5th Anniversary Wishlist

Options

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd suggest a 5* joke / trophy character to go with Bagman, Howard and Devil, but we already have Wasp.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd suggest a 5* joke / trophy character to go with Bagman, Howard and Devil, but we already have Wasp.
    There's not an official joke/limited character at the 3* or 5* level, so they could do a 3/5 Dazzler but imagine that some 3* player lucked out and got thirteen covers during Anniversary for an incredibly weak 5* Dazzler, pumped all of their iso into her to champ her only to realize that she was only marginally stronger than their base champed 3s. Useless in pve and now they have 5* competition in pvp.
  • Moon Roach
    Options
    If Dazzler comes in as a joke character, I shall be most put out.
  • shardwick
    Options
    I could honestly see them making her the next 3/5 character where the 3* is a limited character in a new regular Dazzler event that gives a random Dazzler cover and then having the 5* version be pretty awesome but slightly different powers kinda like 3/5 Hawkeye.
  • Moon Roach
    edited September 2018
    Options
    OJSP said:
    If Dazzler comes in as a joke character, I shall be most put out.
    Phrasing..
    Humperdinck in Princess Bride.  Though my memory played tricks on me.  The full quote is "Iocaine! I'd bet my life on it. And there are the Princess's footprints. She is alive ... or was, an hour ago. If she is otherwise when I find her, I shall be very put out."
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    rixmith said:
    A change to the PVE structure so that I don't have to play at certain times of the day in order to do well at it.
    What is consider doing well? You can obtain T50 in most slices CL9 just by doing 7 clears. You can do them in a row for lowest possible points and usually get the 4 star from placement. If you want T10, not sure how they make it competitive without timers. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We'd be lucky to get Domino.

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Some of the things on my wishlist:
    - more ISO. Some double or treble ISO events
    - more rISO. See above
    - a general increase in the quantity of rewards. More CPs, more HPs, more covers...
    - A re-run of the Thanos themed DPD. It would be pretty easy to re-skin and it gave a lot of good rewards
    - 4hor-type LRs. They had these from a previous anniversary, if I remember correctly it was by way of an apology for something going wrong but tokens rained from the heavens. If they did something like this rewarding LTs that would be amazing. Alternatively they could do something like the first run of the Sakaar arena where rewards were much more plentiful for casual players. Honestly, as long as it rains tokens I don’t really care how it’s done...
    - Update champion rewards to include rISO and support tokens
    - Update daily login rewards to give rISO and support tokens
    - Adding the character specific and more recent supports to the pool in the tokens
    - A roster slot sale - that was great last time around
    - More DINO! Especially Dino dancing
    - Something new and exciting to break up the monotony perhaps 🤗
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmmmm......I guess I'll add my 2 cents:

• Double ISO events
    • New Dazzler 3*/5*, that's awesome, fun and NOT limited
    • Expanded DDQ to earn 4* covers everyday
    • SCL 10 with 5* progression and placement rewards
    • Less grinding overall, more "puzzle-like" challenges
    • Update 5* feeders to be 2 x 4*s
    • Create a new Pick-Your-Own Pool Legendary Store.
    • Allow Max Champs to have all 3 powers at level 5 (this should have been done a long time ago)
    • Good 20-item vaults
    • Special Anniversary Pack that's a great value
    • Acknowledging all the feedback on this forum
  • New_Doug
    New_Doug Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Announce and release all 5 star feeders.

Release new 3*'s so that most 4*'s (and all 4*'s that feed 5*s) have a feeder. Start with 3* Bolt, Surfer, Goblin, Okoye, and JJ. Why? because all other 5*s have a 3* or 4* variant.
  • shardwick
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Spending 5,000 hp on some new 3s doesn't sound very appealing to me unless they also had like a buy 1 get 4 free sale on roster slots at the same time. And honestly there needs to be a better way to feed covers than the current system.

