Murphy's Law of MPQ

wingX
wingX Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
After reading and experiencing all those things in the forum and playing the game itself, I thought it will be interesting to write a list of Murphy's Law of Marvel Puzzle Quest. So far this is what I can think of:

• For the same type of tiles matches, if there are more than possible matches on a board which you need to choose 1 to match, the one you choose will not generate any cascade but if the AI match them or any of the other possible matches, they will generate lots of cascade.

• You will only obtain a or the first cover of a character:
-only after the character's turn is finished in DDQ.
-only after the event in which that character is buffed/essential in that event is over.

• You will only obtain more covers of a character only after you sold that character's cover becuase you really need a roster slot and that character is the lowest cover that you have in your roster

• The character that get buffed/essential in the next event will always be the one you just sold.

• You will always get the most covers for the character that you don't like/do not need/not good to use and the one you really like will be the least covered or hard to get.

• You will only your first cover for a character only when you have no more available slot in your roster.

• The character that you invest in the most will get nerfed.

• The not so good to use character that you keep in hope that it will get buffed or fixed in the future will never get buffed.

• The event that you are able to get a higher rank than you normally do or get better rank and progression reward than you normally would, will always have the awards that you don't really need/want .

• The event that have the reward you really want:
- will also have need the essential character that you do not have.
- wil also be during the time when you are the most busy to play the game.

• Whichever character you start collecting/get the 1st covers for, will get vaulted the next seasons.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty much. I laughed when I finally pulled my 5th yellow patch last week on day 370...and my 6th on day 371. This is why I never buy 3* covers.
  • You will always get your 6th, 7th, and 8th cover of one color before getting your 1st, 2nd, or 3rd of the other two. The color you get the most will always be the one you want the least.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Forgot one.....

As soon as you make that last match to collect enough Ap for CotS or Whale drop, the Ai will always use it's next turn to use several powers at once to wipe your team. icon_cry.gif
  • Forgot one.....

As soon as you make that last match to collect enough Ap for CotS or Whale drop, the Ai will always use it's next turn to use several powers at once to wipe your team. icon_cry.gif

Or one power to drain your AP...
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Forgot one.....

I'd add that as soon as you make a match with your squishiest character (Hood, OBW), the AI will unleash back-to-back-to-back powers and eliminate that key member of your team...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you make a match or use an ability that leaves the biggest threat with only 6 health points left, it will immediately unleash two attacks on you.
  • ghostride23
    ghostride23 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    These tend to happen to me the most

When fighting AI, goons who automatically generate own AP with directly result in a 80 percent less drop of that color for the entire duration of that fight.

Any AI characters whose power can change random color tiles to another, when use of that power is used, results are tiles that match or cause cascades while if the user uses that same character, the result is likely to happen UNLESS the match is the first 2 nodes against lesser teams or if team has Loki.

Trying to gamble for a 4 or 5 tile match from a match drop will result in a one tile short so the AI can gets that 4 or 5 tile match you just tried for.

One character short on health, dry up the board with no tiles left to match except that one character who's short on health to result in death of said character
  • 1. the CPU will get a ridiculous number of cascades in every match doing a lot of damage to my heroes, meaning without health packs I can't play as long as I would prefer
    2. the CPU finding cascades that take away the last 2 or 3 of a color I need to get off an ability that will end the match, and every time it looks like on my next turn I will get the final ones I need, another cascade will come from nowhere and take them away again - thus prolonging the match
    3. the CPU's last hero will survive my last attack by 2 or 3 points which allows him to get off one or two more larger attacks - I still win but I end up taking more damage.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Well, there's also the sort of good kind I guess?

Like when you're going up to a ridiculously scaled node with 2 villains and a goon, you've wiped 3 times prior and decide to max out all boosts. You then proceed to start the match with mega cascades, double, triple even criticals, Goon decides to use all the AP only and you match every CD tile right away and annihilate them without ever really using abilities. Yeah, when Juggernaut goes down after the 2nd turn and you haven't fired off anything and you're now maxed on AP, it does feel good, but knowing you just paid out the @$$ for boosts that you didn't really need, you know deep down that the board would've been completely different otherwise icon_e_smile.gif

But seriously, anyone else feel like Ares is the only enemy that uses multiple abilities in one turn?!? Onslaught to the face, great, lived through it and then BAM, right after, Sunder/Rampage and ur like "well... damn, that sucked". I know others do it too and never the same ability twice, but Ares is just a cheap #$()*@$, lol.
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    If you buy a 5th cover with HP, it will be the next cover you receive from a token.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    all of those things happen to me, but not so regularly that they don't appear random. except for aggressive tinykitty recon. that tinykitty always hits me at the worst time, and usually from a TU.
  • MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    The board will be filled with a color you don't need.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    The board will be filled with a color you don't need.

Especially against Bullseye. If fighting Bullseye, the opening board will be 40% - 60% purple tiles. icon_mad.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Random number generator" will always "randomly" decide to give the weakest cover for introduction PVE rewards, then "randomly" decide to give that cover again for the following PVP rewards.
  • When fighting in a match against Xforce, you will make make a match knock him down to 70 life remaining, at which time he will do a Surgical Strike and/or X-Force to wipe you out or force you to use a health pack you thought you wouldn't have to.

(This has happened to me numerous times... icon_e_sad.gif )
  • You can climb for hours but when you are one match away from a desired progression reward you will either
    1. Get hit, and continue to get hit on a 1:1 basis every match going forward
    2. Watch your best team get killed to insane cascades right after you used your last health pack.
    3. All of the above.

Either way the game laughs and says "progression denied"
  • - If you need an essential character to get the cover you want in an PvE event, you'll get 1 cover of that character just when you need it - but then you have to use that same 1 cover character to grind the essential nodes
    - as soon as you make that sweet, sweet match that is going to let your team nuke the AI team, the AI team then either: a). makes a match that cascades forever, giving them all the AP they need to destroy you or b). already has enough AP, and slaughters you anyway
    - if you unshield long enough to make those last 3 wins to put in yourself way ahead of your competition in PvP, you will lose 5 times and be worse off
    - Magneto's blue countdown tile will always land on the outside edges of the board
    - if you make the game's default 'next move', about 2 in 5 times it will benefit the AI team and not you