We're gunna sing the doom song now

Options
FindingHeart8
FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2018 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hello mtgpq friends!

With a new incoming set, there will come a lot of fun and amazing cards!

...but...

there will likely be those...other cards...the ones that make you groan when you see Greg play it in a match; the ones we love to rant about in the forums until we're blue in the face.  The next New Perspectives, the next Omniscience, the next Cruel Reality, Hour of Devestation, Sphinx's Decree, Deploy the Gatewatch, Olivia Mobilized for War, the next...

DOOM!

what do you think will be the next card that you'll dread facing every match?  And how will it work?

Here's a list of all the potential cards from the new set that Octagon could convert to mtgpq:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/dominaria

edit: actually here: https://d3go.com/magic-puzzle-quest-dominaria-set-gallery/

Now there is some relativity here, as even though Octagon has tried to make the mtg-to-mtgpq conversions as aligned as possible, there are still cards that don't function the same.

Feel free to also add extra cards outside of this selection if you'd like, as Octagon could always take random cards from previous sets to add as a new overpowered masterpiece.

edit: apparently the set was released around the time I posted this, so feel free to just pull from the selection.  I'm not seeing the masterpiece section, so you can still use your imagination with that.

editedit: they also just released a new masterpiece section, no imagination this time around lol

https://d3go.com/mtgpq-card-list-elite-collection/

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FEAR THE FROG

In all seriousness, depending on how they implement them the Legendary Sorceries will be pretty sweet and terrifying.

Most of the black legendaries are nasty in paper (looking at you Torgaar), and should translate nicely to paper.

Jhoira and her familiar are gonna be super loopy (one draws on historic plays, the other reduces historic costs) in the right setting

Oath of Teferi will probably be directly brought in, and will be terrifying to face (probably bumped to a mythic)

Otherwise, we'll have a better idea when we see the PQ card gallery (should be up very soon)
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    I forecast (if created) this card will be quite problematic:

Danitha Capashen Paragon

Mtgpq's version might be a 8 or less mana cost for this card.  She would probably come with her abilities on the card, with the Aura/Equipment costing 1 less just being converted to "Supports you control cost 1 less to cast."

She'd be an almost impenetrable wall against creatures if merely given deathtouch, she'd work with Path of Mettle (additionally making it cost 1 less to cast), and she'll probably be cheap to play.

Very little setup required for being a huge pain in the tinykitty.  What do you think?
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Yup.  The uncommon legends are the nastiest in paper, and they'll be pretty nasty here too.

What about my boy Keeper of the Flame, or Slimefoot?  Not as loopy, but definitely strong
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The pq card gallery is already online ;)
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    what...but...when did this happen?? :o
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    Good question, probably today.. I bet @brigby will make an announcement later today?
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Good question, probably today.. I bet @brigby will make an announcement later today?
    I have...the best worst timing lol.

I'll edit the original post
  • FindingHeart8
    Options

Lich's Mastery + Voltaic Servant *shiver*
  • Mburn7
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Holy **** I called it. Jhoira + Familiar = Infinite loop (possibly)

Jodah seems very fun.

Kicker seems pretty sweet, just drain mana and you're good to go.

I don't get why they added abilities to things (maybe to consolidate cards?) but there are some powerful looking things there.

and I called it with Oath of Teferi!  2 for 2!!
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    I have...the best worst timing lol.

I'll edit the original post
    I
     have to admit I had to smile a bit about that legendary timing. But :you can directly test your idea!
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Baird + Dauntless Bodyguard is going to be a problem. Especially in Teferi/Dovin decks where you can use Stratus Walk. Basically it's the new Runaway Carriage.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Saprolings all day every day!!!
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think a Boros themed Valduk deck with lots of controlling supports is going to be really annoying to play against...

But I think the angels are clearly the best set tribal.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    I actually facepalmed when I saw this.  CORRECTIONS ROUND 2
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    Feel free to dm me whenever you want to post something :smiley:
    But anyway, I liked the original post! Your ideas were quite interesting, even after seeing the full set!
  • FindingHeart8
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Feel free to dm me whenever you want to post something :smiley:
    But anyway, I liked the original post! Your ideas were quite interesting, even after seeing the full set!
    I'll keep that in mind ;)

and thank you!
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    so...anyone know how the masterpiece Flash is going to work?  Can spells in your hand be disabled somehow now?

• Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    Tip the right to corner so it gets gray? The question is.. Can the ai do it?
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Anybody else notice the difference between their Gilded Lotus and ours?
    Must be an old rough draft.