Wasp event. What a joke

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I run Nico/Yondu/4ocket on these a bunch. Yondu can get out strikes of a decent quality to backfill the ones from 4ocket that get matched away while at the same time doing an AP denial. Yondu and Nico both have medium to good true heals depending on how you have them spec'd (3/5/5 for nico, then Yondu the same unless he needs to heal).

If you're a 3* player, try Blad3/Falcon/Cag3 - chase yellow to buff up all the specials while fueling Cag3's uppercut. Sit on some blue so Falcon will overwrite an enemy special every turn. Cag3 has a stun on his black, and/or you can get some of Blad3's AP theft repeaters on the board.

An alternate team is SWitch/Fist/Cag3 - let Switch put purple all over the board, use Fist to spam out black until he has enough to start punching all the things. Once you're out of purple, burn through all that black with Cag3. this team doesn't have a mega-nuke, but it has a lot of relatively cheap middle-damage powers that work pretty well at the tier. 
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    General consensus in my alliance which I agree with.  "They must be smoking something good if they think this is worth a single 4* cover"
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So I was originally lamenting having to fight 5 waves of level 551 enemies, but then Okoye got 30 TU's by wave 3 and everyone died. So that was nice.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's possible that I'm just in a sweet spot in terms of scaling, but I didn't have to break a sweat once with this event. That is, until the final node today — I went into it not realizing it was five waves and shot myself in the foot. On my second attempt I used Vulture, Quake, and Cloak & Dagger and had no issues.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, I used Vulture/America/C&D. By the middle of wave 3, America and C&D were dead, but I had enough black AP to keep Vulture airborne forever, so I still won.
  • mega ghost
    Options
    NotBAMF said:
    Yeah, I used Vulture/America/C&D. By the middle of wave 3, America and C&D were dead, but I had enough black AP to keep Vulture airborne forever, so I still won.
    My C&D got precariously close to death around then too, but then I switched them out so they could heal every turn and keep them in the game.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    NotBAMF said:
    My C&D got precariously close to death around then too, but then I switched them out so they could heal every turn and keep them in the game.
    I honestly never remember he can heal, because healing him would required changing from generating black, and I never do that, haha
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did Mockingbird/Main Event/Shuri on my first run through, and somehow Mockingbird died on the first round. The other two powerbombed their way to round 4 before tapping out. I switched to C4rol/Coulson/Hawkeye(1/3/2 lvl 315), and now i'm walking through it barely taking any damage; they just cascaded round 4 from Coulson's countdowns going off without me doing anything. That is a hall of fame status wave node team.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I used Vulture, Shuri and Hobo on the last round...barely broke a sweat.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Made it with wasp carol and medusa after failing with wasp carol and thanos 5
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Loved this event, more like this from time to time please. More fun and thinking on those nodes than any pve or boss event I can remember.

I kinda miss roster scaling after that, well for 5 nodes anyway!
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Peggy, im40 and kamala made it through easily. Stun the mover and biggest goon threat and collect ap. Didn’t try to move a stunned person up front to stun the one that was in front first. Not sure if it is possible to stun all three but it wools have been even easier.

I agree with the sentiment. Long and potentially tough wave fights for 500 iso and one cover? That’s it? I’m not repeating it as I am sure my luck won’t repeat.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It is rough.. but I completed mine using good old G4R Gamor4 & Medusa.. I do agree that I would feel better if we were doing this crazy node for a Wa5p. But I guess W4sp is better than nothing.. even tho it’s a color I can’t use. *shrug*
  • pixiejazz
    pixiejazz Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Does anyone have any advice for beating the 4 waves with Deadpool? The inner space cadet wave is what I mean. I make it to the last wave (with Devil Dinosaur) and always get killed before I can really damage them too much. I've tried mixing and matching characters, and I'm at my wit's end with that one. Any help is appreciated.

Here's my roster:

• Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I had never used HE and Coulson before.  My 3-2-5 lvl 405 HE has always been an afterthought since I use my few champed 5*.   Without a usable Gambit or Thor, I decided to try the HE/Coulson/GG team that a few people suggested.
    HE lvl 405 3-2-5
    GG lvl 405 4-1-5
    Coulson lvl 312

They easily mopped up the 5 wave level 451 final node.  Took a while, but it was easy after the 3rd wave.
  • mega ghost
    edited July 2018
    Options
    NotBAMF said:
    NotBAMF said:
    I honestly never remember he can heal, because healing him would required changing from generating black, and I never do that, haha
    I don't do it much in PvP, but in PvE and especially in wave nodes it really shines! If you plan it right you can minimize your health pack use on them. Also, when you have enough black/yellow tiles on the board out your purple only cost 3AP and doubles as a useful spam attack, assuming you don't have a prioritized purple user. Plus, I was trying to get my yellow AP up so I could benefit from their tile removal ability as well.
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not sure if you all noticed but the team has taken notes of some complaints from this iteration. For the next GI which gives antman as a reward, wave nodes reset to 0 ap each wave and they put a max cap on enemy levels.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pixiejazz said:
    Does anyone have any advice for beating the 4 waves with Deadpool? The inner space cadet wave is what I mean. I make it to the last wave (with Devil Dinosaur) and always get killed before I can really damage them too much. I've tried mixing and matching characters, and I'm at my wit's end with that one. Any help is appreciated.

Here's my roster:

Unfortunately, you're missing a couple of the most reliable 3* wave node all stars (Captain America & Iron Man).  Based on your roster, I'd try Daredevil, Kamala Khan and Deadpool.  you'll want to chase red and blue as much as possible.  You probably already know this, but Daredevil's blue can stun many opponents if you have a couple countdowns out which are out of sync with one another.  Deadpool's red is really good damage, plus cheap enough to trigger Kamala's healing repeatedly.  Bring team-ups that either stun (like 1* Black Widow) or gain AP (like 1-3* Storm).  Remember that teamups also trigger Kamala's healing, so use them wisely.  Otherwise, if you can afford to save 14AP towards the end and don't need it sooner, you can always whale the final wave for the Wasp cover if you need to.  I'll admit, what I recommend is still a VERY HARD fight, but it's the best I can suggest with what you have...
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bubba3210 said:
    Peggy, im40 and kamala made it through easily. Stun the mover and biggest goon threat and collect ap. Didn’t try to move a stunned person up front to stun the one that was in front first. Not sure if it is possible to stun all three but it wools have been even easier.

It is. Works spectacularly but obviously takes a load of blue AP...
  • mega ghost
    edited July 2018
    Options
    pixiejazz said:

Here's my roster:

@pixiejazz I'd use Strange / Kamala / Iron Fist. Switch your Kamala from 3/5/5 to 5/3/5 for extra staying power, and your Iron Fist from 5/5/3 to 3/5/5 for increased passive damage.

Use Kamala's green over Iron Fist's if it will down anyone, otherwise consider using Iron Fist's green once early on to get some strikes out. 

Save your purple for Iron Fist if possible, as he'll be your powerhouse.

Use Strange's stun strategically to take your biggest threat out of play while also selecting their most threatening AP pool.

Focus on Deadpool first so he can't block damage and then heal most of it away. Don't let him get his purple off.

Make sure to time attacks when you can so that you don't let the waves switch over so that the new wave of enemies gets a turn before you do.