S.H.I.E.L.D (Daily Rewards)

Comments

• moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2018
    Can we all agree that if you're over 1000+ days, you probably shouldn't be getting boosts?
    I feel like that's actually a lot less clear cut.  Boosts have a value for all levels of rosters because they provide percentage increases to damage and AP, both of which are universally useful.  My understanding is that some higher roster players can use them on a particularly challenging 5star essential node in PvE or to speed up a shield hop in PvP, so they do seem to have use.  I personally don't use them a lot, but I think there are plenty who do.  Maybe I'm wrong...
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Can we all agree that if you're over 1000+ days, you probably shouldn't be getting boosts?
    The boost that are rare or cost HP sure that's fine, but if it cost iso...like nah man.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    They could add a dozen blanks in the random slots and replace the lower rewards with higher ones. So when it does actually end up something they feel more value in it. People don't value things given away for free and this would increase their satisfaction while actually decreasing how much is given out. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Standard Token seems to be the least useful for vets, so changing it to Elite Tokens would be slightly better. They could replace it with Beginner Support tokens as well.  They could do a rotation among Elite, Heroic, Latest and Classic tokens. For every 10 Standard Tokens, Elite would replace 6 of them, Heroic 2, Latest and Classic 1 each.

As for Iso-8, what's an appropriate minimum after X days of login? 500? 750? 
  • Century
    Century Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    To me it seems like not every daily login reward has to be "useful" to everyone... sometimes that standard token or 250 iso could just be one login closer to the next really good, valuable reward. But maybe the charm or novelty of that wears off after 1000+ days. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't care about ISO after 1702 days played, but I seriously don't understand why red ISO isn't in the rewards.
    Should have been rolled out and retroactively given out when supports where forced upon us, so we can actually level the things.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    I admit I’m surprised given the seemingly endless spamming of supports that they haven’t been added to daily rewards.  That should probably speak to the level of care that is put into the daily rewards.

And to echo, just hit day 1400 and got a random reaward of 250 iso.  Woo.
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,318 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    The cynic in me thinks that in any game Daily Rewards are intended as a way to get new players to keep coming back and drive addictive behaviour. The fact is that, on Day 1698, I would still play even if I got nothing for it.

Sure I'd like more free stuff - who wouldn't?! - but there is something nice about the countdown to an LT that I would somehow miss if every day was a 5*.

I still need ISO because I'm a completionist so 250 for free isn't a problem. Some days being a VIP only gives you 500. STs aren't great but when you get a 3* and a BH for champ levels it's a great feeling. 

Like those people who want a button to press to auto-complete DPDs, you're missing the point of (or simply not enjoying) any "game" if all you want to do is get things to make playing it end quicker.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that if they update the prizes, anything added in a "random reward" day as a fix reward should be grandfathered for those who've gone past it.

I'm okay if they swap a 3* cover for a 4* cover or even a 4* for a 5* and not getting it, because I got the fixed reward for that day and made use of it and moved on.

But if you change the "Have a random standard token" for a 3*, 4*, 5* cover or a chunk of ISO or a 10-pack...then I think we should get that. Because no-one truely benefitted from 250ISO or 50HP or whatever little reward we got there.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    With RISO being a currency now it's a pretty good time to look into updating daily rewards. 
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    That said, when these are updated, please make sure long-time players are retroactively awarded with what they've already passed.
    I think this is one of the main reasons they have been slow to make changes.  Assuming they don't track what each person's random rewards are, how can they provide back compensation for random rewards not knowing what you would have received under an updated structure?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    That said, when these are updated, please make sure long-time players are retroactively awarded with what they've already passed.
    I think this is one of the main reasons they have been slow to make changes.  Assuming they don't track what each person's random rewards are, how can they provide back compensation for random rewards not knowing what you would have received under an updated structure?
    Well, after enough days, "on average" would surely be reasonably close.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    I feel the people saying it's like a slap in the face have never actually been slapped in the face.

The problem is that the rewards are daily. At 1700 days, if they scaled up, what would you expect? You want daily 5* covers?

You DO get the random 5*. You DO get the random 4*. Yes, sometimes it's going to be a standard token, but how much higher can they really go before it starts getting absurd? If you play for another year, are they supposed to start handing out daily 1k HPs? At a certain point in time, logging in would be more valuable than competing in an actual event.
    Someday do a forum search here for "slap in the face" and see how many hits you get.  For whatever reason, MPQ players are constantly getting slapped in the face, by pretty much everything the devs do.  I actually don't doubt that they are familiar with being slapped, and that they really feel like they are being slapped by MPQ constantly.

Personally, if I was getting slapped around by a game that much, I'd find a different game.  But the MPQ playerbase really just seems to enjoy being miserable and complaining about everything.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    I admit I’m surprised given the seemingly endless spamming of supports that they haven’t been added to daily rewards.  That should probably speak to the level of care that is put into the daily rewards.
    Yeah that would be really funny.  They add a bunch into the current 1700 or whatever day.  They die out within 100 days, in 2 years when I catch up to that I could have a good laugh...
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    +1 to adding Riso to daily rewards.

+1 to deleting standard tokens and upgrading to elites interspersed with more heroics

+1 to increasing 5* covers.  Every 90 is not often enough, especially since the release schedule for new 5*s is about every 6 weeks.  No way to even catch up, let alone see a second cover.

