Growth Industry Node 2 advice needed.

124»

Comments

• NovaFalcon
    NovaFalcon Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for the IM40/Cap/KK tips - Used them in both Node 3 and Node 5 and survived on the second try for 3 (had really bad board layout) and the first try with 5. 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Good News: They "nerfed" the Wave Nodes on the upcoming Antman Growth Industries event. 
    Enemy AP resets to Zero after each wave!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wave 5 was easy because there are only 5 actual enemies instead of 15. They "nerfed" wave 3 by resetting their ap for each round. I wonder if it's necessary?  :o I understand that some players are unhappy about it. Without this kind of challenge, would we have a long thread like this?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    They "nerfed" wave 3 by resetting their ap for each round. I wonder if it's necessary?  :o I understand that some players are unhappy about it.
    I think the problem is that a lot of players now have 'a roster of unbalanced proportions'. By that I mean that since shield clearance levels were introduced almost 2 years ago players have been free to level their characters narrowly instead of broadly. So what's happened is that 3* rosters have opened quite a few LT's and rostered 5* characters and in many cases leveled them because with SCL that didn't matter.

Now with roster based scaling back they are screwed because their 3* champs in the 160-180 range are fighting L320 enemies because they happened to have 3+ useless 5* characters at L255-270ish range. I have a couple of junior alliance members suffering this issue where the long time vets aren't.

KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    In that case, resetting ap helps a little for your alliance members because the enemy level is still high. I guess having roster based scaling event once in a while is fine, but other group of players suffer. 

• marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Appreciate the challenge as a 5* player.

For those struggling, you need to try to beat the first waves slowly so you can save heaps of AP, get tiles out , build up burst heal, fortify your tiles etc.

Heaps of chars that can carry you across:
    - 3*: KK, Cap, SW
    - 4* C&D, Carol, Cage, Panther, Medusa+Carnage
    - 5* Okoye, OML, Strange, Gambit, Bolt
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    I did node 5 with Carnage, Medusa and Kraven.  It took a while, but I finished the fight at full health after healing.  
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    A slow but steady team is shuri, mr F and 5* daredevil. Lots of stun options, powers get cheap quickly and on a stunned character the combination of DD’s purple and shuri’s blue passive boosting damage when matching fortified tiles can hit really hard. 
  • Orglmeister
    Orglmeister Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    4* Carol, War Machine, Medusa => Walk in the Park
  • azninvasion2000
    azninvasion2000 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Man these nodes are ridiculously tough. I ended up just using a winfinite team and trainwrecking my way through all the nodes.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carol / Wasp / Sam Wilson worked for me. Also Carol / Coulson / Blade. After wave 1 the Strike tiles are so strong that deadpool just doesn't matter.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Sort of off the topic and I can’t find anywhere else to ask...

how has the enemy strength for this event been calculated?

One of my alliance members has told me that the first node in the second run he is sitting on 474.  His highest rostered Cover is a 5* champ at 456, and he has 1 more champed 5* and some other 5*s in the higher 300 range

My own node is at 336 and my roster is not as 5* heavy but we are similar with the rest
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    PeeOne said:
    Sort of off the topic and I can’t find anywhere else to ask...

how has the enemy strength for this event been calculated?

One of my alliance members has told me that the first node in the second run he is sitting on 474.  His highest rostered Cover is a 5* champ at 456, and he has 1 more champed 5* and some other 5*s in the higher 300 range

My own node is at 336 and my roster is not as 5* heavy but we are similar with the rest
    My enemies are at LVL 475 this time through.  I've got 5trange champed at 451, Thor and Widow champed at 450, and OML and Gambit in the low 400s.