Supports - Spider-Sense (6/5/18)

245

Comments

  • Punter1Punter1 Posts: 435 Mover and Shaker
    I feel like Supports are still in need of more support... these vaults are not the support Supports are looking for...
  • udonomefooudonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    I spent 100 HP on the 120 vault.  Got the 4*.  Done, NEXT!
    My 100 hp got me a 4* Hail Hydra.  So far both of the 4* supports I've pulled have been villain supports.  Which is great because there are so many useful villain characters to equip them to.  :|
  • bluewolfbluewolf Posts: 4,910 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    I spent 100 HP on the 120 vault.  Got the 4*.  Done, NEXT!
    My 100 hp got me a 4* Hail Hydra.  So far both of the 4* supports I've pulled have been villain supports.  Which is great because there are so many useful villain characters to equip them to.  :|
    I would like an anti-bonus Support modifier.  Please?  At least 1-2 I can avoid?  (Looking at you, Black Order.)
  • GrimSkaldGrimSkald Posts: 2,033 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    I feel as if supports is like the show storage wars. A locker full of trash, but they have something that may be of value if you're lucky enough to buy (pull) the right one. Then you take the item to get apprised (open) and 9 out of 10 ends up being a big fat nothing.


    Not really, no.  The best supports have a very marginal effect on the game - reducing damage by a %, occasionally fortifying tiles, etc.  The Infinity stones are significantly better, but a) they're good, but not that good, and b) so few people will get them that they may as well not exist.

    I'm puttering around with them, myself, and having fun, but they have essentially no impact on the game and you should probably think of them as such.  Like alternate skins in other games - buy them if you want to look cool, but they don't really affect things...

  • smkspysmkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    GrimSkald said:
    smkspy said:
    I feel as if supports is like the show storage wars. A locker full of trash, but they have something that may be of value if you're lucky enough to buy (pull) the right one. Then you take the item to get apprised (open) and 9 out of 10 ends up being a big fat nothing.


    Not really, no.  The best supports have a very marginal effect on the game - reducing damage by a %, occasionally fortifying tiles, etc.  The Infinity stones are significantly better, but a) they're good, but not that good, and b) so few people will get them that they may as well not exist.

    I'm puttering around with them, myself, and having fun, but they have essentially no impact on the game and you should probably think of them as such.  Like alternate skins in other games - buy them if you want to look cool, but they don't really affect things...

    Just like storage wars lol. Yeah, those rare item finds have a perceived value, but that value really means nothing if the locker buyers can't actually sell the item to anyone for the perceived vault. Suports are the same, they have a perceived value because of being rare, but as you said, not really worth much when you can't level them up (sell off the item in the case of SW). Analogy still stands to a degree imo..
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suddenly got an irresistible urge to change my avatar.
  • venyveny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Yay, another Support!
    I will max him out... with current RISO income... well, during next century.
    And look - Spider-man only
  • fmftintfmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yup, still don't care
  • The rockettThe rockett Posts: 1,959 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just wow.  A Support that’s can only be attached to a 4* char just like the BP one. Talk about handcuffing you and not in a good way. 
  • JHawkIncJHawkInc Posts: 2,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just wow.  A Support that’s can only be attached to a 4* char just like the BP one. Talk about handcuffing you and not in a good way. 
    You can equip it to any version of Spider-Man, only the 4* gets the bonus web tile perk. It's actually not a bad equip for Black Suit Spidey, since he doesn't use web tiles, he won't miss out on the bonus perk anyways.
  • LavaManLeeLavaManLee Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Nobody gives a rats patootie about supports.  Not sure why, when, where, how they were conceived but we just don't care.  Wish the devs actually played this game and understood that.
  • The rockettThe rockett Posts: 1,959 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Just wow.  A Support that’s can only be attached to a 4* char just like the BP one. Talk about handcuffing you and not in a good way. 
    You can equip it to any version of Spider-Man, only the 4* gets the bonus web tile perk. It's actually not a bad equip for Black Suit Spidey, since he doesn't use web tiles, he won't miss out on the bonus perk anyways.
    Ah. Got it.  I stand corrected. It isn’t as bad as I thought it was.  
  • tiomonotiomono Posts: 1,599 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nobody gives a rats patootie about supports.  Not sure why, when, where, how they were conceived but we just don't care.  Wish the devs actually played this game and understood that.
    I like them. I just feel the implementation of them has been clunky but with some adjustments I think they could be really good.
  • DormammuDormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't wait for the support, which only the Hulk can equip, called 'Strength'.
  • mega ghostmega ghost Posts: 1,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    I spent 100 HP on the 120 vault.  Got the 4*.  Done, NEXT!
    I said "Aw, heck" and did the same. I got 50 RISO. Now I'm mad at myself. And the game. And the world.
  • PolarPopBearPolarPopBear Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Supports feel terrible.  Specific character supports feel even worse.  Atleast with ones which can be equiped to a range or all characters you can say you can make mirco adjustments to how that character plays.  With very narrow supports like this one, Okoye, black panther; it feels like they could have just built it into the character to start with but they want you to spend more in game resources ($$$) to make the character complete.
  • Punisher5784Punisher5784 Posts: 3,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Dormammu said:
    I can't wait for the support, which only the Hulk can equip, called 'Strength'.


    I'm waiting for a support for X-Force Wolverine called "Healing" since he has the worst heal of the variants.

    Seriously though, I understood Supports being people, places or items but I do not understand Supports being actual heroes' abilities.. Imagine Ice-Man not being able to make ice because he doesn't have the Ice Maker supports.. it's just silly.

  • HoundofShadowHoundofShadow Posts: 3,519 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love supports.  B) Not just me, but thousands of thousands of players love them as well. I'm waiting for them to implement support in PvP. 

    Will there be any options for bundling supports with 3* using CP instead of HP?

    It's weird to put Vulture in this though. He's the odd one out of all the Infinity War support bundle so far.
  • dr tinykittylovedr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is every new character going to get their own new support now? 

    Once is unfortunate, twice is bad planning,  three times is clearly enemy action. 
Sign In or Register to comment.