What rewards do you want added to VIP?

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some small increase to the stuff you get in VIP is probably possible, but if it's a small increase (say 25% like above), I don't really see why it's that necessary.  I probably wouldn't even notice something like that.

I think the reaction was more to the guys who were saying they wouldn't pay $10 for VIP unless it included unlimited 5* covers, a yacht hand-carved from a giant ruby, and a VIP version of the MPQ app that caused ancient gold doubloons to shoot out the charging port of your phone every time you won a fight. 

Those guys are just never going to spend any money ever, so making changes to make them happy is pointless.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    *A random @IceIX appears!*

:D 

Glad to see D3 taking some of the (reasonable)  forum suggestion serious. 

If yall ever need a free lance player for suggestions or ideas 

*wink*
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    I think there are some good suggestions here, but I fall into the camp of "small changes that are unique". Sure, I'd love double ISO or more LTs or whatever, but what would get me excited is something unique like:
    a. Let me refresh my shields for 50HP. Of course, I'd have to buy them again as well.
    b. A daily event that doesn't give out much in terms of resources, but makes me feel valued for ponying up $$$
    c. Let me swap a cover. This could be handled as a new special token (1 token = 1 swap), or as a special HP payment. Start with these only being in VIP and maybe resupply awards.
    d. Reset the prologue as part of the renewal bonus. It's not much, but it would be unique.

You get the idea. Small bonuses that are more different than overpowering. I've always been surprised that VIP rewards are just "more" rather than special. 
  • LeRoy1979
    LeRoy1979 Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    You could swap out the 500 iso for "Double ISO for the day." That's likely a coding nightmare, but I'm not a dev and can't do maths so it's not my problem. Plus, if you do the math, that would actually be quite a bit of ISO through your pve clear.

Even though I am a part of the Support haters, I'd say adding even a Basic Support token would be useful. Anything to replace a boring, static reward with the mere possibility of a decent one (through the blessing of RNG, all praise and glory to thee) triggers the dopamine hit we all need to keep playing this game.

I don't think that one heroic 10 pack would cause the end of the world either. Especially if it could be tied somehow to your Shield Rank, so that the rewards are more appropriate to one's place in the game economy.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some small increase to the stuff you get in VIP is probably possible, but if it's a small increase (say 25% like above), I don't really see why it's that necessary.  I probably wouldn't even notice something like that.

To be fair, how many people notice the price of bread? Or milk? Or other groceries that tend towards the typical essentials for every family?

But when you get to the register and you see the price of your cart, you tend to think about how you used to get the same exact amount of stuff for $20 cheaper. The best way to up the price of something, or de-value something, is a little teeny bit over a long period of time, for exactly the reason you just stated... no one notices.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    d. Reset the prologue as part of the renewal bonus. It's not much, but it would be unique.
    I think this is an interesting idea.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Ok, I tried copying multiple quotes, but my HTML ability is tenacious at best.  My comments stem a lot from a combination of @BoyWonder1914 's comments about the three tiers of 4 Star Players and @purplemur 's comments about different packages.

First, I'm going to say I was a fan of the 50/50 split that BoyWonder was talking about.  I hit the transitional stage at about the point that vaulting started, It gave me a huge advantage and thanks to vaulting I champed Carol, Grocket, Gamora, Medusa, Blade, Coulson and five or six of the others from that era.  It gave my transition a huge jumpstart.  With that being said, It seemed like TeenJean, Rulk and Iceman would be the sacrifice.  Then the 50/50 split was a nice compromise for me at that point cause I had transitioned to an  Intermediate 4 Star roster.  I had a nice stable of 4 Stars and had the luxury of working on the ones that had been left behind earlier.  The changes to vaulting really worked out perfectly for where I was in my roster progression.

With that being said, how cool would it be if I could switch back and forth between 'vaulting' and 'dilution' strategies at my discretion.

Another point, early on when reading through this thread, I thought to myself, shoot, if they offered double iso, I'd keep my VIP forever, but then realized later on in my reading that there may be a time in the future that I've got an iso surplus but am playing PvP competitively and suddenly the health packs that I could care less about right now, becomes the new gold.  My needs are going to change in the future as they have in the past.  There was a time when I was buying standard tokens with iso cause I had so much extra to burn.  