For naysayers, consider this:  Even at once a month, a single champ level to a character it is applied to, that would only result in a cascade bonus of some iso (which some now consider irrelevant), HP (which is nice, but again, earnable without it), CP (probably the best reward other than an actual LT).  But even the LT and CP awards will only yield a 4* in most cases.  That's really not that big of a rewards creep.

And lastly, even at one 5* a month, at 20 5*s, that's still a minimum of over a year and a half of additional daily gameplay before restarting the rewards cycle (not even including new 5 releases.)  

In a game where feelings of unfairness come into play, adding that extra 5* once a month is a huge QOL upgrade.

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018

Someday do a forum search here for "slap in the face" and see how many hits you get.  For whatever reason, MPQ players are constantly getting slapped in the face, by pretty much everything the devs do.  I actually don't doubt that they are familiar with being slapped, and that they really feel like they are being slapped by MPQ constantly.

Personally, if I was getting slapped around by a game that much, I'd find a different game.  But the MPQ playerbase really just seems to enjoy being miserable and complaining about everything.
    I actually used to do this and post the results.  Every time a change was made people would complain about getting slapped in the face.  Sometimes it was from a nerf, but more often it was from a QoL change that was not applied retroactively and people got upset about it.  

Back in April of 2015 there were 250 slaps on record.  As of October of 2015 there were 345.  Today there are 356.  That seems low, I'm guessing the forum change or some cleanup activities got rid of some slaps.  

Looking back and seeing my posts from 2015 makes me feel like I need to quit playing this game.
  • entrailbucket

I actually used to do this and post the results.  Every time a change was made people would complain about getting slapped in the face.  Sometimes it was from a nerf, but more often it was from a QoL change that was not applied retroactively and people got upset about it.  

Back in April of 2015 there were 250 slaps on record.  As of October of 2015 there were 345.  Today there are 356.  That seems low, I'm guessing the forum change or some cleanup activities got rid of some slaps.  

Looking back and seeing my posts from 2015 makes me feel like I need to quit playing this game.
    This is fantastic and you are a hero. 

Mods, can we get an official Face-Slap Counter on the front page of the forum somehow?  Or maybe do an "It's been X days since the last MPQ player was slapped in the face?"
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Image result for simpsons i challenge you to a duel

Homer: "Sir, you have offended me.  I demand satisfaction.  I challenge you to a duel!!!"
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    Borstock said:
    I feel the people saying it's like a slap in the face have never actually been slapped in the face.

The problem is that the rewards are daily. At 1700 days, if they scaled up, what would you expect? You want daily 5* covers?

You DO get the random 5*. You DO get the random 4*. Yes, sometimes it's going to be a standard token, but how much higher can they really go before it starts getting absurd? If you play for another year, are they supposed to start handing out daily 1k HPs? At a certain point in time, logging in would be more valuable than competing in an actual event.

If not for the advent of the 5-star Essential Node, I'd be inclined to agree with you. Sure the hyperbole of "slap in the face" has gotten pretty excessive around here lately, but people have a right to feel slighted when the game demands more from their roster, yet they don't provide a viable way to obtain these resources that doesn't require spending quite a bit of money. Before the essential node, 5-stars were basically a luxury for those who had put the time into hoarding the necessary resources (or money), and had advanced their roster to the point where the lower tiers of it were sustainable without a constant need for attention. It was a level that we could all shoot for as the end game, but we didn't necessarily feel rushed or pressured into HAVING to get there. Now when a new 5-star character comes out, you've got basically no more than 2 weeks to get that character before they will be required in PVE. 2 weeks isn't enough time to earn 500 CP for the HFH Deal for most folks, so you better hope you can hoard what you can and get lucky with Latest Pulls. All the while, one of these Latest guys is getting shuffled into a diluted Classics pool, which are ALSO required from time to time. And somehow, between all of this foolishness, you're supposed to get 13 covers and champ these guys. 

"But you don't HAVE to champ/fully cover them" - Tell that to anyone who wants to play in CL 9 and eventually 10, and/or may have already tried it without the character covered. The carrot is out there dangling in plain sight - a completely new level of the game with better rewards, stronger characters, and the ability to place better in competitive events. 

"You don't have to play CL9"  - Well when the game blocks you off from anything lower than 7, offers 4-stars in placement as low as T50, and there's still an entirely new tier coming still, it's hard to stay content in 7 and 8 forever. People want to feel like their roster is actually progressing, and you won't feel that way when you know playing the game at it's highest level is still so far out of reach. 

"You don't need to touch the 5-star node to still make progression"  - Some people actually care about their rank, and would like to advance their 4-star roster at a much quicker rate than the 1-2 covers you get from progression PVE weekly, or 1-3 covers you get from weekly PVP progression, IF your roster can even make it that far. Add now the return of full dilution, and people care A LOT more about making T10 in these events than they used to. Especially for getting the newer released folks like Panther, Shuri, and Jubilee. The next time Widow, Spid4y, or Wiccan get offered as placement rewards, those events are going to be mega competitive. Good luck coming even remotely close to that if you don't have the necessary five, or can't get at least 6 clears on the node. 
  • entrailbucket
    "Pay-to-Win Mobile Game Suggests that You Pay if You Want to Win" isn't really a bombshell headline, though.  I don't get why people are shocked or offended (or slapped!) when this becomes evident in MPQ.

Staying at the very top of the competitive MPQ meta either requires a ton of play or a ton of money or both, and it's always been that way.  There are p2w mobile games where this isn't as much of a requirement, and there are plenty of games of all kinds that don't involve any paying at all besides some cash up front.