MPQ Laws

Options

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Law #12: Whenever you think you'll have an easy win from a PVP battle, they will get lucky cascades and half-kill your characters.  Sometimes this law is enforced to the point of wiping your entire team.
    I had one of the worst of these in Piece by Piece. Going up against Grockamora with Medusa and Kraven, the AI's first match sets off a cascade that wipes my entire team.
    I faced a Piece by Piece AI with a ~470 50Thor/Okoye. They had a cascade that did 55k match damage on turn 2 and downed my 451 Okoye. Needless to say, I lost. So, I feel your pain.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When you spend weeks, countless PVP's, and Shield Simulator matches just to get to 4,000 Season Points to get the Heroic 10 Pack and 9/10 or 10/10 of the rewards are 2*'s. 
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I really love reading about Murphy Law MPQ version. I have too created a thread regarding the laws years ago as linked below:

I think some of the laws in the link may be outdated as there ar e so many changes in the game throughout the years so I am happy that there is new laws list in this new thread. Although some MPQ laws never change :D

1 law that I would like to added:
    When there are 4 of a kind on the board during enemies turn, Ultron Sentry Flyer's swarm will never destroy the tiles that will disrupt their 4-of-a-kind tiles or their special tiles but will always destroy or cause cascade that match your special tiles.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Law #12: Whenever you think you'll have an easy win from a PVP battle, they will get lucky cascades and half-kill your characters.  Sometimes this law is enforced to the point of wiping your entire team.
    I had one of the worst of these in Piece by Piece. Going up against Grockamora with Medusa and Kraven, the AI's first match sets off a cascade that wipes my entire team.
    I wrote this one after going up against a PVP team with boosted Sentry.  I thought it would be an easy win.  Without realizing it, they got enough red for Supernova, killing 2 of my guys and the 3rd was almost dead.  I retreated. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When you drop 4ocket’s green, it will invariably land on a matchable tile. In that special case where the same green tile could swipe in a safe direction or a terible direction, it will say YOLO and swipe to match the countdown.

if ever you lay that green tile down and can make a match that keeps it safe, the incoming tiles will not just be green but a match-4 setup that WILL get matched
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No matter how short the match or how stacked the board is in your favor if you're fighting the Dark Avengers they will each get to fire all of their powers at least once.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When facing a team featuring Teen Jean, there will be a match 5 available on your first turn.
    This.  100%.  Couldnt Like it enough.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is MPQ Law that when you use IM40's Recharge power, either all of the countdowns will resolve OR your opponent will match all three of them away right before they would resolve, crushing your hopes for free AP. In MPQ this is known as 'The Law of 3', which proves all those countdowns exist as one entity.
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    When you drop 4ocket’s green, it will invariably land on a matchable tile. In that special case where the same green tile could swipe in a safe direction or a terible direction, it will say YOLO and swipe to match the countdown.

if ever you lay that green tile down and can make a match that keeps it safe, the incoming tiles will not just be green but a match-4 setup that WILL get matched
    As an addendum... It is MPQ Law that Baby Groot hates you no matter what side he is on. If he is on your team, he will match his own tile or set it up for the enemy to take it out. If he is on the enemy team, he will make the countdown unreachable or if dying will match is as a big F U. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    It is MPQ Law that when you use IM40's Recharge power, either all of the countdowns will resolve OR your opponent will match all three of them away right before they would resolve, crushing your hopes for free AP. In MPQ this is known as 'The Law of 3', which proves all those countdowns exist as one entity.
    I would rather have all or nothing with those countdowns, because if just 1 goes off, that's not enough AP to work with, but IM is still stunned for 2 more turns. 
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    is tinykitty in the urban dictionary yet? 
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When you're facing She Hulk furious charge will consistently drain all and only the ap you need to fire your powers.  When you're playing She Hulk furious charge will only drain useless or inconsequential ap.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    It is MPQ law that if Daken is on the AI team, there will always be enough blue tiles for him to heal, but if Daken is on your team, then this game doesn't even know the color blue exists.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    is tinykitty in the urban dictionary yet? 
    If it's not, it should be. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you have a special tile on the board that you want to protect, the board will result in the only Match 3 possible for your turn including that special tile.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I use The Milano support with R&G. Its three countdown damaging tile is a nice help with lots of strikes out. It's just that the AI matches it away nine of ten times.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is MPQ Law that when using X-23's purple power the trap will end up in either the lower left or lower right corner so as to be completely unmatchable. This is also a law of physics because by the time you've gathered enough AP to use that power, the only purple tile left on the board is the one in the corner.
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Jarvis_Jackrabbit Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    qandols said:
    I use The Milano support with R&G. Its three countdown damaging tile is a nice help with lots of strikes out. It's just that the AI matches it away nine of ten times.
    I have the Milano equipped to R4G as well. It's great when using them with C4rol and St4rlord.
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Jarvis_Jackrabbit Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    When facing a team featuring Teen Jean, there will be a match 5 available on your first turn.
    I have a screen grab of one such matchup where I had three possible moves to make on the first turn, all of which were match 5s.