Deadpool Daily, automation/simplification for advanced enough players?

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    If you have kids between the ages of 6 and 12, then I would subcontract out the work to them.  They'll have fun with it and you'll still get the rewards.  Win-Win.  I've been doing that lately.
    Bingo.  Great for car rides.  I trust all non-essential nodes to my 8 year old with the Grockdusa team :smiley:
    My son likes a challenge.  He played Strange against some DDQ goons and he said that it was too easy.  So, I just let them pick whoever they want.  But they have to follow 2 rules, don't use my health packs or team-up attacks. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:
    I just skip the 1 and 2 star nodes now. I still get both ISO progression rewards and the 3* cover, which is all I really care about anyway.
    But you miss out on two of the three Taco Tokens, which possibly give out better rewards than Iso and a 3* cover.
    I also feel the DDQ more as a chore than a fun activity, but three minutes for 2 Taco Tokens is well worth the time invested. Also, 1700 Iso extra is always nice. 
    It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. 90% of my taco tokens give me either a 2* cover or useless health packs. The only thing in a taco vault I really, truly want is the 4* covers which come up maybe once every 6 months.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    Or how about after a certain day like on your day 1500 he pops out and says, "Hey, you've played this game enough.  I got your back."
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    The game saying it's "got my back" and letting me skip a few easy DDQ nodes after 1500 days would be like if you recycled cans until you became a millionaire and then the soda company said it's "got your back" and started taping the nickel to the can to save you some time.

It's really just not necessary. By the time you get to the point that you'd be skipping DDQ nodes, you're likely to be skipping them anyway because the reward isn't worth it, so why bother coding that into the system to begin with?
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    Why?  Because games are fun.  You still have to play the node, but Deadpool whales on them.  I play all of the nodes every day, but I like to have fun.  Little things like Deadpool breaking the 4th wall are fun to me.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree. Developed players should be forced to do the 1*/2* only nodes over and over again.

Booooooooring
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Sim Mayor said:
    Speaking as someone who is getting up there in time played and SCL...you realize that you're basically saying "My game takes too long, I wish I could get the rewards without having to actually PLAY it."

If the tokens and iso are useful to you, spend a few minutes while waiting for the bus on a node that you can beat with 10% of your attention. Snicker to yourself while you do it that you're getting rewarded for laughing at how easy the game has become.

Problems:

Steam player (I would not migrate to phone, but would be nice to be able to combine)

I ride a bike to/from work (so no daily downtime), I have to take the time from something else.

• herm1978
    bbigler said:
    If you have kids between the ages of 6 and 12, then I would subcontract out the work to them.  They'll have fun with it and you'll still get the rewards.  Win-Win.  I've been doing that lately.

I've tried that, but my 7 year old daughter doesnt seem to find it fun enough to play the game when she cant choose the characters she wants (the female ones, of course).
  • herm1978
    While I do think DDQ needs to be refreshed, if your desire is to automate the actual game portion of a game then you should take some time to assess whether you should still be playing. Do you still enjoy MPQ, or are you just addicted to the rewards structure? Seriously consider the latter, as most mobile apps (games and social media) foster and rely on this sort of addiction.

I usually play for the 4* cover in story events (not every event), because what I find fun is to develop my roster. The DD is just one part of the game, and for me it happens to give the most reward/time (even though I think it is boring). And I need the resources to be able to develop my roster.

/start tangent

Back in the day when I played WoW I was stupid enough to have at least one of every class (since what I liked was to be able to try everything).

But that wasnt really sustainable in the MMO genre since doing the same quests over and over (with different classes just to level them) wasnt exactly fun. But I did it for a good while since I liked the different classes and wanted to try them out at higher levels.

I could think of ways to mitigate the boring part, like less xp needed to get to a certain level, for every character you had at that certain level. That doesnt mean I didnt like the game and didnt want to play, I just had done that specific part so many times.

/end tangent

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Rod5 said:
    While I do think DDQ needs to be refreshed, if your desire is to automate the actual game portion of a game then you should take some time to assess whether you should still be playing. Do you still enjoy MPQ, or are you just addicted to the rewards structure? Seriously consider the latter, as most mobile apps (games and social media) foster and rely on this sort of addiction.
    Or is it just a case of driving a sports car most of the time but being required to drive a 1.2L hatchback to work and back...I’d prefer to have the DDQ structure looked at or at least an auto-win for the 1*/2* nodes.

