What rewards do you want added to VIP?

justsing
justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
I currently spend a little bit of money every month for the bonus rewards, but I wouldn’t mind spending a bit more for VIP if it had better rewards. It’s probably not a priority for the devs at the moment, but it would be nice to see VIP revamped. What rewards would make VIP a must-buy for you guys?

One feature I’d like to see is a reduced Latest 5* swap ratio of at least 2:1 (ideally 1:1) for VIP.

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like the ability to catch up with daily rewards.  Two daily rewards per day until parity is reached.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    It needs more CP for sure. I think you get like, 3 for the whole month currently? I forget as I stopped re-upping a while back.

Some sort of global ISO bonus seems appropriate as well. Constant double ISO would be overkill, but a global 10% increase or something wouldn't be too crazy.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    VIP needs to include a lot more stuff if they want me to buy it.  $10 a month is way too much for what you get now.

I'd buy it if they added:

25 more CP
    Permanent double ISO
    Reduced cover swap price
    100 5* covers of your choice
    3 real gold bars, delivered to your house by a fighter jet
    A feeling of satisfaction with the universe in general
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,102 Chairperson of the Boards
    VIP needs to include a lot more stuff if they want me to buy it.  $10 a month is way too much for what you get now.

I'd buy it if they added:

25 more CP
    Permanent double ISO
    Reduced cover swap price
    100 5* covers of your choice
    3 real gold bars, delivered to your house by a fighter jet
    A feeling of satisfaction with the universe in general
    A fighter jet, really? Be realistic. It should be a helicopter.
  • entrailbucket
    For the exorbitant price of $10/month it should be a fighter jet piloted by Top Gun-era Tom Cruise.  Otherwise it's just not a good enough value.
  • DAZ0273
    What if the helicopter was Airwolf?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    We were talking about the gold bar delivery, but we've only got an ultralight available right now which fails weight requirements with the bars onboarded. Guess we'll have to scrap the whole thing.

Edit: In more serious words though, good thread so far with good concepts. Didn't post in it, but the DDQ rework thread is another one that's gotten some good conversation going on around here.
    Get some conversations going about Lightning Rounds while you're at it, please.
    I think after 4 years they might be ready for some more rotation.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be nice if you had choices. 
    Option 1: What we have now (default)
    Option 2: Double ISO | 0 HP
    Option 3: Double HP | 0 ISO

This would allow for more usefulness as people go post ISO or those in early game that need way more HP. 

It it would also be nice if the LT from keeping VIP going stacked a couple times (up to 3?) to make it harder for people to quit it once they start. 
  • entrailbucket
    I guess my point was, it's $10.  I would think that for most people, $10 is not that big a deal.  If you don't have $10, or you're morally opposed to spending money on video games, that's cool, don't buy VIP.  If you're holding out for a better deal while you agonize over whether or not to drop the $10...maybe just don't? 

VIP is already they best deal they offer.  If you don't think it's worth $10, that's fine, but you must feel really slapped-in-the-face by everything else they sell.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    IceIX said:
    We were talking about the gold bar delivery, but we've only got an ultralight available right now which fails weight requirements with the bars onboarded. Guess we'll have to scrap the whole thing.

Edit: In more serious words though, good thread so far with good concepts. Didn't post in it, but the DDQ rework thread is another one that's gotten some good conversation going on around here.
    You've mentioned before that you have colleagues who play the game at the 3-star and 4-star levels. I'm curious to hear their thoughts on progressing in the 4-star tier now that you've "updated" 4-star pack odds. 

To answer the OP, I'd like to see the 500 Iso rewards replaced with something else. They feel pretty redundant when there's days before and after these rewards that give 1000. In terms of what to replace it with, I'm not quite sure. Most people wouldn't care for Red Iso, and an LT on those days instead is probably considered too much by the devs. However, we already have days that give out HP and CP so replacing it with one of those would just recreate the redundancy problem. Too bad there aren't any token variations that give either a 3 or 4-star. I would have said more heroics, but on the chance you earn a 2-star that needs to be sold, the 500 Iso option would have technically netted you more there. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, I'm sure someone's going to have a laugh about it, but I would think some level of support token and amount of RISO should be rotated in. I think it currently gives 6 Heroics, so maybe you take out 5, make the 1 a 10-pk, and use the other 5 days.

