Growth Industry Node 2 advice needed.

Comments

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    C4rol + Wasp + Medusa or C&D (Coulson would probably be a good 3rd too) worked well in 4* land. 

For 3* land, I second the suggestion of KK, IM40, 3* Cap.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    No one said it yet.  but check out your supports page.

I ran avengers Tower and Quinn Jett and Vibranium Ore.  The long wave nodes basically guarantee you have enough time to meet all the various conditions.  I was surprised by how many protect and fortify tiles were built out by the end.

Growth industry is technically no leaderboard pve, so supports are actually active and you sorta incentivized to try out new combos
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2018
    Cloak and Dagger came up huge for me on node 3. Ran them with G4mora and R+G and their heal basically kept me alive til the very end. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    RPIJG said:
    So hard. 4 rounds of lvl 270’s. I just barely made it past round 3 when DP dropped whales first turn of round 4. 
    I'm facing four rounds of 446s. This is utterly ridiculous.

Who's idea was it to have the scaling this high for this event, which is meant to be celebratory? Demiurge is the boss that insists everyone comes in to work on Christmas Day.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    RPIJG said:
    So hard. 4 rounds of lvl 270’s. I just barely made it past round 3 when DP dropped whales first turn of round 4. 

Who's idea was it to have the scaling this high for this event, which is meant to be celebratory? Demiurge is the boss that insists everyone comes in to work on Christmas Day.
    It was super easy with Gambit/Hawkeye/Archangel
    so much AP destruction other team couldn't do a thing. Countdowns fortified all over, so much AP gen.
    Beat it 4x without healing
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Makes me wonder what's in store for us in the next Nodes?!?!
  • Phumade
    growth industry is super hard.  It was ridiculously scaled the first time it ran and its been so ever since.

Rest assured while you technically have 6+ days to finish the nodes,  the last node with the free cover doesn't unlock until the last 24hrs.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards

Node 3 is evil.  I've managed to reach wave 4 a couple of times.  But never with more than one character left.  Either I get blasted with whales, or by the time I get to wave 3 the enemy has saved up enough green to Call The Storm me twice into oblivion.  Not even Medusa / Gamora / Rocket could make any headway.

This is now officially my least favourite event.  Ever.

Maybe I'm at that "sweet" spot where scaling outpaces my roster to the maximum degree.  Or maybe I'm just rubbish at the game.

What level were your opponents?

Mine were all 323ish (my team is 280ish) and I went through with that exact team on my first try losing about 1/2 health. I got Whaled once and Godlike Power once (start of wave 3 just like you did presumably). Now that I know those are the only 2 team powers it should make the repeats easier for me because I'll have Gamora's stun ready to go at the start of wave 3.

KGB
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Phumade said:
    No one said it yet.  but check out your supports page.

I ran avengers Tower and Quinn Jett and Vibranium Ore.  The long wave nodes basically guarantee you have enough time to meet all the various conditions.  I was surprised by how many protect and fortify tiles were built out by the end.

Growth industry is technically no leaderboard pve, so supports are actually active and you sorta incentivized to try out new combos
    I would like to add that I used supports also.  Huge help.  I have Vintage Shield on Strang3 and Avengers Tower on IM40.  Huge help, especially with boosting health on Strange and adding red AP so I could fire that IM40 power repeatedly. 
     I didn't think of adding support to GSBW.  If I had, I think I would have used Vibranium Ore on her.  
    Supports are your friend in this node.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    RPIJG said:

Mine are 439, so I'm right there with you.  I think the key to this one (like so many other things) is "How high is your Gambit?"  I used him (mine is 4/2/4 and LVL 405), America (LVL 274), and 5trange (LVL 451).  Strange was mainly for some AP drain with his blue, in case I needed it.

Narrator - He didn't need it until the fourth wave, when Devil Dinosaur showed up ready to use the 7 green AP.

The other team never fired off a power in any of the four waves.  I would have used my Gladiathor, but he was really, really hurting due to getting whacked around by Sentries in the Ultron event.  He's currently at 10K health (out of 53K).

If you have the enemies in a level where a 3-star team could win, you might want to try is Kamala Khan (5/5/3 for healing and extra green) She Hulk (AP Drain with the green and board shake with the red) and Hood (MORE AP drain!)
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:

Node 3 is evil.  I've managed to reach wave 4 a couple of times.  But never with more than one character left.  Either I get blasted with whales, or by the time I get to wave 3 the enemy has saved up enough green to Call The Storm me twice into oblivion.  Not even Medusa / Gamora / Rocket could make any headway.