How much can I enjoy playing with the same weaker characters that I’ve had on my roster for the best part of 5 years when I spend 99% of my time using Latest champed 5*s?
    "but being required to drive a 1.2L hatchback to work and back" 

If playing a game now feels like work, you're not in it for the game anymore, you're in it for the psychological effect you get from earning a reward. As I noted, DDQ should get refreshed. There's no reason they can't add some variation to it so that it becomes a fun play experience no matter how many times you've done it. But auto-win sidesteps the entire point of the game, which is entertainment through gameplay. Asking for auto-win says "let me get my fix faster," not "Let me enjoy the way I'm spending my time."
    I'm sorry, but you can't seriously expect me to have fun playing 2* characters after 1733 days of playing.
    Of course it's a chore, and of course we're all doing it for rewards, just like the rest of the game.

The core gameplay is matching pretty gems, that's not what has kept me playing for 5 years.

Community is, and rewards.
    To clarify, my argument wasn't that "if you are bored of playing the same 2* nodes every day, there's something wrong with you" or anything to that effect. Of course those nodes are boring. I will say once again, DDQ needs a refresh to fix this. My argument was that if a change is going to be made, it should be in the direction of improved entertainment value and not automating gameplay to get us through the tedium and to the rewards faster.

That said, if one can't see the fun in it anymore even after an update and the goal is to just collect rewards, then yes, please take a moment to reassess your habit. This is something we should all do from time to time to determine if we're still actually getting anything positive out of the game, or if we're just locked into an unhealthy addiction.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Of course it's an unhealthy addiction.
    MPQ is basically a gambling addiction simulator.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd say most mobile games suffer from this, so if changes are made going forwards I'd prefer they improved the bits that are actually still a game and not just install another bank of penny slot machines.
  • Galathan
    Galathan Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2018
    I completely disagree with automation or reward handouts to any anyone regardless of scl, you want the rewards play for them if you can't be bothered to play don't expect the rewards to keep coming. I find this 0 effort but still entitled to rewards mentality really appalling.
  • herm1978
    Galathan said:
    I completely disagree with automation or reward handouts to any anyone regardless of scl, you want the rewards play for them if you can't be bothered to play don't expect the rewards to keep coming. I find this 0 effort but still entitled to rewards mentality really appalling.

Seriously, who said anything about being entitled to anything? It's not like I ask for 1st place rewards just for participating in a story or pvp event.

This is a game, they (especially micro transaction games) tend to get updated/improved from time to time.

• Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Galathan said:
    Ok.  Then asks the devs to roll back your game, so that your rewards are the same as they were 5 years ago.  No elite tokens, no cp, no 4*, maybe a few thousand iso a *week*, no DDQ, etc.  

The truth of the matter, whether you like it or not, is that as the game has progressed and evolved, we have gotten more and more rewards for less and less.  Sometimes those updates came from the devs, and some were from us asking and asking and asking for changes.  

I'm appalled that you are appalled.
  • MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 91 Match Maker
    I think most people on the forums have been begging or at least wanting a good update to ddq. The behemoth burrito node actually angered a lot of people, understandably. For me, it was just sorta anti climactic. DDQ is stale. Getting a free 3* every day and a Lt every 5 days... plus 6k in iso every day... doesn’t move the needle anymore, not for me at least. 

With tier dilution, these rewards aren’t even that interesting. A free 3*? For me that’s just farming. 6k iso can be nice, but I need things to spend iso on before I need to worry earning more of it. There should be a node that rewards a 4* by now. At the very least, make it run alongside the crash and reward the required 4*... that’s giving away a 4* once every 5 days. Not that bank-breaking right? 

I still enjoy this game, so it’s not chasing me away. It’s just a boring aspect. In all honesty, if I weren’t addicted I would probably walk away, since this game is in a 100% circulating loop. I appreciate and applaud the new changes, but they only make me dislike aspects of the game less, they aren’t helping me truly enjoy the game. My only problem is... besides making 5s more obtainable, I don’t know what would truly make me enjoy it more. I suppose that is why I stopped spending about a year ago 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Should we address the elephant in the room? I might be overestimating its presence, but Strike Force has an autoplay button, and after the first win there's an autowin button. It works for that game because you can and are supposed to endlessly farm missions for a ton of resources.

Autowin probably shouldn't be included in MPQ, but why not autoplay?  Its not uncommon in grindy rpgs to include an autoplay option. Just let the AI play for you, maybe restrict the ability to use powers.