Wasp event. What a joke

Options

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    The joke is that, really, we should be playing for a cover for 5* wasp.

Seriously, making us work 5 days for a measly 4* cover just feels excessive.
    Coveraccording to the announcement. There better be an Ant-man or Wasp waiting on that last node tomorrow :)
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Bowgentle said:

Coveraccording to the announcement. There better be an Ant-man or Wasp waiting on that last node tomorrow :)
    There will be just one Wasp cover. According to announcement you can get covers from events. The second cover will be available in the second run.
  • Daiches
    edited July 2018
    Options
    St1nkf1st said:
    Daiches said:
    Bowgentle said:

There will be just one Wasp cover. According to announcement you can get covers from events. The second cover will be available in the second run.
    Doesn't exclude getting multiple covers per event, but you're probably right. There's only one event announced though.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With a roster scaled to 4x 5* (none of which are Gambit, Thor, DD or OML), I've also never come close to beating this. Never even beaten the second wave.
  • Daiches
    Options
    With a roster scaled to 4x 5* (none of which are Gambit, Thor, DD or OML), I've also never come close to beating this. Never even beaten the second wave.
    Who do you have available? HE easily wins it. And don't forget your 4s. Plenty of options there too to mix with your 5s. Or you could Winfinite it if you have an hour or two available?
  • monsieurmojo
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Who do you have available? HE easily wins it. And don't forget your 4s. Plenty of options there too to mix with your 5s. Or you could Winfinite it if you have an hour or two available?
    Black Bolt, Black Panther, Strange and Peter Parker. Okoye 4/5/1 level 405. None of them are fast enough, and Okoye doesn't tank enough colors yet to be useful outside of her pve boost. I've tried a lot of the 4* CD using options suggested with Carol, as well, with and without BB,  I just can't get past the second wave. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Black Bolt, Black Panther, Strange and Peter Parker. Okoye 4/5/1 level 405. None of them are fast enough, and Okoye doesn't tank enough colors yet to be useful outside of her pve boost. I've tried a lot of the 4* CD using options suggested with Carol, as well, with and without BB,  I just can't get past the second wave. 
    Try

Coulson
    your 3/2/2 Hawkeye
    4* SL

respec coulson to 5/3/5
    Starlord to 3/5/5

boost +2 blue to start.

Fire hawkeye blue to start.  but don't fire HE red.

instead wait until you can post 6 cd tiles before fire SL red.

What will happen is this.

ONce HE gets to Out of Arrows.  Every blue will spawn a Coulson 1 turn CD.  Starlord's red will hit for around 15k+ and as each 1 turn CD resolves that will refill your Blue and Red AP counters.  even better once you get the discount from Star lord Yellow.

Its not as good as a true stunlock from gamora, or winfinite from GG,  but it will continuously refresh your AP.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For survival nodes with non-goons you can also consider Hood with a stunner like Iceman or Peggy. Get the last foe or two in a wave stunned and let Hood steal their AP. Pick your third character as your major damage dealer. You can often get through a fight like this only taking match damage if you are careful.
  • monsieurmojo
    Options
    Phumade said:
    monsieurmojo said: 
    Daiches said:
    Try

Coulson
    your 3/2/2 Hawkeye
    4* SL

respec coulson to 5/3/5
    Starlord to 3/5/5

boost +2 blue to start.

Fire hawkeye blue to start.  but don't fire HE red.

instead wait until you can post 6 cd tiles before fire SL red.

What will happen is this.

ONce HE gets to Out of Arrows.  Every blue will spawn a Coulson 1 turn CD.  Starlord's red will hit for around 15k+ and as each 1 turn CD resolves that will refill your Blue and Red AP counters.  even better once you get the discount from Star lord Yellow.

Its not as good as a true stunlock from gamora, or winfinite from GG,  but it will continuously refresh your AP.
    Wiped miserably with that team. Next go-around went with Carol Coulhawk instead. By the end of the second round I had enough AP to never let the enemy get another turn, with 40k worth of strikes on the board. Thanks a million for the suggestion!
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options

Peggy, kamala and im40 are a great group for this event. Much better than the grocket Medusa combo that won for me yesterday.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So far I’ve managed to Spider-verse every node 4x. My new favorite combo in 4* land. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I used a team I use a lot: Vulture, Iceman, Peggy all champed in the high-280s range. Enemies scaled to 305 for me. I failed to pay attention to the number of nodes, sort of assuming it was two bc I've been playing so much of the Ultron event. Then wave three hit and I was, um, whoah!, then number four hit and I went a poured a strong drink... I got through it pretty well, but it definitely required some buckling down in nodes 3 and 4...

So far I’ve managed to Spider-verse every node 4x. My new favorite combo in 4* land. 
    I don't know what this means. Could you please explain it?
  • StormDragonE55
    StormDragonE55 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    God I envy you guys in 4* land.

I'm barely in 3* land and I can't get past this tinyurl node.
    Nothing I've tried worked.  I either get killed the minute I get to the third wave or I make it to the 4th wave with only R3G still standing and no yellow tiles to be found.

StormDragonE55
  • Yepyep
    Options

Nothing I've tried worked.  I either get killed the minute I get to the third wave or I make it to the 4th wave with only R3G still standing and no yellow tiles to be found.

StormDragonE55
    It's really hard, definitely don't feel bad at your level. I remember when I played Gauntlet (an apparently extinct event) and I simply couldn't beat it.

That's when you know it's time for: 3* Deadpool! Drop every whale on 'em. That's how you beat the unbeatable node...
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    I don't know what this means. Could you please explain it?
    4* Iron Spider and Miles pretty much flood the board with web tiles and Miles gives 1 Red, 1 Blue, and 1 Purple AP for each web matched. So I add Gamora for the rainbow (Blue/Black). Miles (Purple) and Spidey (Red) both have nukes with no cap on the damage that can one-shot these behemoths with enough webs in the board. So you one shot one and stun  lock  the other two while getting enough AP and filling the board with enough webs to do it again next wave.  Rinse/repeat. 
  • Yepyep
    Options
    Sounds fun, @Daredevil217, thanks. It'll be quite some time before I can get I-Spi and Miles champed, however...
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Options

StormDragonE55

Have you tried KK, IM40, and 3* Cap? If you take damage during one wave you can keep the last guy stunned while you build up your AP and heal. Then you should be able to down at least in the next wave quickly, stun the other two, rinse, and repeat. 
  • Adelta
    Adelta Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The team that has won each round 1st attempt for me is Medusa, Nico and R4G.  I hardly see anyone mention Nico and I think she is a better replacement for G4mora
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Adelta said:
    The team that has won each round 1st attempt for me is Medusa, Nico and R4G.  I hardly see anyone mention Nico and I think she is a better replacement for G4mora
    Absolutely for wave nodes, Nico is boss teamed with r&g. If its just 3 you are facing, Gamora is the better option.