MPQ Laws

Options

Comments

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When Medusa shuffles the board she only ever moves your special tiles, not your opponent’s, whichever team she is on.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Ptahhotep said:
    When Medusa shuffles the board she only ever moves your special tiles, not your opponent’s, whichever team she is on.
    Except for the opponent's tiles which she shuffles, and which then drop out of position due to a match lower down and are thus not stolen.

Your tiles, of course, are matched away.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ptahhotep said:
    No, no, no. It's MPQ Law that whenever Medusa shuffles the board, she'll line up any special tiles she steals into an immediate match so you never get their benefit.
     ;) 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AXP_isme said:
    When the AI uses Loki’s illusions it will result in a cascade, some free AP and setting up a match-4 or 5. If the player uses illusions it will uselessly shuffle the board and settle into a configuration where the only colours you can match are ones you don’t need. It will also force you to match away your own special tiles or make a match that presents a match-4 to the AI on their next turn. 
    Also applies to Juggernaut's Unstoppable Crash.

Oddly, tho, it doesn't seem to apply to Storm's green (any version), at least in my experience.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Ptahhotep said:
    No, no, no. It's MPQ Law that whenever Medusa shuffles the board, she'll line up any special tiles she steals into an immediate match so you never get their benefit.
     ;) 
    That still helps, as in that the opponent also doesn't have the special tiles anymore. I'll take that over no special tiles taken over at all. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If using 2* Hawkeye you will get plenty of match 5s. You will also have all of your countdown tiles matched away or destroyed right before they go off.
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You've got a 5* at 3/3/5, primed for a level 300+ 4* feeder. You've got 50+ 4* that are level 300+, including the aforementioned 5*'s best friend, arch enemy, lower tiered duplicate etc. but instead they choose a recently released 4* to be the feeder whose closest connection to the aforementioned 5* character is that both their comic books were published by the same company.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You've got a 5* at 3/3/5, primed for a level 300+ 4* feeder. You've got 50+ 4* that are level 300+, including the aforementioned 5*'s best friend, arch enemy, lower tiered duplicate etc. but instead they choose a recently released 4* to be the feeder whose closest connection to the aforementioned 5* character is that both their comic books were published by the same company.
    Time to move on, I think ;)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    The law for Jean Grey and Professor X is very true.

I think Jean Grey appeared with two minions in the DDQ first wave node a few days back. At the beginning of the match, I saw a potential  ---|  shaped match 5  on the bottom left. I was going to make a match 5 and told myself, "Wait, it's Jean Grey. I'll be stunned." I proceed to make a match 4 after that.

In the Heart of Darkness PvE, Prof X team never fails to make a match 5 via cascade in their node. I remember that out of 7 clears, there was a match 5 by their team for 5 out of 7 clears.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    If the only move available must be made by your weakest/most important character (at that particular moment), the enemy team will have the AP for their biggest nuke, and will probably cascade into at least one Match-5 as well.
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Every character is equipped with ghosted supports. 
    Ex. Daken has a 75% chace of making a Green match.
    Ex. At the beginning of a match Teen Jean has an 85% chance of having the board spawn with a 5-match random tile color.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    AI Wiccan can use green to destroy three or more columns with your special tiles in them. Your Wiccan just can’t. 
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    With lockjaw on your team, yellow will always be the most common colour on the board when your team is at or near full health. If you need burst healing it’ll be purple that’s most common but there will be no enemy specials on the board. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    While watching the interminably slow tile fall on the AI turn you'll notice a match-5 become available and you'll begin to salivate at the possibilities.

Then with horror you'll suddenly realize the AI cascade hasn't quite ended yet and despite praying to the MPQ gods for it to stop now it won't until the match 5 possibility is wiped away leaving you curing their names.

KGB

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Playing with Yondu has reminded me why I prefer to play with Gamora or Star Lord when Grocket needs a teammate.. The enemy really lays into him and he's under 50% health but it's ok because there's a beautiful match 4 on the board. I take it and then his yellow countdown gets placed next to other yellows and the enemy matches it away. I make another match and I luck out and get a match 5 from a cascade which gives me a new countdown tile. The enemy team makes their match and apparently it was the only match left so the board reshuffles and, yup, matches away the yellow tile. Of course.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Things are going great and you are about to unleash devastation upon the enemy team using green AP.

Then the AI drops a Rulk Purple on you, deleting it all.  Kicker:  Enemy AI cannot use green AP.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    When running Okoye, Team-up AP will somehow become the scarcest thing around, despite usually clogging the board all over the place.