R159 Release Notes (8/13/18)

124»

Comments

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Joe Fixit/Grey Hulk dresses nice, but that doesn't seem to make any sense.
    We have enough Hulks anyway.

I'm hoping Nebula. She did wear the gauntlet in the comics.

• Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    broll said:
    Nebula. She is a massive hole from the MCU. 
    She sure is, but snappy dresser?  I'm not seeing the connection. 
    A bit of a stretch but she sort of snaps her limbs back in place when they are repaired. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reecoh said:
    broll said:
    A bit of a stretch but she sort of snaps her limbs back in place when they are repaired. 
    A bit of a stretch?  In the MPQ character clues?!?  That's just not possible!  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Will Th4nos have Court Death as well? I'm guessing it'll be some Deadpool-like 50% health reduction that doesn't actually kill anyone. Or maybe some 50% reduction in all special tile efficacy, something like that
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will Th4nos have Court Death as well? I'm guessing it'll be some Deadpool-like 50% health reduction that doesn't actually kill anyone. Or maybe some 50% reduction in all special tile efficacy, something like that
    50% would make sense. “Perfectly balanced”
    He also needs to make bubbles. Thanos loves bubbles.
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    “Snappy dresser” makes me think of the scene where Nebula killed the guard then “snapped” herself back together to escape Thanos.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    zodiac339 said:
    50% would make sense. “Perfectly balanced”
    He also needs to make bubbles. Thanos loves bubbles.

It's true, i do love me some bubbles!

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reecoh said:
    broll said:

A bit of a stretch.  Of Nebula.  Well played.
  • Rogue4Lyfe
    Rogue4Lyfe Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Snappy Dresser

Is that Mytisque??
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Snappy Dresser

Mack with his shotgun-axe???
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    I doubt it.  I'd expect to see stuff he did in the movie.  I have two ideas how this would work:

Stones:
    - Space Stone - Teleport - Go invisible?
    - Time Stone - Reverse Time - Remove special tiles
    - Power Stone - Massive Damage - Massive Damage
    - Reality Stone - Alter the world - Board shuffle/color swap/etc
    - Soul Stone - Sacrifice an ally - Sacrifice an ally to get some big damage, lots of AP, or heal
    - Mind Stone - Nothing really shown in the movie - Maybe some type of ability disable or AP nerf/steal

To have it work with 6 abilities have some kind of toggle, for example once you use Space Stone it turns to time Stone, if each had 2 moves that would work.
    Or it could be 2 moves have 3 each and the third move toggles to the other two between first, second, and third abilities simular to C&D & Antman.

Stones Example:
    - Master Plan (Black) - Spend AP to toggle abilities.
    - Mind / Reality / Soul Stone (Red or Yellow) - See above
    - Space / Time / Power Stone (Green, Purple, or Blue) - See above

Alternate example:
    - Infinity Gauntlet - Just a massive damage to single target, probably either need massive AP or do something to simulate accumulating the stones. 
    - One Step Ahead (Passive) - AP generator 
    - Snap - Two ways I could see this working.  1.  Once you reach a certain AP very high threshold in a certain color it uses all colored AP (like LumberCap) and kills 1 of your allies and 2 of your enemies (regardless of HP).  2.  Functions the same just requires a ludicrous amount of AP in all/many colors.

EDIT:  I just remembered something I heard on Discord.  When people complained about Nightcrawler's move not showing what color it affected the devs stated development work would need to happen to support that.  They followed that up saying that until another character had a move like that the development time wouldn't be spent for one already released character.  Since Nightcrawler's move was updated based on above this suggest that some upcoming character has a similar move.  I'm gonna throw that in with Thanos then.

Move alteration based on above theory:
    - Infinity Gauntlet - Do one of the Infinity stone powers, which power is determined by which AP is most present on the board.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    An easy way to have each Gem/Stone (if indeed this is 4* Thanos and that is a power they are trying to implement) is to do something like Green Goblin's purple.
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Or like Nick Fury’s old yellow, needing a certain amount of AP in each color to trigger specific powers. 
  • whatsupguy
    whatsupguy Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    iOS App Store release notes said "Fixed to the Saved Cover Feature"... Is that a leftover comment from the previous update?
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey @Brigby, any chance of the R160 preview going up today?
    Thanks!
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks!
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    iOS App Store release notes said "Fixed to the Saved Cover Feature"... Is that a leftover comment from the previous update?
    The person doing the notes missed deleting the line, and unfortunately iOS patch notes aren't changeable now like they used to be.

jackstar0 said:
    Hey @Brigby, any chance of the R160 preview going up today?
    Thanks!
    Ask and ye shall receive. :smiley: