R159 Release Notes (8/13/18)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the release notes for the R159 update!

MPQ 159!
  • "Snappy Dresser"
What's Changed:
  • Players will be able to tell if they are currently receiving Bonus Rewards in the Resources screen
  • When a Support Perk is activated in battle, a banner is displayed with a relevant description of how the board or characters have been affected.
  • The amount of data that is downloaded with each release has been reduced.
  • Tiles, that specifically state that only one of those tiles can exist, will no longer be created, if the existing tile is Locked
Character Changes:
  • Nightcrawler's power BAMF will now display what color is most present on the board.
  • Black Bolt's power Energy Channeling will now display what color is most present on the board.
  • Hawkeye (Clint Barton)'s power Deep Breath now displays a power banner when activated in battle.
  • Riri Williams (Ironheart)'s power Remote Control Gauntlets, when used as a Team-Up, will no longer damage all opposing characters.

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options

Snappy as in snapping of fingers?  4* Thanos incoming.

:edit

Or, it's an anagram of "Press espy Rand", so 5* Iron Fist incoming.

Or, it's a reference to dressing sharp, as in ZZ Top's Sharp Dressed Man, ZZ obviously means Sleepwalker incoming.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Woah - I had no clue BB charged tiles were specific to the majority color.  I always thought it was just random! 
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    they have improved some confusing powers or some that are a pain to use like that. I hate counting tiles to know if 3 Cyclops has enough reds etc

Right off the bat they made it easy to know who Valkyrie is targeting with her black as well. A lot nicer than the click until it blinks we have to do to know who's countdown tile it is when playing goons
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Definitely appreciate the bonus rewards notice and the updates to powers that show which color is most present. Thanks devs!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Love the character updates, even if they're minor, they need to happen eventually.

Snappy as in snapping of fingers?  4* Thanos incoming.
    This is an MPQ clue. Meaning it's way more likely to refer to some mutant who can transform into bedroom furniture than an MCU version of Thanos.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby Lakestone said in the bugs section that Okoye's spear blocking the board on steam version will fixed this week but I don't see it in the notes. Could you check with him and see if the fix is still coming?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

MPQ 159!
    • "Snappy Dresser"
    Character Changes:
    • Nightcrawler's power BAMF will now display what color is most present on the board.
    THANK YOU.  This is Nightcrawler's one really good power and it was hobbled by not including this information. Glad to see this simple but significant fix.

As for the clue, Thanos seems obvious with the "snappy" part, but "dresser"?
  • Brigby
    Options
    Brigby Lakestone said in the bugs section that Okoye's spear blocking the board on steam version will fixed this week but I don't see it in the notes. Could you check with him and see if the fix is still coming?
    I just double checked, and if all goes accordingly, I believe that fix should be in tomorrow's daily patch update.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Just to note, it's not fixed as in "her spear no longer covers any tiles at all", but fixed as in "her spear no longer fully obscures the tiles, so they are identify-able and icons on them are legible"
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options

The bedazzled glove? 
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think it must be a version of Thanos wearing that cool waistcoat that 4* Luke Cage wears. Failing that, I’d settle for a version of him that acually uses the gauntlet/infinity stones. 

Also, yay nightcrawler
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

MPQ 159!
    • "Snappy Dresser"

Thanos cosplaying as Dazzler?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't play with Nightcrawler, but not having to read complaints about his purple power on the forums anymore will be a QoL improvement nonetheless.

Snappy dresser... snappy dresser... well, Dazzler wears clothes and since she's a musician she snaps her fingers to the beat. 4-star Dazzler confirmed!!!
  • Brigby
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Just to note, it's not fixed as in "her spear no longer covers any tiles at all", but fixed as in "her spear no longer fully obscures the tiles, so they are identify-able and icons on them are legible"
    "As a workaround, just turn your monitor around and look at the pic from the back, where the tiles are obscuring the spear" XD
    Darn it! Why didn't we think of that?!
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That sneaky Invisible Woman buff doh. I see you D3
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sim Mayor said:

The bedazzled glove? 
    And who made that "glove"?

Eitri the crafty Dwarf King confirmed.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm going to guess another Wolverine because 3* Patch wears a snazzy suit...