Legacy Booster Crafting

Options
Coilbox
Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
Can we have the booster crafting thing separated by sets on legacy too...?

With the release of the new sets and some others rotating into legacy, crafting any desirable card there is just a nightmare due to the card pool size... It's no big deal anyway, right? I mean, it's legacy, and the use of these cards is really limited to very little number of events...

So, could we please have them separated at least by sets?

@Brigby @Oktagon_Daiane

Thanks.

Comments

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes please, also same reason I think Legacy packs in the vault shouldn't cost full price either.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, Origins is discounted, why aren't the legacy packs?
  • Chocostove
    Chocostove Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    There is absolutely zero point in spending your points in legacy. With everything jumbled together, the risk of getting anything close to what I want is way too high. There's tons of cards I'd like to spend my points on, but not if I can't even remotely have a logical chance of achieving my goal. If the concern is too much clutter, make a separate menu.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There is absolutely zero point in spending your points in legacy. With everything jumbled together, the risk of getting anything close to what I want is way too high. There's tons of cards I'd like to spend my points on, but not if I can't even remotely have a logical chance of achieving my goal. If the concern is too much clutter, make a separate menu.
    I'd argue that there's still some worth to spending orbs in legacy.  At half the price of a mythic from a newer set (which many will be shifted to legacy in just a few months anyways) you mine as well get more bang for your buck and get legacy mythics.  There's still legacy events where you can use them (I'd want there to be more though, and specialized legacy events with certain sets only).

Anyways, if you're going to do legacy mythics though, do it before Ixalan hits legacy and all those horrible cards are added to the pile.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For me, crafting Legacy mythics makes no sense. I’m missing 91 and a whole bunch of them are just garbage.  But I did craft the remaining rares and it was definitely worth it.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Anyways, if you're going to do legacy mythics though, do it before Ixalan hits legacy and all those horrible cards are added to the pile.
    Well ... I must say that i really considered XLN as an awful set before rivals came out ... Then XLN cards were upgraded and started to be really interesting.
       There are actually very good mythics among the set : lannery storm, azcanta, adanto, tishana, gisath, lifosaur, Beckett Brass .... these are just a few examples. The only problem is that a lot of them require to build around and rely on the XLN+RXLN block to work at the best ... But there is a lot of fun in this block IMHO.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    been slowly crafting golds in legacy, ehh as far as usefulness for some but the ocd kicks in lol and cheapest so best bang for the buck and what i am missing in newer sets most time just dont seem the effort, just my 2 cents worth
  • Chocostove
    Chocostove Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'd argue that there's still some worth to spending orbs in legacy.  At half the price of a mythic from a newer set (which many will be shifted to legacy in just a few months anyways) you mine as well get more bang for your buck and get legacy mythics.  There's still legacy events where you can use them (I'd want there to be more though, and specialized legacy events with certain sets only).

For sure, I just feel that with in my case over 80+ Mythic cards I don't have, it just feels too random, too muck risk. If you're trying flesh out a particular set, it becomes more logical to spend those orbs on collecting quality rares,as opposed to getting conditional mythics.

That's very true though, get those collections before they hit legacy and it becomes much harder.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My argument against this still is if it's separated everyone is going to target Pig, Olivia, Deploy, etc. TG is just going to be bombarded with the same OP decks and completely miss the idea of being a place to test out new decks. 
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    there is no point in chasing legacy cards but focus on standard. otherwise you won't be competitive in standard which has most events,more rewards and more economically relevant to D3.

standard cards are good enough in legacy environment. I personally use standard in all events even in TG and totp.

I would love to get pig, Olivia, baral and what not. But I've learn how do move on without them. they are no threat to me against my standard decks. moreover, it's unrealistic to be chasing irrelevant legacy cards with 90+ missing.

TG is still bombarded with legacy cards and from my own experience, those legacy decks are not superior to standard decks.
    therefore, I see no problem in segmenting legacy pool for easier  aquisition. legacy packs should be dirt cheap too.
    In fact I can say without hesitation that standard right now is more powerful overall than legacy.
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    training grounds is full already with pigs, olivias and barals and everything...
    And as you guys say, these cards are only of any use in training grounds, which is not much of a problem. It's just a little daily event with infinite charges. 
    what's the trouble..? would it be really 'that' bad? seriously? 
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Theros said:
    there is no point in chasing legacy cards but focus on standard. otherwise you won't be competitive in standard which has most events,more rewards and more economically relevant to D3.

standard cards are good enough in legacy environment. I personally use standard in all events even in TG and totp.

I would love to get pig, Olivia, baral and what not. But I've learn how do move on without them. they are no threat to me against my standard decks. moreover, it's unrealistic to be chasing irrelevant legacy cards with 90+ missing.
    It's good practice to be using Standard decks even for Legacy events like TG to keep your deckbuilding skills honed. And yes the bulk of the rewards currently come from Standard events so it is important to be comfortable building for Standard.

