Wasp event. What a joke

Options
Kaazz
Kaazz Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
No way can I beat a 4 wave node that has deadpool whaling you each wave, with lvl 288 chars, when most of my 4* chars are less than that, and my 5* chars have very few powers. It's a freaking joke. Tiny kitty you, D3! Thanks for another useless event, that I just skip because it's impossible. You would think D3 would want to make it so players WANT to play. Instead, i skip events all the time because they are impossible to complete. Brilliant move, D3. 

tiny kitty it!

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They're scaled for a 5* roster for me, so my options are a lot more limited than if I was in 4* land. I managed it by bringing in Daredevil and OML to self heal. If I didn't have them, I'd never have managed to chew through 12 enemies with 30k-70k HP.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is bringing up memories of the bad old days of Roster-based scaling, but 4* land is a good place to be for this. America, C4rol, and Medusa handled it pretty easily for me. Chavez just turns into a monster in long wave nodes as long as you get an early jump on AP.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They're scaled for a 5* roster for me, so my options are a lot more limited than if I was in 4* land. I managed it by bringing in Daredevil and OML to self heal. If I didn't have them, I'd never have managed to chew through 12 enemies with 30k-70k HP.
    5* scaling for me as well and it seemed reasonably straightforward with Thor, Gambit and America. Took a bit of a pounding once or twice (although Thor can mitigate that with Smouldering Fire), but have done it three times now without losing any characters.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    It's level 458 for me...all champed 5*s at 460 give or take a few levels.  I brought in a full health thor, okoye and jessica, absent-mindedly matched my way to 30 tuap and then went huh? when every move did 50k+ dmg. Kind of funny.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are plenty of really powerful 4*s out there now that should have minimal difficulty getting through a lot of beefy opponents. Try any of the ones already suggested, or mess around with your roster a bit. Don't forget about old reliables like IM40, either. 
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I'll give the OP credit for not using "Slap in the face!" anywhere. It shows we're growing as a people.

I beat the wave node (everyone at level 354) with Mockingbird/Vulture/A-Venom, after my first attempt with Shuri/P4nther/Nico got knocked out fast.
  • KJB Agent
    KJB Agent Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I did Chavez, Nightcrawler, and JJ.  JJ and Chavez did the early work (with JJ taking most of the big hits).  Once Nightcrawler's purple got rolling it was easy  (a bit boring spamming the same ability but it worked).
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did it with Coulson, Beast and C4rol. Beast was last standing with 2700 HP left. What an ordeal!
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,566 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got slaughtered by the Lv320 Deadpools on my first try (probably first time ever in this game that I got whaled!).
    Second try with KK, SheHulk and Hawkguy got me to wave 4 with full health (thanks KK!) and plenty of AP, but then a cascade-match5-cascade took out my KK and the resulting AP was enough to kill the rest of my team.
    Will try again this afternoon as I needed some time to get over the 20 minutes I lost.
  • First21
    First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    Used 4* Cap. Marvel, Wasp and 3* Halk eye. First build up your blue AP so that wasp can start the buzzz but don’t use Haulk eyes blue  until you have at lest 15 blue ap so wasp can cuntenue her buzzz get some black for Cap. Marvels black power. Get at least 4 or 5 strike tiles then use wasp yellow power to turn them into pertect tiles. Get more black for Cap. Marvel for strikes and for even more strikes use Haulk eyes purple. Can use his blue to but make sure you have at least 15 or more blue ap. In time you can do crazy damage wile you get crazy pertect tiles. That’s what I used and beat it the first time. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They were level 304 for me.  I managed to beat them with Mockingbird/Vulture/America Chavez (levels 296/297/293 respectively).  Mostly just kept Vulture in the air, building up AP so America would start punching everyone.  If the enemies made match-4's, Mockingbird would punish them.

I denied purple, so Deadpool never cast whales.  All my characters got hit with Deadpool's red once or twice though.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like the challenge, just wish the rewards matched it. 

Though it's funny, it has been so long since GI was last ran for the many it is totally new content to them.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's tough. Ran with KK, Shulk and C4rol. First 2 rounds with relative ease, but unfortunately Shulk didnt drain the green pile. So going into round 3 against the enemies' 30 green...
    Call of the Storm, half wipe. I didnt stay on for the second Call
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm so glad that we actually got another chance at this event. I didn't think they'd ever run it again after the initial two runs (Ant-Man film release and DVD release). My roster was nowhere near strong enough to complete it last time. The most recent wave node was definitely challenging, but is a challenging node such a bad thing? A shame it's just one cover, but it's a fun event to see happening again. I hope to see it run once again for the eventual release of Ant-Man and The Wasp on DVD.
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    I've been liking the event. It's kind of a mini-gauntlet, with no placement competition or anything, just some sorta-difficult replayable nodes. 1500 extra iso-8 each day is pretty nice, too.

For the wave node, I used Cloak&Dagger, Nico, and Yondu. In that order, so that Nico would buff attack tiles immediately if they came out, and Yondu's arrow would hit after the Nico buffs. By Wave 4, an opponent was dying to passives every turn.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    God I envy you guys in 4* land.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The joke is that, really, we should be playing for a cover for 5* wasp.

Seriously, making us work 5 days for a measly 4* cover just feels excessive.