Options

Comments

• Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am very pleased with these changes.

Non-dupesnin Elite+ Mythic packs. Yes!

Changing objectives for events. Yes!

Dominaria packs now being rewarded in TotP. Yes!

Overall. Yes!!

Thank you for listening to player feedback once again. It’s great to see this is not just a one time fluke but continues to occur with the new team on board. Kudos to you all! :)
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    Options

In any case, expect to see a lot more people have complete Mythic collections.
    And pray  tell in what way will that decrease good gameplay? The comparison with [paper magis stands: in paper you can go to a game's shop and buy that one specific card you need, noone is hampering your ability to complete a collection if you want.

This is and will always be a collectible card game.  And those -always- work on the same basis: you buy cards or packs and the more you buy the better your collection. From a gameplay stance you get more choices but you still have to build strong decks. Thinking that a f2p player should expect to end up with the same collection if just silly.
    The point is that the game should still be fun for an f2p player, and it is.

I do hope that oktagon and d3 figure out enough ways to gain revenue.
    Gameplay not so much, but if F2P players can consistently complete their collections, the question is who will spend money on this game and on what.

The difference for paper MTG, as has been pointed out in previous discussions on this matter, is that Wizards has already earned their money selling the big boxes to the distributors and players.

People who are fixated on the fact that paper allows players to trade singles secondhand refuse to see that if there are say 10,000 Deploy the Gatewatch cards in circulation, it's because Wizards printed and already sold enough boxes of MTG cards for there to be 10,000 Deploys.

What equivalent is there in MtGPQ? What do they earn when one of us opens a new Mythic? Nothing. Where is their revenue going to come from now?

For all our sakes, like you I hope that Oktagon and D3 figure out enough ways to earn revenue to keep this game running.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    Options
       This is a great release overall, and its good to see devs have listened to the feedback again.

The incomes are probably not that much of an issue ... I'm pretty sure that, if they introduce pink bundles, they might sell a lot of them, probably more than crystals bundles are being sold right now. (I'm actually wondering how often those crystal bundles were purchased by players ... They have always been too expensive).
       Besides, the new cards/walkers bundles being cheaper, players must already be more likely to invest on them than before.
       Its better for a company to sell 10 000 bundles for 30 bucks each than 3000 or even 5000 bundles for 50 bucks each ... And i think that may be the new strategy they are aiming at.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Like Bil I hope they will change their approach to microtransactions, focussing more on the micro part of it. Aside from prices being high already (40 euro for a digital card?), when it comes to resources; smaller cheaper bundles > larger expensive bundles.
  • uthread
    uthread Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Please let us control the animation speed, and please please fix the notification red dot and the coalition leaderbord, they are broken for decades.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby tell the devs thanks for listening for the secondaries (and, you know, the other stuff)!!

One thing I will caution, don't make these the only objectives going into the future.  Its ok to mix in the old objectives sometimes, or combine the 2 on occasion.  Otherwise we'll hit an Enraged scenario where a good thing turns bad because of overexposure.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think the biggest changeup would be some sort of PVP pauper event. Can you work on that @devs?
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nerdstrap said:
    James13 said:
    I'm pessimistic about the elite pack change.  Might as well make masterpieces craft-able at that point if you're going to just hand them out to the top players like that.

I like the objective experimentation.
    Comments like this don’t sit well with me. Have you ever played magic the gathering? Do you not like being able to control what you spend your money on? Do you even spend money on this game?

magic is about buying the cards you need to play the game your way. As it stands, never having the chance to loot a specific card from mtgpq is the number one downside IMO. 
    Ironically, the struggle to get cards in this game is something I've always appreciated over paper Magic the Gathering.  You can't just walk into a card store, sink $300 into buying all the best rares/mythics, jump on a forum and say "Guys, help me make an epic deck," and then rolfstomp all of your opponents.

Paper Magic the Gathering is pay to play, because you can make some decent decks with the free or low-cost cards, but you'll never be able to compete against the players to shell out the big bucks for the best cards.

Not saying I liked it exactly the way it was either.  "A considerably higher chance of a non-dupe," would have sit will with me.
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Froggy said:
    I am very pleased with these changes.

Non-dupesnin Elite+ Mythic packs. Yes!

Changing objectives for events. Yes!

Dominaria packs now being rewarded in TotP. Yes!

Overall. Yes!!

Thank you for listening to player feedback once again. It’s great to see this is not just a one time fluke but continues to occur with the new team on board. Kudos to you all! :)
    Yes! 
    This community is increasingly important. They are really listening to us. I still expect to update the daily rewards and legacy boostercraft by edition.
    Thankfull @Brigby !!!
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Options
    nerdstrap said:
    James13 said:
    I'm pessimistic about the elite pack change.  Might as well make masterpieces craft-able at that point if you're going to just hand them out to the top players like that.

Comments like this don’t sit well with me. Have you ever played magic the gathering? Do you not like being able to control what you spend your money on? Do you even spend money on this game?

magic is about buying the cards you need to play the game your way. As it stands, never having the chance to loot a specific card from mtgpq is the number one downside IMO. 
    Ironically, the struggle to get cards in this game is something I've always appreciated over paper Magic the Gathering.  You can't just walk into a card store, sink $300 into buying all the best rares/mythics, jump on a forum and say "Guys, help me make an epic deck," and then rolfstomp all of your opponents.