Theros said:
    TG is still bombarded with legacy cards and from my own experience, those legacy decks are not superior to standard decks.
    therefore, I see no problem in segmenting legacy pool for easier  aquisition. legacy packs should be dirt cheap too.
    In fact I can say without hesitation that standard right now is more powerful overall than legacy.
    From my experience my Legacy decks would stomp my Standard decks into the ground. Without the cards yourself, you can't see the cards at their full prowess as the current AI is too dumb to utilise the cards properly.

This isn't the first time this topic has been discussed. See Booster Crafting - Gears Ground to see the same discourse two months earlier.

If people think they want to be able to target specific sets in Legacy, maybe an intermediate option of 4,000 or 4,500 Orbs could be created for targeted crafting in specific Legacy sets.
  • ArielSira
    Options
    4000? Why so many orbs for cards you can't use in most events? Let alone how much time it will take you anyway to complete the collection. Legacy should be cheaper regardless and/or be crafted by set. No need whatsoever to increase the time and cost it takes.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options

For sure, I just feel that with in my case over 80+ Mythic cards I don't have, it just feels too random, too muck risk. If you're trying flesh out a particular set, it becomes more logical to spend those orbs on collecting quality rares,as opposed to getting conditional mythics.

That's very true though, get those collections before they hit legacy and it becomes much harder.
    Yeah it's not a perfect solution, but to follow up with what @Firinmahlazer (omg I just realized what your name means while typing it and that's epic!) said, I wouldn't want to face the same Olivia, Piggy, Deploy combos.  Having those cards mixed with with 100 others makes me feel a bit safer when sleeping at night lol.

I guess I don't see it so much as a risk, because I still remember the times when opening premium(fat) packs only gave you runes and an empty feeling of failure.  Using orbs are still an extra bonus to me and yeah, while I do empathize with the frustration of pulling useless legacy-mythics with orbs (I have a pile accumulating myself), finally getting one of the good mythics you were chasing after makes it all worth it ;)
  • span_argoman
    Options
    ArielSira said:
    4000? Why so many orbs for cards you can't use in most events? Let alone how much time it will take you anyway to complete the collection. Legacy should be cheaper regardless and/or be crafted by set. No need whatsoever to increase the time and cost it takes.
    Because as discussed in the previous topic, 3,000 is guessed to be a discounted price from a mix of Legacy being playable in lesser events and also a discount for being non-targetable.

So if we want to make it targetable, it would make sense that the crafting cost increases to make the different options viable. 3,000 for non-targeted Legacy crafting and 4,000 or 4,500 for targeted Legacy crafting.

Of course we could also just sit here and ask for more just cause we feel like we deserve more, ignoring any attempt to understand things from the developer's perspective. But that is likely to come up with one-sided solutions.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My argument against this still is if it's separated everyone is going to target Pig, Olivia, Deploy, etc. TG is just going to be bombarded with the same OP decks and completely miss the idea of being a place to test out new decks. 
    TG needs a standard and a legacy version, then your problem should be solved.

Other than that, I see no reason for people to own any card there is including olivia etc

• ArielSira
    Options
    ArielSira said:
    Because as discussed in the previous topic, 3,000 is guessed to be a discounted price from a mix of Legacy being playable in lesser events and also a discount for being non-targetable.

So if we want to make it targetable, it would make sense that the crafting cost increases to make the different options viable. 3,000 for non-targeted Legacy crafting and 4,000 or 4,500 for targeted Legacy crafting.

Of course we could also just sit here and ask for more just cause we feel like we deserve more, ignoring any attempt to understand things from the developer's perspective. But that is likely to come up with one-sided solutions.
    It is strictly a Legacy discount as it has the same cost as Origins. This is yet *another* reason it should be cheaper and/or targetable because Origins is Standard as well.

No idea why increasing costs of lesser relevant cards would be a designers perspective either, it just increases time needed. 2500 for Legacy mythics would be ok in my view.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ArielSira said:
    ArielSira said:

It is strictly a Legacy discount as it has the same cost as Origins. This is yet *another* reason it should be cheaper and/or targetable because Origins is Standard as well.

Origins is purposely given a discount to help new players get a baseline collection.  It has nothing to do with the standard/legacy cost split the other sets deal with.  Origins is an exception, by design
  • span_argoman
    Options
    To support what @Mburn7 mentioned, the developers had specifically stated that Origins gets a special discount which was stated in the Booster Crafting Details post
    Origins Set

Since Origins is the basic set of the game and also a classic one, it will remain in Standard and craftable as an individual set. In light of this and its popularity, we decided to make Origins the cheapest Standard set: it is priced as a Legacy Set!
  • ArielSira
    Options
    And how is that a reason to up the price of Legacy? It has less uses than Origins, to make it cheaper or targetable changes nothing but the time it takes to gather enough orbs. It's still a pile that takes years to gather. Making Legacy 4000-4500 would be a massive waste of orbs seeing its so close to Standard sets.