R159 Release Notes (8/13/18)

Options

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:

• When a Support Perk is activated in battle, a banner is displayed with a relevant description of how the board or characters have been affected.
    Oh good. So if we at one point assigned a support which cannot ever be removed, it now slows us down. *slow clap*
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The support banner won’t slow anything down, it’s all one banner with more information on it. It’s a good change, IMO.
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Snappy Dresser...Morph?
  • Will_Lockhorns
    Will_Lockhorns Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Snappy Dressser....maybe a 4* squirrel girl? I'm just being random...

• BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I’m going with Vision.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm going with Nebula. I'm reminded of the scene in IW when I see snappy dresser.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Really hoping its Kitty Pride.  She's gone through more costume changes since her introduction than anyone else I can think of.  And we are way overdue for her.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Snappy Dresser, as in a dresser that you snap together. In other words, IKEA furniture. IKEA is a Swedish company. The most well-known Swedish Marvel character is Erik Selvig from the MCU. Since he had been mind-controlled by Loki, who was just released, Erik Selvig is the most obvious choice for a new character.

Or take the initials, SD, and decide they mean Surprise! (not) Dazzler!
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Someone who clicks their fingers to put on their suit/armour so I don’t know why but i.m came to mind first so maybe another variant? Infinity war armour maybe?

other than that if it’s a new character maybe chameleon or morph as they change costume a lot when they change into other characters 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Just to note, it's not fixed as in "her spear no longer covers any tiles at all", but fixed as in "her spear no longer fully obscures the tiles, so they are identify-able and icons on them are legible"
    Can't come soon enough.  I just had a match where I missed a match-5 in the bottom left corner first move, obscured by the cursed -3 Spear of Obscuration.  My opponent didn't miss it.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Just to note, it's not fixed as in "her spear no longer covers any tiles at all", but fixed as in "her spear no longer fully obscures the tiles, so they are identify-able and icons on them are legible"
    "As a workaround, just turn your monitor around and look at the pic from the back, where the tiles are obscuring the spear" XD
    only possible with a good connection, depends on the quality of your wlan cable
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    • Nightcrawler's power BAMF will now display what color is most present on the board.
    Glad to see this particular improvement, thank you!
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:

Character Changes:
    • Nightcrawler's power BAMF will now display what color is most present on the board.
    You already had me here.  :D
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You snap your fingers when listening to music, and, seriously, who's a better dresser than Dazzler?  Wearing a disco ball as a necklace is the height of fashion!

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Snappy = fast. 5* Quicksilver. Maybe 4* Speed.  Who gets dressed faster in Marvel?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We know it won't be Snapper Carr. :-)
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll said:
    Brigby said:

• When a Support Perk is activated in battle, a banner is displayed with a relevant description of how the board or characters have been affected.
    Oh good. So if we at one point assigned a support which cannot ever be removed, it now slows us down. *slow clap*
    why can't you remove supports?
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    Nightcrawler and Okoye updates = great stuff!

As for snappy dresser... how about Azazel? Would make for an interesting villainous addition.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wonko33 said:
    broll said:
    Brigby said:

why can't you remove supports?
    You can't directly, but you can just shift it over to Sentry or someone like that and it won't matter.