Instead of one character feeding another specific character then maybe it could be something like Spider-verse feeds Spider-verse. But you would be able to choose who got a cover. Currently 3* Spidey feeds Miles. In the new system when you got to 183 you wouldn't automatically get Miles' purple cover you would get to choose which character in the Spider-verse got the free cover and then that cover would be the color that you had the least amount of for that character. 3* Spidey could give a cover to Agent Venom at 183 and then could give one to Spider Gwen at 223 if you wanted to do that. This way tags have more importance to the game and it gives the player more control on the characters that they want to focus on.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    • Big ISO bonuses!
    • New character release: 4* or 5* Namor
    • Announcement of unretiring of 7-day events, Gauntlet, and heroics
    • New game modes
    • New events with new goons (e.g. AIM, Sentinels, Skrull, Hydra..)

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m going to be realistic and ask for one thing the game desperately needs with 70+ 4’s:

A new 3/4 token

I sort of expect the devs to have increased iso and riso Events.  That’s the only thing I really want to see from them, and new/different/rare events are all very welcome too.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm setting the bar low.  I just want to not be disappointed.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm really hoping for new stories/events. I think new content drives better engagement.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    More-Than-Daily Deals.

Vaults and Stores have Daily Deals. For Anniversary, run them every 12 hours, so they refresh twice as often.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I totally agree with @jackstar0 above - the game badly needs new content.  Reopen the Prologue, transition it into a casual play mode, something.

I love the idea of sending a small party out on a mission and making them unavailable for 24 hours.  They don't have to come back with a Giant Super Reward, just something fun to do midday for a modest reward, but sending those characters on that mission means that they cannot join your ongoing plans for Story or Versus.

I'm far, far less interested in collecting new characters than I am in keeping the actual play fun and engaging.  So while I can get behind a new silly anniversary character - why not somebody from Howard the Duck's remarkable rogues gallery? - I'd be much happier with some new things to actually do.  More PUZZLES or a QUEST, instead of just grinding to collect tokens and Iso.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I totally agree with @jackstar0 above - the game badly needs new content.  Reopen the Prologue, transition it into a casual play mode, something.

I love the idea of sending a small party out on a mission and making them unavailable for 24 hours.  They don't have to come back with a Giant Super Reward, just something fun to do midday for a modest reward, but sending those characters on that mission means that they cannot join your ongoing plans for Story or Versus.

I'm far, far less interested in collecting new characters than I am in keeping the actual play fun and engaging.  So while I can get behind a new silly anniversary character - why not somebody from Howard the Duck's remarkable rogues gallery? - I'd be much happier with some new things to actually do.  More PUZZLES or a QUEST, instead of just grinding to collect tokens and Iso.
    It's been a while since the devs have said it, but the biggest complication with that is that characters drive spending, and new events don't. So while people say "We want new events, not characters," it's doing the opposite that keeps them in business. Which means they need a way to bridge the gap.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When you look at people who have quit the game though, it doesn't tend to be because of a lack or characters and more because the game has become so repetitive and boring. 
  • shardwick
    Options
    When you look at people who have quit the game though, it doesn't tend to be because of a lack or characters and more because the game has become so repetitive and boring. 
    Yeah, I quit the game earlier this year from being completely burned out on all the constant grinding. It's why I'm always advocating for adding more side content to keep things fresh and interesting as well as more progression focused content. I still lurked the forums to see if there were any big changes to the game like a focus on more progression based content like gauntlet, expanding prologue, revamping pve to make things less based on time or a change to pvp like hybrid pvp or a reworked wins-based system. So when they announced hybrid pvp I jumped back into this damn game. Saved covers was a really nice feature too though that was added. Unfortunately when I did come back most of all of my friends that I was in an alliance with had quit the game completely and had zero interest in coming back. MPQ is probably my favourite match 3 type game but it can be incredibly boring and yet it doesn't have to be. Really great gameplay, great license attached to it, not much content. It's like going to a Thanksgiving dinner but the only thing to eat is turkey and dressing.