MPQ Laws

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    It's MPQ Law that whenever I'm looking for a specific character on my roster, I'll scroll all the way through the selection screen, without finding them, before realizing they're boosted that week and back on the first page I started on.

Not any more...
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    It is MPQ law that there will be a time when every single weekly boosted character will suck so hard that you'll feel obliged to use unboosted ones.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    kk3thess said:
    It is MPQ law that there will be a time when every single weekly boosted character will suck so hard that you'll feel obliged to use unboosted ones.
    Oh, like this week.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    When facing a team featuring Teen Jean, there will be a match 5 available on your first turn.
    Every. Single. Time. And 7 times out of 10, I'll take the glowing bait, forgetting Teen Jean is going to make that choice hurt...
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:
    kk3thess said:
    Oh, like this week.
    This week isn't terrible. St4rlord, 3* Strange and Grocket are all boosted at the moment. Easiest clears I've had in a while.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just when you're about to launch your nuke, that character will be stunned. 

When playing against Prof X, the AI will get several match-5s. When playing with him, you won't.

After matching away all of JJs trap tiles, her next trap tile will spawn so that it is immediately matched by the AI.

Enemy invisibility tiles will never be matchable. 

When against a goon node, the goon you down first is NEVER the one who dropped any tiles (really annoying before someone pointed out the flash animation).

AI Daken will always spawn green tiles that immediately make a match. And he will hit you next turn. 

AI Bullseye will blanket the board with protect tiles to make the match last longer than it needs to for no good reason. 

AI Medusa will match her entanglement tile before it hits zero. 

That match you don't want the AI to make? They won't. But the match they do make will also wipe those tiles somehow. 

If you ever put 50Thor in front, the AIs next match will create a huge cascade so the match damage is insane. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    When facing goons, and right before one of their hard hitting countdown tiles is about to go off, MEHulk will switch away one of the tiles that you were just about to use to get rid of the cd.

When fighting Vulture you will start with a heavy black board or like what happened to me in Shuri's pvp I got a board with a decent amount of blacks and matched them away. On the very next turn Vulture did a vertical match 4 and then a column of almost all black tiles came down.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    When facing a team featuring Teen Jean, there will be a match 5 available on your first turn.
    I’ve noticed the same thing when facing Mockingbird. Match 4’s as far as the eye can see lol.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    AI Bullseye will blanket the board with protect tiles to make the match last longer than it needs to for no good reason. 
    When facing an enemy Bullseye you should always take along Nightcrawler because the dominant board color (according to MPQ Law) will always be purple.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Hadronic said:
    Anything that can be complained about on the forums will be complained about on the forums.
    I think you're missing the point of this thread...
    If I understand this correctly, you're now complaining about someone complaining about the complaining on the forums...

On the forums?
  • WebTangler
    WebTangler Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    When using MEHulk, any time you see you have a match-five waiting on your next move, Grand Entrance will go after those tiles.
  • First21
    First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    It’s mpq law that after the al makes a move you see a match 4 or a match 5 for you to make only for the board take it away by giving the al a cascade 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Hadronic said:
    Anything that can be complained about on the forums will be complained about on the forums.
    I think you're missing the point of this thread...
    If I understand this correctly, you're now complaining about someone complaining about the complaining on the forums...

On the forums?
    My brain just exploded. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    Law #12: Whenever you think you'll have an easy win from a PVP battle, they will get lucky cascades and half-kill your characters.  Sometimes this law is enforced to the point of wiping your entire team.
    I had one of the worst of these in Piece by Piece. Going up against Grockamora with Medusa and Kraven, the AI's first match sets off a cascade that wipes my entire team.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    Law #12: Whenever you think you'll have an easy win from a PVP battle, they will get lucky cascades and half-kill your characters.  Sometimes this law is enforced to the point of wiping your entire team.
    I had one of the worst of these in Piece by Piece. Going up against Grockamora with Medusa and Kraven, the AI's first match sets off a cascade that wipes my entire team.
    If you have Star Lord champed then put 5 on his purple, try to take out as many strikes, especially harder to match ones, as you can while snagging all the purples. Then when you have enough purples use them to overwrite the remaining tiles. Grocket is effectively neutralized and if you bring your own Grocket then take out Gamora first since she'll be an easier kill. Then Grocket and then Nebula. Overall not too tough of a fight unless you get a bad board and/or Grocket is able to get off his green or gets some lucky cascades.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Hadronic said:
    I genuinely cannot like this enough - every freaking time!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    bbigler said:
    If you have Star Lord champed then put 5 on his purple, try to take out as many strikes, especially harder to match ones, as you can while snagging all the purples. Then when you have enough purples use them to overwrite the remaining tiles. Grocket is effectively neutralized and if you bring your own Grocket then take out Gamora first since she'll be an easier kill. Then Grocket and then Nebula. Overall not too tough of a fight unless you get a bad board and/or Grocket is able to get off his green or gets some lucky cascades.
    This was the fifth Grockamora team I'd taken on in the event. The others all went down just fine to that team. But there's not really anything that can be done when the very first enemy match of the game wipes your entire team.
  • DavidAmaquelin
    DavidAmaquelin Posts: 43 Just Dropped In

MPQ Law:

Mockingbird is in your team, enemy team make a match 4... you fire a free power.. which one???the useless and weaker one.

Mockingbird is in the enemy team... you make a match 4...enemy fire a free power..which one??? The most powerful they have always.

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    When you fight against ME Hulk with your 4* Rocket & Groot and 4* Gamora team and his "Grand Entrance" power takes out most if not all your Strike tiles or creates a cascade that does so.

When you fight a *4 Medusa, 4* Grocket, and 4* Gamora team with your 4* Deadpool and think it's going to be easy due to his Black power being one of the best counters for them. Then you start and most of their damage goes to Deadpool instead and the battle ends pretty quickly after that.

• Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Rod5 said:
    Hadronic said:
    I genuinely cannot like this enough - every freaking time!
    I refer to it as rule 34 of MPQ forums

corollary rule 35
    If a complaint does not currently exist on the forums, it will be created.