Paper Magic the Gathering is pay to play, because you can make some decent decks with the free or low-cost cards, but you'll never be able to compete against the players to shell out the big bucks for the best cards.

Not saying I liked it exactly the way it was either.  "A considerably higher chance of a non-dupe," would have sit will with me.
    When booster crafting first dropped this was a big concern. We'd see nothing but Hixus and Starfield and all the broken ****. But there is a still a lot of churn in the game and the number of old gods keeps dwindling. I think this will make the experience better for everyone especially newer players as they will accrete better cards without suffering as much duplication and wasted effort. However I wonder how obvious they will make the fact that the 400J pack doesn't give duplicates. It is a very important piece of information that all players need to have shoved in front of their face.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is fantastic, I love seeing all the new objectives--and on first glance, all of them seem to be achievable without relying on the opponent's deck. Putting the onus on player skill rather than luck is a strong positive.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    nerdstrap said:
    James13 said:

When booster crafting first dropped this was a big concern. We'd see nothing but Hixus and Starfield and all the broken tinykitty. But there is a still a lot of churn in the game and the number of old gods keeps dwindling. I think this will make the experience better for everyone especially newer players as they will accrete better cards without suffering as much duplication and wasted effort. However I wonder how obvious they will make the fact that the 400J pack doesn't give duplicates. It is a very important piece of information that all players need to have shoved in front of their face.
    Hmmm.  Yeah I do remember that.

Considering your points here...I think it would be okay if released at this moment, considering the mythic options available.

But I swear to tinykitty if they bring back Omniscience in m19 and make it a masterpiece, these new nondupe masterpiece rules will cast a darker shadow on this game than Ixalan did.

Wombat rants will be unleashed at the intensity of 7 suns and a random moon that decided to tag along because it wanted to hang with the cool kids.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I'm thinking they should adjust the guaranteed mythic+ a
    little. the problem players are having is that it takes time
    to accumulate 400 jewels and then if they get a dupe of
    the only mythic they have in the pack, it's a really bad
    feeling. maybe they should allow dupe masterpieces but
    not dupe mythics? this will make masterpieces technically
    not craftable. with the orbs you get from a dupe
    masterpiece you are quite some way towards crafting a
    new mythic.

HH
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    there any mention to when this update is going to happen?
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Could you please change the fee for ToTP?
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fiirst said:
    Could you please change the fee for ToTP?
    *sigh* here we go again.

Why does it need to change?  Remember, you aren't supposed to make a crystal profit.  ToTP is made as a fun way to convert crystals to jewels.  That is all.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gameplay not so much, but if F2P players can consistently complete their collections, the question is who will spend money on this game and on what.

The difference for paper MTG, as has been pointed out in previous discussions on this matter, is that Wizards has already earned their money selling the big boxes to the distributors and players.

People who are fixated on the fact that paper allows players to trade singles secondhand refuse to see that if there are say 10,000 Deploy the Gatewatch cards in circulation,its because Wizards printed and already sold enough boxes of MTG cards for there to be 10,000 Deploys.

What equivalent is there in MtGPQ? What do they earn when one of us opens a new Mythic? Nothing. Where is their revenue going to come from now?

For all our sakes, like you I hope that Oktagon and D3 figure out enough ways to earn revenue to keep this game running.
    I know that we disagree philosophically on the collectibility of the game, but this feels like a really strange statement.   If memory serves, you and Ohboy always gave credit to the developers for understanding how to drive profits and the way to do it was to restrict card access.  Yet, eventually they gave us a generous booster crafting and are now implementing dupe free elite packs.  Perhaps they realized that the pervasive fear that people would easily collect everything for free and thus, refrain from spending on the game, was more than simply rebuffed but thoroughly reversed.

Regardless, you can't think they "knew" what was best for profits when they were restricting the cards but have now lost their way and are just stumbling around blindly.

I praise these changes and think the game will be better when more players have access to most/all of the cards.

As an aside, are we really that concerned with players collecting all of the Elite cards?  I can't name a single one form the Dominaria set that I even care to own.  Living Death is nothing to Primeval's Rebirth, Hanna is interesting but not amazing.  I guess Akroma's Vengence and Conflux seem pretty cool, although not top tier.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Let's hope this change to elite packs doesn't backfire....

I personally am wary of the players who are able to purchase enough packs to craft every mythic rare card in a set now getting guaranteed masterpieces. I feel like this has the potential to really throw off power balance between players.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Options
    wereotter said:
    Let's hope this change to elite packs doesn't backfire....

I personally am wary of the players who are able to purchase enough packs to craft every mythic rare card in a set now getting guaranteed masterpieces. I feel like this has the potential to really throw off power balance between players.
    We've been down this road. There are old gods that have all the cards. They are routinely encountered and beaten. However the trouble comes if the AI gets significantly better. I would actually like to see another tier where the AI is as smart as it was before the recent nerf. That was fun for us old guard.