Could even just create a VIP store and give tokens to that, with the offering being something better than what heroics offer now.

• ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Double the number of boosted characters per week ;)
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    IceIX said:

Get some conversations going about Lightning Rounds while you're at it, please.
    I think after 4 years they might be ready for some more rotation.

Yes, just some small changes to these two things would go a long way to giving the game a fresh feel.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Personally, they could double the ISO, and it wouldn't really be unreasonable at double the values. I'd add in some Support ISO throughout the month.

And it's probably too much, but would a guaranteed 5*, rather than an LT for the bonus you get for signing up, be too much to ask for? Especially as it seems to be a new 5* every month recently anyway...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Doc L said:
    And it's probably too much, but would a guaranteed 5*, rather than an LT for the bonus you get for signing up, be too much to ask for? Especially as it seems to be a new 5* every month recently anyway...
    Interesting idea.  What if it triggered a 5* BH?  That way you could crontrol (other than color) which one you get. 
  • DAZ0273
    I think the amount of CP could get looked at. You get 2 per day just from Behemoth Burrito, so for a paid for premium like VIP you should get a bit more. And maybe throw in a reduced cooldown for team-ups? With more boss events, Alliances like mine who carry a mixture of player levels are swamped by TU requests so a little perk like this would actually be quite useful in helping others.
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    I think the challenge is you don't want to create such a disparity between those who buy VIP and those who don't, so you're not creating a game where VIP is such a huge advantage that any serious player has to have it, but also add enough to be worth buying.

Double ISO is a huge advantage for a player, you could quickly outpace any free to pay player, in my opinion, but it also creates a clear incentive to play more, which makes the publisher happy.

I'd be happy with more covers, LTs or CP.  The speed at which a roster can grow is more limited by ISO and HP than from covers, so giving out more covers, CP and LTs doesn't really rocket a player forward that much unless it's a really unbalanced character like Gambit (RIP, my workhorse).  Giving out more covers at least partly applies pressure to add more roster slots, collect HP, and is a small step towards countering the dilution created by having so many 3's and 4's and eliminating vaulting.

The devs have shown a willingness to be more generous with covers, especially at the 4* tier.  Ghost was just released but a player in a decent alliance could easily have 6 or more covers already if they did the PvP and PvE events.  And by adding 5*s to champion rewards they've also signaled a willingness to make those a little more available, too.

All that to say, I think the VIP rewards should be a little more generous for the cost, especially if the expectation is that players will buy it every month.  I think the streak bonuses should be higher, I think it should give out more CP, more LTs, and/or maybe some 3 or 4 star covers.  I don't think giving out more covers would dangerously change the economy of the game, I think ISO and HP are still the factors working against rapid growth, so I think there's room to be more dynamic regarding covers.   

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    When VIP was first introduced I suggested it needed to include things that weren't otherwise available in the game (Eg. covers never expire) because with Intercepts (or whatever intercepts are called now) there is not really any difference between VIP and Intercepts (they both given a token amount of more resources).

For me to buy VIP it needs to be something not available in the game.

1) As the original poster mentioned, 1-1 swaps on 5*.
    2) Covers never expire (assuming <10000 limit) as long as you remain VIP (if you stop the countdown begins).
    3) Daily Resupply - Standard Tokens become Heroic. Heroic become Legendary (10 packs remain 10 packs of Heroic). Any ISO/Boosts/Heals doubled.
    4) Max number of free Heals increased from 5 to 10.
    5) ISO multiplier (say 10 or 20% on all ISO earned in PvE/PvP but not from selling covers).
    6) Access to a Gauntlet PvE which runs concurrently with all regular PvE's and lasts a 'season'.

#1 alone would generate a lot of 1 month buys when a non-spender type busts a horde and needs swaps.

KGB