Maybe I'm at that "sweet" spot where scaling outpaces my roster to the maximum degree.  Or maybe I'm just rubbish at the game.

Mine were all 323ish (my team is 280ish) and I went through with that exact team on my first try losing about 1/2 health. I got Whaled once and Godlike Power once (start of wave 3 just like you did presumably). Now that I know those are the only 2 team powers it should make the repeats easier for me because I'll have Gamora's stun ready to go at the start of wave 3.

KGB

They're level 443.  I have 14 championed 5*, none of them Gambit or over level 459, and a heap of 4* of level 320 or above.  (If anyone wants more detail, search out the alliance Roaches.)  Whales practically single-shots my team.
  • Phumade
    edited June 2018
    KGB said:

KGB

They're level 443.  I have 14 championed 5*, none of them Gambit or over level 459, and a heap of 4* of level 320 or above.  (If anyone wants more detail, search out the alliance Roaches.)  Whales practically single-shots my team.
    did you try GG Hawkeye, Coulson.

spec GG at 5/3/5
    HE 5/3/5
    Coulson 5/4/4

We all know about the HE Coulson combo,  but GG's Yellow will drop every counter by 2.

So get all you CDs out and then immediately resolve them with GG yellow.  Coulson's yellow will also seed more AP.  Its a remarkably reliable win infinite combo with good health and low startup costs

I think I cycle though all 4 waves in 5 turns because the yellow was resolving all the CDs and reloading HE blue before the turn ends
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    KGB said:

KGB

Ah so much tougher than mine.

How's your 4* bench? I don't have Carnage/Mr F champed but the team of Medusa/Carnage/Mr F is one I always skip in shield sim.

Carnage gives an endless supply of specials for Medusa and Mr F to heal the team. Mr F's blue at 5 gives a nice 3 turn stun really cheaply plus some defense tiles to lower match damage (which Medusa helps fuel). 5 active colors too with Carnage team damage and board shake (which again Medusa fuels). You can spec Mr F how you want for his other 2 colors as long as you have 5 blue.

KGB
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    I was finally able to beat my level 473 enemies in node 3 with champ Thanos, 12 cover BP and America.  Let crit tiles help and stun and BP bonus damage after stun.  Was able to save all AP til wave 4 by which time America was dead anyway.  Had Thanos left standing with about 12k health, but it could have easily been a loss.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    KGB said:

KGB

did you try GG Hawkeye, Coulson.

spec GG at 5/3/5
    HE 5/3/5
    Coulson 5/4/4

We all know about the HE Coulson combo,  but GG's Yellow will drop every counter by 2.

So get all you CDs out and then immediately resolve them with GG yellow.  Coulson's yellow will also seed more AP.  Its a remarkably reliable win infinite combo with good health and low startup costs

I think I cycle though all 4 waves in 5 turns because the yellow was resolving all the CDs and reloading HE blue before the turn ends

Well mercy me, that worked.  It took a very long time, I dread to think how long it would have been if I had animations on, but that's a mighty team.  Even with a level 405 3/2/5 Hawkeye, it was fine.

Even though I've been playing the game for over 4 years, there are a lot of things still to learn.

• jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2018
    Waddles_Pines, alliance mate, reminded me of the stun lock team of Gamora, Sandman, and Vulture for round 3.  Collect black first use Gamora blue on Deadpool, then Green on whomever isn't stunned by Gamora then blue again on the next person that becomes unstunned, then rinse and repeat.  If you do it right, and get lucky, the only turn the other team will get is at the very start of the wave.  Also make sure to use Sandman's yellow to give you a little more match damage protection in case you can't permastun them.
  • Phumade
    I looked up growth node in the PQ wiki.  The last day of Growth industry is 5x waves.

Better go practice your winfinite teams.   lol
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    First of all, thanks to the developers for an actual challenge!  Love it!

Also, got it on my first try and got to try out my new toy (level 270 Iron Spidey) with Miles and Gamora. Once the team ramps up it’s a wrap.

The whole board is filled with webs, Spidey one shots Deadpool with his red punch. Gamora stun locks the other two.  Flood the board with more webs, kill the other two.  Start the next wave doing the same thing (one shot Deadpool, stun the other two).

The fact that Miles and Spidey do uncapped damage based on web tiles... and it’s really easy to have almost the entire board filled.... yeahhhh....
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2018
    KGB said:

KGB

That's when u need un-nerfed Gambit the most when dev being ridiculous. 
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    It’s already been said here, but Coulson/Hawkeye works great on the 3rd node for those in 5* land.  I used Phoenix as my 3rd, but she just watched while Hawkeye went nuts.