What rewards do you want added to VIP?

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just say "I do not want to spend any money on this game ever."  It's ok.  No one will think less of you.  Saying "I'm not spending $10 unless it includes this huge list of impossible things" is disingenuous.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    justsing said:
    What rewards would make VIP a must-buy for you guys?
    No skip tax.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Borstock said:
    Yeah, I'm sure someone's going to have a laugh about it, but I would think some level of support token and amount of RISO should be rotated in. I think it currently gives 6 Heroics, so maybe you take out 5, make the 1 a 10-pk, and use the other 5 days.

Could even just create a VIP store and give tokens to that, with the offering being something better than what heroics offer now.

I love the supports token idea *ducks flying shoes*, but I think I'd rather they take out the iso rewards, or at least the 500 iso rewards. And that's speaking as someone who's around 75% of the way into 4* land, so I'm chronically iso-starved. The iso rewards just feel kinda meh, one step above just plain insulting.

Speaking of insulting, that's exactly how getting a 2* out of a VIP heroic token feels. I would be totally on board with a VIP store, as long as it had only 3* and up covers in it. The covers could rotate along with all of the boosted characters so VIPs have a shot at getting that character they might need to compete in an event.

I'm not quite greedy enough to demand a 5* in it, but if you're just going to leave one lying there....
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I already subscribe to VIP, but things that I would love to see (or might entice me to spend more per month):

Constant double ISO
    More CP or LTs
    Eliminate or reduce skip tax
    Reduced cover swap cost (I.e. 2 covers at 5* tier, etc.)

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2018
    -If they had different versions of VIP: Newbs need HP, Vets play PvP, Transitioners need iso, and of course: supports
    1)extra healing(50% faster recovery time): replace 500 iso dailies with healthpacks, Could you award shields? 
    2)extra iso(double rate):  Double iso within bundle, replace most of tokens with iso
    3)extra riso(5x rate{at least}): replace 500 dailies with 3x Beginner support, 1x Advanced, replace LL with Master SupportToken - Just wait until they go live in PvP and become chase
    4)extra HP(double rate): replace 500 dailies with 100 hp, double the rest within bundle. replace the 1500 iso with 1kHP
    You could buy all four if you wanted: Free Willy!
    -I agree with increased bonusrates.
    -x#(streaklevel) Cover swaps per month. or  expiration dates are frozen as a VIP; further encouraging keeping your streak alive
    -Variant covers. If your VIP during that month : you can keep the variants released that month. I might buy for October just for the Monster Mayhem
    - increase the PvE refresh rate. 25% would give you 6 hours head start! Which would further separate obliterate the parity for competitive placement; just shatter any pretense of FTP. If you want people to buy though....
    -If I could buy a years worth for 99$

• Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    VIP should include a cover swap feature.  Not where you have to message CS to get a swap but in game so you could swap covers on your unchamped characters just like you can on a champed character.  

Just that one change would sell a whole lot more VIP subscriptions.
  • Asmodaeus
    Asmodaeus Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Some great ideas on this thread personally and considering the SCL packages and what you get for them, I think updating the VIP payouts are overdue. Personally I 'd love to see:
    More iso. The 500 has always felt really lame, even when I was in the 2-3* tier.

More cp and an extra LT or 2. With dilution in full force I don't think it's crazy to give these resources a bump to help.

I also really love the idea of better saved cover swap rates, think that alone would bring more ppl into paying for VIP.

And lastly (gold or better) support tokens and decent chunks of Red Iso (500 or better per). I personally like supports but think their super over inflated rarity and difficulty in obtaining and progressing them is silly and should come to an end
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Legendary support token.
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    There are tones of "great" sugestions but you don't take one thing into account: vip is alredy good value for your money compared to other oprions and if you add more juicy stuff to it ppl will start to feel in huge disadvantage while NOT buying it and in thier eyes game will become p2w and most likely force them to quit. It's really hard to balance that stuff and while something looks perfectly fine from your point of view, you really need a perspective to actually decide if it's a good idea or not. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

The two LTs alone are insane value for money.
    You get the equivalent of 56 CP plus some trash (ISO, tokens, HP) for 10 bucks.
    A full buyclub will give you 140 CP for 100 bucks.

That's 5.6 CP vs. 1.4 CP.

Perspective, people.

That said, some of the trash could be replaced by other trash, say some red ISO instead of normal ISO, a beginner support token instead of a heroic.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Bulls said:
    There are tones of "great" sugestions but you don't take one thing into account: vip is alredy good value for your money compared to other oprions and if you add more juicy stuff to it ppl will start to feel in huge disadvantage while NOT buying it and in thier eyes game will become p2w and most likely force them to quit. It's really hard to balance that stuff and while something looks perfectly fine from your point of view, you really need a perspective to actually decide if it's a good idea or not. 
    No one is failing to take that into account. A suggestion to add rewards to something doesn't mean that.

