We're gunna sing the doom song now

Options

Comments

• DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    khurram said:
    People need to stop comparing those cards to runaway carriage. Not the same.
    Not the same, but the concept is similar. Make a unit that can’t be killed with damage and can’t be targeted. Defeat, settle, and doomfall do help to fight it, though. 

Im just saying it has the potential to be as irritating and/or sigh-worthy. Torgaar is gonna be the real bananas though.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DumasAG said:
    khurram said:
    People need to stop comparing those cards to runaway carriage. Not the same.
    Not the same, but the concept is similar. Make a unit that can’t be killed with damage and can’t be targeted. Defeat, settle, and doomfall do help to fight it, though. 

Im just saying it has the potential to be as irritating and/or sigh-worthy. Torgaar is gonna be the real bananas though.

That's the thing... We have the tools now. Not having them back then was part of the problem.
  • DumasAG
    Options
    I was wrong, Verix Bladewing is the most irritating card from Dominaria
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DumasAG said:
    I almost never get the token out when I play him, unless I want the direct damage.

But my opponent always gets the token.  Super irritating
  • DumasAG
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    DumasAG said:
    I almost never get the token out when I play him, unless I want the direct damage.

But my opponent always gets the token.  Super irritating
    Literally always. I had to go back and read the card just now to realize you don't just get the token. I've never had Verix cast and not seen the token, and I face Verix in Training Grounds every 3 or 4 matches now.
  • boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I won't play verix unless there are 8 red gems... that token is bonkers good.  I might throw the Karox support in decks if it were an independent support card at 18 cost.  Of course... it is currently bugged to be even better than it should be.

• Mburn7
    Options
    Oooh, non DOM doom song imput:

Omniscience is being reprinted in Core 2019 at mythic level.

We will be able to craft Omni (possibly)

Therefore:  We will ALL HAVE AN OMNI

I see no possible issues
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

I see no possible issues
    Ah, yes.  No issues whatsoever!  I splendid addition...what could possibly go wrong?

httpsviewerscommentaryfileswordpresscom201605x-men-apocalypse-nukesjpg

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe we should directly start a petition not to reprint this one particular card
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Maybe we should directly start a petition not to reprint this one particular card
    it's a viscous card in paper mtg too (and usually comes attache to an instsant-win combo) however it's also really expensive to cast in paper mtg.

In mtgpq it's pretty darn cheap considering the power it packs
  • boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Omni isn't so OP to play against with the removal of Whir and some other cards from standard.  You can't really loop it anymore.  it's just really really really good.  they went to pretty extreme lengths to keep it out of circulation in HOU... it took months for it to hit the purple pack.  If hibernum didn't kick the bucket and extend the life of the HOU purple pack set (along with the re-roll policy timing), we'd see a lot less of it in circulation too.  I'd be surprised to see it again in PQ since they don't use whole sets and we've never seen a duplicate card before.
  • DumasAG
    Options
    boopers said:
    I won't play verix unless there are 8 red gems... that token is bonkers good.  I might throw the Karox support in decks if it were an independent support card at 18 cost.  Of course... it is currently bugged to be even better than it should be.

Yeah, the support alone is great. The body is basically just a bonus. Had someone playing this and cruel reality together in training grounds. My Standard Legal creatures had a hard time sticking around. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

I see no possible issues
    Not as long as they keep it as a masterpiece in PQ. 
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Probably will be omitted from the Core 2019 packs. We've already seen that cards that are reprinted are just ignored when it comes to the cards being put in later sets. Tormenting Voice being in both Shadows over Innistrad and Amonkhet comes to mind as an example of this.

Plus considering the divisive nature of the card, with many people considering it an over powered card, they are very unlikely to put it in as a craftable card
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They'll probably make Omniscience the prize an event which they run week after week after week after week, so that everyone winds up with 16 copies of it.  Like The Immortal Sun or Firesong & Sunspeaker.

Or they'll put it in the default deck of a new planeswalker, charge $50 for it, and then announce that they didn't realize it would become an auto-include, Nerf it, and then give everyone 80 crystals.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So I know you're being sarcastic there, but I'm going to put my money on this being the event mythic. Sunsong and Firespeaker was the buy-a-box promo mythic for Dominaria, and Nexus of Fate is the one for Core 2019, so it would make sense to use it. How this card will translate into the game, however, I'm not sure. I can't see them making a spell that just gives an extra swap.
  • HarryMason
    HarryMason Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm in a bear suit !
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    wereotter said:

So I know you're being sarcastic there, but I'm going to put my money on this being the event mythic. Sunsong and Firespeaker was the buy-a-box promo mythic for Dominaria, and Nexus of Fate is the one for Core 2019, so it would make sense to use it. How this card will translate into the game, however, I'm not sure. I can't see them making a spell that just gives an extra swap.
    this card shouldn't exist.  In paper form or mtgpq form.  It's too darn easy to exploit.

I can think of 5 different ways just off the top of my head for infinite turn combos
  • Mburn7
    Options
    wereotter said:

this card shouldn't exist.  In paper form or mtgpq form.  It's too darn easy to exploit.

I can think of 5 different ways just off the top of my head for infinite turn combos
    What about the Magistrate's Scepter that's getting a reprint?

I think I could make that go infinite with my **** paper collection.  And in PQ it'll be like Gonti's Heart 2.0
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    wereotter said:

What about the Magistrate's Scepter that's getting a reprint?

I think I could make that go infinite with my tinykitty paper collection.  And in PQ it'll be like Gonti's Heart 2.0
    I didn't know they're bringing back Magistrate's Scepter too.  It's almost like Wizards wants people to stop playing the game.

I run that card in my charge-counter deck and can pull infinite-turns off it by turn 6.  I usually offer to take it out of my deck when starting a match with a player, out of desire for good sportsmanship.  It's rare that I meet a player that doesn't wish me to take it out before game start.

Well mtg is getting bought out after all right?