Options

Comments

• Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wonko33 said:
    broll said:
    Brigby said:

• When a Support Perk is activated in battle, a banner is displayed with a relevant description of how the board or characters have been affected.
    Oh good. So if we at one point assigned a support which cannot ever be removed, it now slows us down. *slow clap*
    why can't you remove supports?
    You can't directly, but you can just shift it over to Sentry or someone like that and it won't matter.
    or to a 1 star you got from a standard and sell it
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Snappy dresser?
    Something that bites, like a dog? A dog that dresses, in a spacesuit, perhaps?
    It must be Cosmo.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wonko33 said:
    Wonko33 said:
    broll said:
    Brigby said:

• When a Support Perk is activated in battle, a banner is displayed with a relevant description of how the board or characters have been affected.
    Oh good. So if we at one point assigned a support which cannot ever be removed, it now slows us down. *slow clap*
    why can't you remove supports?
    You can't directly, but you can just shift it over to Sentry or someone like that and it won't matter.
    or to a 1 star you got from a standard and sell it
    1* and 2* can't use supports. You have to put them on a 3* you don't use.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "Tiles, that specifically state that only one of those tiles can exist, will no longer be created, if the existing tile is Locked"

Excessive commas aside, does this mean that (for example) if I use Invisible Woman to lock 3-star Cage or Iron Fist's protect or strike tiles, they won't create another one?
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes. Like I said, sneaky Invisible Woman buff. 

And CW Spider-Man buff too. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wondered if we were going to end up with a problem down the road of people pulling weird combos to get two of Gambit's repeater on the board. Guess they got out in front of that one.
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wasn’t Dazzler a snappy dresser? 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CNash said:
    "Tiles, that specifically state that only one of those tiles can exist, will no longer be created, if the existing tile is Locked"

Excessive commas aside, does this mean that (for example) if I use Invisible Woman to lock 3-star Cage or Iron Fist's protect or strike tiles, they won't create another one?
    I'm not so sure about this example as Cage/Fist have a slightly different mechanic. Scarlet Witch, on the other hand, should definitely be blocked from making more CDs.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeiramMR said:
    CNash said:

I'm not so sure about this example as Cage/Fist have a slightly different mechanic. Scarlet Witch, on the other hand, should definitely be blocked from making more CDs.
    Yeah Cage and Fist make tiles if none exist. SW, Gambit, and Cho (among others, presumably) make their tile passively if no others exist. Also 3* Sam, I guess.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Snappy dresser makes me think cable. All those utility belt pouches.... snap, snap, snappity, snap.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,566 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* Cable, Rob Liefeld edition. Think of all the snaps those pouches make as he opens and closes them for granola bars or whatever he keeps in there?
    Will that be the version without feet or with a contorted spine?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alfje17 said:
    4* Cable, Rob Liefeld edition. Think of all the snaps those pouches make as he opens and closes them for granola bars or whatever he keeps in there?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alfje17 said:
    If there is any justice in the world, it will be #PeakLiefeld

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,566 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anybody got a serious idea who this "snappy dresser" will be? Only search results I've gotten are Justin Hammer (not very likely) and T'Challa (too many versions already).

As it will probably be an Infinity War tie-in, I would prefer a new version of Scarlet With or Vision, but it'll almost certainly be another 5* Iron Man.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Alfje17 said:
    Anybody got a serious idea who this "snappy dresser" will be? Only search results I've gotten are Justin Hammer (not very likely) and T'Challa (too many versions already).

As it will probably be an Infinity War tie-in, I would prefer a new version of Scarlet With or Vision, but it'll almost certainly be another 5* Iron Man.

I agree with wanting SW or Vision.  However, I'm expecting it to be a 4* Thanos.  Snappy dresser sounds like the kind of pun they would use for his PvP event, he's the most crucial character in the movie, and he has no 4* variant.

Also the devs mentioned on discord they wanted to rerun the Clash of the Mad Titan DDQ variant for IW release but couldn't due to losing a week when the film release was bumped up a week.  I'm hoping we get a 4* Thanos and a re-run of CotMT.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    FWIW, I think it's Vision.  He was a pretty snappy dresser in the Edinburgh part of Infinity War.  
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nebula. She is a massive hole from the MCU. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nebula. She is a massive hole from the MCU. 
    She sure is, but snappy dresser?  I'm not seeing the connection.  Vision I could see with the Edinburgh part and it crossed my mind, but it seems like a stretch.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "Snappy Dresser"

Typhoid Mary?