Scheduled Downtime on Wednesday, 7/25

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was just able to login.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Oh man.  Sucks for anyone in S2 that pre-cleared.

Good on anyone that thought to gamble and wait.

At least it wasn't the character release.

Suggestion for next outage - plan for a time that does not fall within an hour of any of the PvE story times?  Pretty please?  :)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    Maybe they're already done?

Probably not
    Definitely not.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Hey everyone,

Update on the downtime: We discovered a potential issue and have decided to postpone the scheduled maintenance. We'll update everyone when that will be.

Thanks!

What a way to mess with people. That will mess up PVE and PVP scores and rankings based on the previous announcements depending on the time shards.  Many of us spent hero points on shields that we did not have to as well.   Total sad face.  
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    I smell mass compensation coming.

I also smell a lot of other things, but mass compensation definitely is one of them.
    First there will be Mass Hysteria. And also cats and dogs living together.
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    abmoraz said:
    Talus9952 said:
    If you really wanted to let players know of the downtime, this message would be in game, and not on the forums.  How much do you want to bet how many players will be coming to the forums to ask if the game is down because there was no message in game about scheduled downtime?
    um... it was in game.  I got it last night.
    It wasn't in game until after I posted this.  Which was also, way after the forum announcement.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:

I also smell a lot of other things, but mass compensation definitely is one of them.
    Don't spend your 100 HP and elite token all at once. You've got to pace yourself. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well Planned!!!  Well Executed!!!

Its worth it to discuss how this outage went and to express some clear player sentiments in anticipation of  the reschedule

Pros.
    --  Please continue on with updating infrastructure.  These are important things and should be high priority.

--  You gave us at least some advance warnings both here and in game.  That said, some might argue that the notice came to late for them to actually change plans alter decisions.  But I applaud you getting the info out.  Alliances were alert and players who cared were reasonably well informed.

Cons.  In anticipation that the outage is postponed, please consider these points.

---  While outages are necessary evils,  can they be better fit around the existing event structures?  I appreciate you tried to do this before the New release event,  but could the timing be better improved?

--  Can you give players some planning certainity with respect to outage times.  I.e.  If you announce 10am - noon est,  please take down pvp and pve for those announced times.  The integrity of the game is more important than 2hrs of uptime.  Honestly,  downtime is fine as long it is specfic and announced.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:

Over/Under?  2 Heroic tokens and 500 iso...
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Hey everyone,

Update on the downtime: We discovered a potential issue and have decided to postpone the scheduled maintenance. We'll update everyone when that will be.

Thanks!
    Well thats a fine howdoyoudo...

At least hope you’ll read suggestions made in this topic for when you will do the maintenance

My suggestion would be on a thursday, right in between s2 and s3 pve. No LR, no grinds/clears being done and all pvp are in early stages... 
  • DarthDeVo
    Bowgentle said:

Over/Under?  2 Heroic tokens and 500 iso...
    Heroic tokens have a small chance of giving out 4*s, and the bonus heroes that may come with them. Either outcome could possibly lead to an LT from a champ reward, which could give a 5* cover, or could reward a 4* that feeds a 5*. Don't want to give the store away, so Elites it is. 

* I'm being only mostly sarcastic about all of that. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smart80 said:
    Hey everyone,

Thanks!

At least hope you’ll read suggestions made in this topic for when you will do the maintenance

My suggestion would be on a thursday, right in between s2 and s3 pve. No LR, no grinds/clears being done and all pvp are in early stages... 
    What if they announced a week ahead of time and did it during a Boss Event?  Even less likelihood to get in the way of people's play time as it circumvents the slice issue.  4-6pm EST and done.
  • RPIJG
    RPIJG Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Are you kidding me?!?!

First, you botch this by choosing an terrible time to actually perform the update.
    Then you mess that up by not having it be a set time, and one that interfered with event slices to begin with.
    Then you try to make it better by announcing it in-game (which I got this morning)
    Then you mess it up further by announcing AFTER the shutdown was supposed to happen that you aren't shutting it down further screwing the S2 folks who pre-cleared in anticipation of your "planned" shutdown.  

This is the very definition of screw up and then doubling down on your screw up...and then borrowing house money to go double or nothing on that screw up.  This isn't that hard guys.  It really isn't.  Stop making it harder for yourselves.
  • DarthDeVo
    Smart80 said:
    Hey everyone,

Thanks!

If it has to be done during the day, that would be a good time. I came up with 3-5 a.m. Eastern. That gives the S5 PvE people an hour to get their initial clear in, and should be done before S1 needs to do final grind. I don't think it conflicts with any PvP either. 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    OJSP said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    If it has to be done during the day, that would be a good time. I came up with 3-5 a.m. Eastern. That gives the S5 PvE people an hour to get their initial clear in, and should be done before S1 needs to do final grind. I don't think it conflicts with any PvP either. 

I think the developers need to be in the office for the maintenance..
    Do we know what Time Zone "the office" is in? Are they in EST?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do we know what Time Zone "the office" is in? Are they in EST?
    Home office is in Cali (PST), but that doesn't mean the servers have to be there.  It could be a backup server they're working on in Minnesota for all we know...
  • TriggerTime
    TriggerTime Posts: 72 Match Maker
    OJSP said:
    D3Go in the West Coast (PST), Demiurge in the East Coast (EST)

...Is this their office?

• Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    Bowgentle said:

A disaster of Biblical proportions.
  • FinnyMPQ
    FinnyMPQ Posts: 51 Match Maker
    DAZ0273 said:
    Bowgentle said:

A disaster of Biblical proportions.
    Tell em about the twinkie
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm experiencing an unscheduled uptime.