Wasp event. What a joke

124»

Comments

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I really enjoyed this event: First time I played this event(it's been so long) I couldn't even touch it. I was a 2* player who stupidly threw all of his iso into OML & Cap so it was just a beat down. I did the final wave on my lunch today and I felt a good sense of satisfaction coming out of the break room,  coworkers were probably wondering why I was smirking like that, but it's been a looong time coming.
    Sour graping about rewards? get outta hyeah! Five nodes( 2 waves) is super easy work for a 4*! Compare it to the one per PvE you get or 40 wins in PvP = Pretty good ROI 
    Slop need not apply! I actually had to play these matches! I thought I was clear and DirtyD starts that wave with some BIG chomps and vogues; I barely squeeked out my first win. Then Doom put it to the test; if he gets diabolical on yo kitty its a straight up healthpack. I like a good challenge that forces you to raise the level of performance. That is what excelsior is all about.

pixiejazz said:
    Does anyone have any advice for beating the 4 waves with Deadpool? 
    Here's my roster:
    Well you have two good stunners, but against movers Daredevil might be better suited. You can chain his CD so that one pops every turn and get a sorta stunlock going. Throw KK in there but max her yellow; you will be taking hits. Bring your own Deadpool. Priorities: Really gonna chase Blue then Purps/Green for your AoE's, red for spamming slices that will keep your health topped. Pack straight damage dealing TU's for finishers. 
  • pixiejazz
    pixiejazz Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    ZootSax said:
    pixiejazz said:
    Does anyone have any advice for beating the 4 waves with Deadpool? The inner space cadet wave is what I mean. I make it to the last wave (with Devil Dinosaur) and always get killed before I can really damage them too much. I've tried mixing and matching characters, and I'm at my wit's end with that one. Any help is appreciated.

Here's my roster:

Unfortunately, you're missing a couple of the most reliable 3* wave node all stars (Captain America & Iron Man).  Based on your roster, I'd try Daredevil, Kamala Khan and Deadpool.  you'll want to chase red and blue as much as possible.  You probably already know this, but Daredevil's blue can stun many opponents if you have a couple countdowns out which are out of sync with one another.  Deadpool's red is really good damage, plus cheap enough to trigger Kamala's healing repeatedly.  Bring team-ups that either stun (like 1* Black Widow) or gain AP (like 1-3* Storm).  Remember that teamups also trigger Kamala's healing, so use them wisely.  Otherwise, if you can afford to save 14AP towards the end and don't need it sooner, you can always whale the final wave for the Wasp cover if you need to.  I'll admit, what I recommend is still a VERY HARD fight, but it's the best I can suggest with what you have...
    I've been really unlucky with IM40 and 3* Cap when it comes to covers or even bonus covers. I did try pairing KK with DD, but I wasn't sure who to use for my 3rd person, so I kept switching out Dr Strange, Thanos, Star-Lord, Doctor Doom, etc. I keep getting slaughtered on the 4th wave. Maybe I'll try Deadpool with those two and hope for the best. Thanks!
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Try adding Deadpool then dropping all whales on the wave you can't beat... That's what it's for!
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gambit + 50Thor + America. Down the enemy that can move tiles, let Gambit destroy AP for a few turns until America's crits down the rest, repeat. Easy.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Felt like today's 5-wave node was Waaaay easier than the 4-wave node. 
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Whipped through it on my main account using medusa, 4 captain marvel, and gamora.  Was at pretty much full health at the end.  On my secondary account i can't even get past the first wave.
  • Space Dwarf
    Space Dwarf Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    There’s nothing that my PVE speed clear team of Thor, JJ, & Chavez can’t handle. 
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Very happy these are running again. Fun, challenging fights that require strategy at last.

Also, I think it's easy work for a 4* cover, just a couple of fights, single clear. Normally you'd have to fight your way to 900 on PvP or halfway through an event on PvE.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    pixiejazz said:
    ZootSax said:
    pixiejazz said:
    Does anyone have any advice for beating the 4 waves with Deadpool? The inner space cadet wave is what I mean. I make it to the last wave (with Devil Dinosaur) and always get killed before I can really damage them too much. I've tried mixing and matching characters, and I'm at my wit's end with that one. Any help is appreciated.