So many of the most vehement debates on the forums boil down to something good for one group of players being horrible for a different group.  Vaulting vs Dilution, Win versus points PvP . . . I think to really take the next step, more choices is the way to go.  Institute a new settings menu where you can choose your 4 star token style (Vaulting vs Dilusion), I like the hybrid PvP system, but that could have been a choice as well.  Same with the VIP, I love Purplemur's suggestion of having multiple packages to choose from.  

In a game that is so controlled by RNG, I think the more choices that we are given  increases our sense of control and thus our enjoyment of the experience.  I think if you tailor multiple packages for specific groups of players you'll get so much more traction than trying a one shoe fits all approach.

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Realistically  I would like to see VIP users get 5 health packs per day regardless of the amount stockpiled. So what if I have 57 packs. The pvp game is more fun when you aren't worried about depleting your stocks. 

Not realistically, I would like to see a VIP only weekly event similar to deadpool daily.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor

I'm not expecting VIP to give me All The Things, but I do think VIP rewards can be reasonably improved to some degree. You may not notice a difference in rewards, and the people who already have VIP will probably continue to pay for VIP. But it may convince more people like me to spend that $10 every month. 

I also think it may be cool to add a Super VIP that is a bit more expensive and is more catered towards vets and higher tier player (more resources for acquiring 5*s maybe?), but I don't know how the economics of that would work out. 
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    As someone who is a "VIP", I would love more ISO just as everyone has stated. And since it seems that Supports are the new "it" thing why not add 1 3* and one 1* support token to the list and take out one HP and One Heroic token. By adding just those two things it may change the way some of the vets feel about supports, especially when the main complaint is nobody can get supports to even play with and decide whether we like them or not. Just my 2cents
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    I guess my point was, it's $10.  I would think that for most people, $10 is not that big a deal.  If you don't have $10, or you're morally opposed to spending money on video games, that's cool, don't buy VIP.  If you're holding out for a better deal while you agonize over whether or not to drop the $10...maybe just don't? 

VIP is already they best deal they offer.  If you don't think it's worth $10, that's fine, but you must feel really slapped-in-the-face by everything else they sell.

Why would anyone fight about getting MORE for the same money? Do you demand to pay for free toppings on pizza? Why. Why? I just dont get it.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the point is whether it makes business sense to increase the worth/value of VIP but not increasing the price of VIP. 

For players who are very tight on 10 bucks VIP package, chances are they have a pretty high or unrealistic expectation on what they expect to see in the deal. It ends up with them not buying anything if the devs add in more stuff that do not meet their expectations.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,102 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the point is whether it makes business sense to increase the worth/value of VIP but not increasing the price of VIP. 

For players who are very tight on 10 bucks VIP package, chances are they have a pretty high or unrealistic expectation on what they expect to see in the deal. It ends up with them not buying anything if the devs add in more stuff that do not meet their expectations.
    I think one of the problems is that you can effectively already get a VIP-lite version by spending a couple of bucks (£1.49 in the UK versus £7.99 for VIP) - you don't get any LT's but you do get a smattering of HP, CP and a very nice chunk of Iso. So anybody already doing that is probably eyeing this up as needing a big increase to jusify their quadripling their monthly outlay. I have had VIP since the beginning, missing only a couple of months here and there. In the 3* stage, it was very useful but I can honestly say the few times I didn't renew for whatever reason and went the cheaper route I didn't really feel I was missing out that much. In fact the only thing I kind'a missed was the daily prize - I suspect that is purely just a quirk of pysche though.

I like to support the game where I can and for the equivalent for £0.29 per day it is hardly a massive luxury but when you have other bills it can add up over the year. So I can understand why others may have doubts.

• JDFiend
    JDFiend Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    DAZ0273 said:

I think one of the problems is that you can effectively already get a VIP-lite version by spending a couple of bucks (£1.49 in the UK versus £7.99 for VIP) - you don't get any LT's but you do get a smattering of HP, CP and a very nice chunk of Iso.

I don't think that is the only problem with the price. Monthly subscriptions for MMORPG's like Final Fantasy and Elderscrolls cost the £8.99 and I can't help to compare the two - as VIP is similar to a monthly subscription.

In terms of worth between the two the one gives you access to an indepth open world, that is constantly being expanded with new content and special events in a game that you could play for a week straight with enough caffeine - the other gives you two tokens that to draw 1/13th of character you might not even use if you are five land and barely enough iso to level a single two star in a game that runs out of content due to shields and optimal play patterns in a hour. 

