Growth Industry Node 2 advice needed.

StormDragonE55
StormDragonE55 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
Hi everyone!  I'm trying to get through the second node of the G.I. event and I've been pummeled every time.  I've only been playing MPQ for 59 days so I don't have a lot of 4*s with a significant amount of covers and only 3 3*s champed.  Any advice to get by this node would be appreciated. 

Thanks,
StormDragonE55

Comments

• Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    With any node that has two goon feeders you use 3* Strange and let them kill off the tile mover for you.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    What level are the enemies ?
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    Don't think they've got strange rostered yet .
    I'm thinking : im40 , Fist, and bullseye 
    Focus on collecting yellow for iron man and get those count downs out , then collect enough black to get fists purple attack working , if you get an enemy low enough of health make sure bulleye makes the killing blow to trigger his passive . Combine bullseyes strike tiles with fists attack tile and you might stand a chance.... but when in doubt bring in a modern black widow stun team up 
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    You could also try Iron Fist + Luke Cage + R&G. Use IF’s purple to fuel Luke Cage’s black. Use R&G’s blue to get some strike tiles out. R&G’s heal should help you stay in the match longer. 
  • StormDragonE55
    evade420 said:
    What level are the enemies ?
    224 dr doom, 224 decoy and a 225 defender. 

• StormDragonE55
    evade420 said:
    Don't think they've got strange rostered yet .
    I'm thinking : im40 , Fist, and bullseye 
    Focus on collecting yellow for iron man and get those count downs out , then collect enough black to get fists purple attack working , if you get an enemy low enough of health make sure bulleye makes the killing blow to trigger his passive . Combine bullseyes strike tiles with fists attack tile and you might stand a chance.... but when in doubt bring in a modern black widow stun team up 
    I have Strange rostered with 5 blue and 1 purple cover.  I've tried the im40, if and bullseye combo, but unless I use bulleyes green to get him in the front, I can't activate him.  all the tiles end up being either iron man or iron fist. I can't get doom down with no yellow or purple on the board and very little red.

• StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    You could try Bullseye/Cage/SWitch (all 3*) and attempt to down the lowest health enemy with BE by removing Cage's protect tile, once the strike tiles are out it more purple can quickly lead to damage mayhem.

Alternatively, when I was in your position with my roster I would occaisionally be quite succesful with 3*IM/2*Cap/[decent green user, 2* Thor maybe?]. Get 6 yellow quickly for IM40, and use the blue generated to stun the board mover, red to whittle down health and remove enemy special tiles. The green can help downing Doom too, Even if 2* Cap red does very limited damage (especially when compared to 3* Cap) his stun/tile removal can lead to some pretty efficient board control. May take a while and needs some luck getting yellow and resolving countdowns, but it can get the job done I think.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Fist/Cage/SWitch

click click boom

get lots of purple, convert it to black, punch people
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,928 Chairperson of the Boards
    The last 2 posters teams (Cage, Switch, 3* Bullseye) (Fist, Cage, Switch) are your best bets.

It's important to work on the 2 feeders first because they have WAY less health and one of them (forget but you can check) gives him Black for his Summon Demons (which is very painful). 3* Bullseye helps deal with that so that may be the better team if he keeps getting that one off.

KGB
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Node 3 was Rough!
    I just barely beat it, thanks only to a precisely executed Champed Vulture carrying me all alone through Waves 2,3, and 4
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Node 3 is nuts! Thank god for champed 5* Thanos! 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Node 3 LOL.  Have to do that 4 times. Level 472.  Wow 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Three days from now will be my 3 year anniversary of playing the game. GI was the first major side event (remember it lasted 30 days first time) and my baby roster (even worse by than the OPs) could get pass the wave node.

I tried and tried, but it was fun regardless. Second and last time it rolled around my roster had developed enough to complete. One of my best moments playing this game.

And #senseofentitlement, but that wave should have some better rewards. 
  • NovaFalcon
    NovaFalcon Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Holy smokes, how do we get past Node 3?  Have most 3* champed but not maxed, collecting four stars, no vulture.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Holy smokes, how do we get past Node 3?  Have most 3* champed but not maxed, collecting four stars, no vulture.
    You need a stun and heal group. Try kamala at 5/3/5, cap and im40. Stun or kill Deadpool first each round. Ap does not reset so bring a major boost and great teamups.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    For 3*, you can try Dr Strange, IM40 and Gamora. Use Gamora's green to stun and then Dr Strange's blue to stun the last character. It should buy you enough time to make matches. Always target Deadpool first. Concentrate on reducing red, purple, green ap first.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,928 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    For 3* I'd suggest

Kamala/She Hulk/(Hawkeye/Panther)

She Hulks red does team damage (so deadpool won't jump in front). The key is her green at 5 covers empties 2 enemy AP colors. Both are reasonably cheap so can be spammed for KK's heal. Then HawkEye has spammable Blue and a self heal black OR Panther can be used since he has active Yellow/Black/Blue powers. Since your not going to use KK's green you can put her Purple/Yellow at 5 covers.

The goal is cheap spammable powers to heal and She Hulk to deny AP.

KGB
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    I used Strang3, IM40, and GSBW for node 3  I always targeted Deadpool first.  I prioritized yellow and purple matches.  With IM40's help, I kept firing off GSBW green power and Strange stun repeatedly.  Then, I used IM40 red power.  Lots of fun.  Able to complete the node four times in a row.  
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

Node 3 is evil.  I've managed to reach wave 4 a couple of times.  But never with more than one character left.  Either I get blasted with whales, or by the time I get to wave 3 the enemy has saved up enough green to Call The Storm me twice into oblivion.  Not even Medusa / Gamora / Rocket could make any headway.

This is now officially my least favourite event.  Ever.

Maybe I'm at that "sweet" spot where scaling outpaces my roster to the maximum degree.  Or maybe I'm just rubbish at the game.

• RPIJG
    RPIJG Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    So hard. 4 rounds of lvl 270’s. I just barely made it past round 3 when DP dropped whales first turn of round 4.