Here's my roster:

Unfortunately, you're missing a couple of the most reliable 3* wave node all stars (Captain America & Iron Man).  Based on your roster, I'd try Daredevil, Kamala Khan and Deadpool.  you'll want to chase red and blue as much as possible.  You probably already know this, but Daredevil's blue can stun many opponents if you have a couple countdowns out which are out of sync with one another.  Deadpool's red is really good damage, plus cheap enough to trigger Kamala's healing repeatedly.  Bring team-ups that either stun (like 1* Black Widow) or gain AP (like 1-3* Storm).  Remember that teamups also trigger Kamala's healing, so use them wisely.  Otherwise, if you can afford to save 14AP towards the end and don't need it sooner, you can always whale the final wave for the Wasp cover if you need to.  I'll admit, what I recommend is still a VERY HARD fight, but it's the best I can suggest with what you have...
    I've been really unlucky with IM40 and 3* Cap when it comes to covers or even bonus covers. I did try pairing KK with DD, but I wasn't sure who to use for my 3rd person, so I kept switching out Dr Strange, Thanos, Star-Lord, Doctor Doom, etc. I keep getting slaughtered on the 4th wave. Maybe I'll try Deadpool with those two and hope for the best. Thanks!
    Deadpool's Whales! move will wipe out a whole wave assuming you have whales saved up, but I still hold that your Iron Fist is a better choice, with the power shifts I recommended made to Kamala and Dr. Strange. Once you're sitting on enough black, 5 purple AP gives you a powerful attack that you can keep repeating. And don't underestimate his guaranteed attack tile.
  • pixiejazz
    I beat the wave finally. Used Dr. Strange, Kamala Khan, and Deadpool. Got super lucky with the AP I needed and was able to power through all four waves. Only lost Deadpool at the beginning of wave 4. Huzzah! Now to get through the new wave of people...
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    pixiejazz said:
    I beat the wave finally. Used Dr. Strange, Kamala Khan, and Deadpool. Got super lucky with the AP I needed and was able to power through all four waves. Only lost Deadpool at the beginning of wave 4. Huzzah! Now to get through the new wave of people...
    Awesome — congratulations! It does —almost— make it worthwhile, right? It’s good we get rewards for wave clears, at least. But I do find it quite satisfying to beat an event or node that has been especially vexing...
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    I really enjoyed the difficulty of this event. It reminded me of the Gauntlet and I will be sad if they make it easier for the Ant-man event.
  • pixiejazz
    Yepyep said:
    pixiejazz said:
    Awesome — congratulations! It does —almost— make it worthwhile, right? It’s good we get rewards for wave clears, at least. But I do find it quite satisfying to beat an event or node that has been especially vexing...
    Thank you! It was quite satisfying. I beat the other wave with no problem. Used Dr. Strange, Kamala Khan, and Doctor Doom that time. Was able to hoard tons of purples, so Doom was amazing with that wave. Plus, the goons constantly putting countdown tiles up made Strange go crazy, so I barely took any damage. I got my Wasp cover and some coins (after beating that Deadpool wave), so now I have 13 days and some odd hours to recruit her. Only need about 550 more coins.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    My go-to Simulator team of ~282 Blade/Coulson/Carol took down this event fairly handily. My enemies were around 325 (310 in waves)
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used GladiaThor, Vulture, and Cloak & Dagger. I was firing out AoEs every other turn.
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Carol and Carn-Dusa got me through it.  Lots of executive decision and just the healing and AP gaining.  By the last wave, attack tiles were doing nearly 8K dmg
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Carol/Coulson/5Hawkeye destroys wave nodes.  After the first wave I probably had 10k in strike tiles and enough blue to Out of Arrows pretty much an entire wave.  That team is unstoppable once it gets rolling, and it doesn't take much to get it rolling.