The VIP service began on June 20th, 2016. Want to take a guess at how many 4* and 5* characters have been released since then? I'm guessing somewhere around 50 combined (couldn't find an up-to-date list by date). By definition, the value of ISO, HPs, CPs, and LTs has gone down by a lot in 2 years, but the price of the service and the rewards offered has largely stayed the same. The longer that stays true, the worse the offer actually gets because of in-game inflation. 
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Just more ISO honestly.  1000/1500/2000.
  • Bulls
    Borstock said:
    Bulls said:
    No one is failing to take that into account. A suggestion to add rewards to something doesn't mean that.

The VIP service began on June 20th, 2016. Want to take a guess at how many 4* and 5* characters have been released since then? I'm guessing somewhere around 50 combined (couldn't find an up-to-date list by date). By definition, the value of ISO, HPs, CPs, and LTs has gone down by a lot in 2 years, but the price of the service and the rewards offered has largely stayed the same. The longer that stays true, the worse the offer actually gets because of in-game inflation. 
    It's still same amount required to champ 4 or 5*, price of tokens from vaults or slots is same as well, odds od pulling 5* from lt and cp price for it didnt change as well. So the only change is the amount of those currencies that you can get via playing and I doubt it went up by more than lets say 25%.
  • Borstock
    edited July 2018
    Bulls said:
    Borstock said:
    Bulls said:

It's still same amount required to champ 4 or 5*, price of tokens from vaults or slots is same as well, odds od pulling 5* from lt and cp price for it didnt change as well. So the only change is the amount of those currencies that you can get via playing and I doubt it went up by more than lets say 25%.
    It's still the same amount required to champ a character, but you need more ISO overall. You also need more tokens overall to champ everyone on your roster, and you need more HP to buy more roster slots.

But I don't think anyone here, aside from a few jokers, is suggesting they boost the rewards by a wide margin. But my current VIP daily rewards structure looks like this:

10,000 ISO
    6 Heroics
    700 HP
    9 CP
    2 LT

Your 25% boost turns that into an extra 2500 ISO, 1 Heroic, 175 HP, 2 CP per month (and we won't split the baby with the LT).  Compare that to my recommendation of:

1 Heroic 10-pk instead of 6 individual tokens = +4 Heroics
    ~1000 RISO
    ~2 Beginner support tokens

And most people would probably say they'd rather have the more HP, CP, and ISO you're talking about, since a lot of people don't like/value supports.
  • Bulls
    Borstock said:
    Bulls said:
    Borstock said:
    Bulls said:

It's still the same amount required to champ a character, but you need more ISO overall. You also need more tokens overall to champ everyone on your roster, and you need more HP to buy more roster slots.

But I don't think anyone here, aside from a few jokers, is suggesting they boost the rewards by a wide margin. But my current VIP daily rewards structure looks like this:

10,000 ISO
    6 Heroics
    700 HP
    9 CP
    2 LT

Your 25% boost turns that into an extra 2500 ISO, 1 Heroic, 175 HP, 2 CP per month (and we won't split the baby with the LT).  Compare that to my recommendation of:

~1000 RISO

And most people would probably say they'd rather have the more HP, CP, and ISO you're talking about, since a lot of people don't like/value supports.
    I agree that your proposition sounds resonable and I think that there could be some changes that might be useful but also didn't feel like a real requirement - like removing expiration time on covers or increasing limit of autoregrnerating healthpacks. Increasing cap for stored boosts might also be interesting for some ppl while to others it would be useless. But still it's not a simple decision.
  • Borstock
    edited July 2018
    Bulls said:
    Borstock said:
    Bulls said:
    Borstock said:
    Bulls said:

10,000 ISO
    6 Heroics
    700 HP
    9 CP
    2 LT

~1000 RISO

I agree that your proposition sounds resonable and I think that there could be some changes that might be useful but also didn't feel like a real requirement - like removing expiration time on covers or increasing limit of autoregrnerating healthpacks. Increasing cap for stored boosts might also be interesting for some ppl while to others it would be useless. But still it's not a simple decision.
    I don't concur that "removing expiration time on covers" feels like a requirement. To me, it feels like a built-in mechanic of this game that is there for a specific reason. I'm arguing my changes should feel "required" in order to keep the value of the VIP service comparable to the value it had when it was released. And I only suggest this because people are spending real-world money on it, which I think is different than say goosing the PvE rewards. That's something you earn without spending any money, so I'm fine with those staying as is.

And I'm basically fine if they choose not to add to the VIP, since I can also choose not to re-up. These are all just thoughts in the sky.
  • Bulls
    And neither Ive said ir feels like it, in fact Ive meant that's one of things that would feel nice to have (especially for new ppl) but nowhere near beeing required to play.