed Pony FTW!).  Nice work, MPQ!
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    plano78 said:
    Vins2 said:
    Than you should read more comics/google her history. This is, indeed, her "classic" costume. 

Well to be fair, "classic" is used a lil loosely by the game.  4cyke isn't really classic, what should be classic wolvie is Daken (yeah I know he started in the yellow, but he was in that brown uni for a long time), and how can Hood be classic anything?  

Hmm on that note, maybe Arcade next  ;)?