In game it is a great deal compared to most offers. Across game not so much. The other two get my money everytime as MPQ doesn't offer the same value content wise especially end game. 
  • DAZ0273
    JDFiend said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I think one of the problems is that you can effectively already get a VIP-lite version by spending a couple of bucks (£1.49 in the UK versus £7.99 for VIP) - you don't get any LT's but you do get a smattering of HP, CP and a very nice chunk of Iso.

I don't think that is the only problem with the price. Monthly subscriptions for MMORPG's like Final Fantasy and Elderscrolls cost the £8.99 and I can't help to compare the two - as VIP is similar to a monthly subscription.

In terms of worth between the two the one gives you access to an indepth open world, that is constantly being expanded with new content and special events in a game that you could play for a week straight with enough caffeine - the other gives you two tokens that to draw 1/13th of character you might not even use if you are five land and barely enough iso to level a single two star in a game that runs out of content due to shields and optimal play patterns in a hour. 

In game it is a great deal compared to most offers. Across game not so much. The other two get my money everytime as MPQ doesn't offer the same value content wise especially end game. 
    Well you have to take into consideration the limitations of "phone games" being able to provide that level of content and also add in the Fremium upscale typically applicable to sucvh games so I was pretty much containing it to MPQ but sure, it is another thing players undoubtably consider when they are deciding where to spend their dosh.
  • JDFiend
    JDFiend Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    DAZ0273 said:
    JDFiend said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Well you have to take into consideration the limitations of "phone games" being able to provide that level of content and also add in the Fremium upscale typically applicable to sucvh games so I was pretty much containing it to MPQ but sure, it is another thing players undoubtably consider when they are deciding where to spend their dosh.
    Yeah, totally agree with the limitation thing and with the initial buying of the MMO game too it might be a totally unfair comparison. But I do compare them.

Just as I compare their £20.00 deals to games on Steam/PS4. Do I buy three covers and a tiny amount of iso or 120+ hour Jrpg? Because they are a mobile game doesn't stop them competing with the rest of the gaming industry. 

The limitations of mobile should be reflected in the price and the amount of rewards you're buying for them to remain competitive. As it is a limitation in the product. A pound less for a package that will make no difference to me in game isn't that. There are better games offer me greater experiences for a longer amount time for the same amount of money. Something is broken there. 
  • WebTangler
    WebTangler Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    A boost to the already-accelerated healing rate.  It's a little painful to look at Nata5ha after a round and spot 'Time to finish applying bandages:  sixteen hours.'  If I could stretch out my health pack supply because my roster was doing their best collective Deadpool imitation, that would tempt me.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Please don't use flamethrower on me: Support token.
    Would make sense to allow people to get some, riso will also flow from duplicate. Would make support perhaps relevant.

I never was VIP, I don't value enough the content of the pack to subscribe. It would need more LT, more CP, more HP and more Iso. Perhaps a roaster slot. And perhaps something unique, a one time object (support like an infinity stone, a limited character cover, or something brand new). It would make me buy it, but it's probably not in the best interest of the game.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    For 9.99 VIP Should offer more. But seeing how tight resources are in MPQ what you get for the 9.99 price isn't bad if you dont mind spending. However in comparsion to other games its more than some mmo subs and only like a buck or 2 less than others.

For a mobile game...

The tricky part is making it seem worth it without making it seem mandatory.

Double iso for vip is a good look or at least double iso days. Maybe once a week?

• DAZ0273
    Coubii said:
    Please don't use flamethrower on me: Support token.
    Would make sense to allow people to get some, riso will also flow from duplicate. Would make support perhaps relevant.

I never was VIP, I don't value enough the content of the pack to subscribe. It would need more LT, more CP, more HP and more Iso. Perhaps a roaster slot. And perhaps something unique, a one time object (support like an infinity stone, a limited character cover, or something brand new). It would make me buy it, but it's probably not in the best interest of the game.
    I don't think you can have anything in VIP that amounts to "pay to win" without huge division.

However you could maybe have it unlocks something like an Infinity Stone or similar for say a week for the player to use. That provides the player with a potentially useful in game boost but it is only for a limited period.

I dunno, maybe even that would be too much if it allowed a VIP player to gain any significant advantage over others, even if only for a PvP or 2 - I'm not competing at the top myself so others probably have a more top down view of what effects it might have.