Please stop blaming the Devs

1235»

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Funny, D3 has a job opening for Digital Marketing Manager.

https://d3go.com/your-career/

I wonder what happened to the last one?!?

some highlights:

“D3 Go! is looking for an aggressive and growth-minded individual to help us expand the userbase of our growing portfolio of mobile games including Marvel Puzzle Quest, Magic: The Gathering – Puzzle Quest, Adventure Time Puzzle Quest and many more to come!”

• Analyzes campaign performance and provides optimization solutions for maximizing return on investment.
    • Collaborates with Product Development team to create and evolve strategies to improve game KPIs, including initial designs for features to improve acquisition or monetization.
    Snap.

I could do that job for free on my spare time and probably be more effective than someone they hire since I have a ton of MPQ experience as a player - which would be a great qualification for the job. I also am very familiar with MTG, well the card game, not the match game.  

I will help D3 out here by giving them a big key to optimize return on investment (for MPQ) - fix your in-game economy and what real world money can purchase.  Make it worthwhile for me to buy something.  I want to spend money on your game but there isn't anything worth purchasing based on  your price points.  You have really overestimated the value of your in-game currencies.  If I spent $100 on any other mobile game, it would be a big deal.  It is a mere pittance for MPQ, same for anything less too. Don't get caught up in play time since you can effectively play the game for free if you spend a bunch of time.  You will get more money from the players who want to spend less time playing the game but willing to pay for decent resources. As a finance/economics person, I look at what $ can buy in the game and the only worthwhile purchase is the $2/mo. HP purchase to obtain the old intercepts rewards.  I have even stopped purchasing VIP after I realized how little return I get for it.  VIP is the next best $ deal (at least offered on a normal basis).    
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Well... this took off a lot more than I expected in my OP...

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Straycat said:
    JHawkInc said:
    At no point is a lack of communication an excuse for toxic behavior.
    And at no point is toxic communication an excuse for a lack of communication with your paying customers.
    Waiters must love you. Spending money doesn't give anyone a pass for their behavior. They communicate what they need to, updates and changes and such. Everything beyond that is at their discretion.
    VIP rewards don't list communication as a perk
    Your analogy is flawed.
    You're working on the assumption we're a toxic community because we're all a bunch of entitled snobs.

Using the restaurant analogy, it's more that the waitor comes out, trips, spills the soup all over me and then when I turn to say something angrily I find he's run back into the kitchen to hide in a cupboard until an hour later the manager gives me a £10 voucher and I leave.

Whereas I might not have been so angry if he'd apologised and worked to try to sort the issue out immediately.

Clear and open communication, especially when big changes happen, is key in most businesses. If the customer is willing to listen, the workers should be ready to tell the truth of the situation. The customer might still be angry, but they'll be less angry than if you went radio silence and basically expected them to put up and shut up.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I’m a customer and I’m enjoying my onion soup just fine. I jut want to continue to eat my meal in peace and separate myself from the unruly entitled customers that need to have their meal their way because they think they are entitled to some 5* level of customer service since they bought a Groupon to let them in the door for the first time while I’ve been paying full price and coming regularly since the restaurant opened. Act like you’ve been there before and that you deserve to be there again. 
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Warbringa said:
    Funny, D3 has a job opening for Digital Marketing Manager.

https://d3go.com/your-career/

I wonder what happened to the last one?!?

some highlights:

“D3 Go! is looking for an aggressive and growth-minded individual to help us expand the userbase of our growing portfolio of mobile games including Marvel Puzzle Quest, Magic: The Gathering – Puzzle Quest, Adventure Time Puzzle Quest and many more to come!”

• Analyzes campaign performance and provides optimization solutions for maximizing return on investment.
    • Collaborates with Product Development team to create and evolve strategies to improve game KPIs, including initial designs for features to improve acquisition or monetization.
    Snap.

I want to spend money on your game but there isn't anything worth purchasing based on  your price points.  You have really overestimated the value of your in-game currencies.  If I spent $100 on any other mobile game, it would be a big deal.  It is a mere pittance for MPQ,
    Firstly I'll Address the job opportunity. The game is in its 5th year, the free to play market is flooded.
    The majority of people I know are reigning in all spending on these types of games. Whoever lands the job  good luck with that. 🤣

I agree with warbringas comments regarding the price of some MPQ products,  simply not worth it.

To the author of the opening post, some people still purchase mpq products. These people have every right to complain if they are not happy with the game.
    It's like buying a mobile phone and only keys 1 to 5 work. You gonna sit there and not blame the developers?
    Complain away guys, blame the developers all feedback is welcome... allegedly.  B)
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I’m a customer and I’m enjoying my onion soup just fine. I jut want to continue to eat my meal in peace and separate myself from the unruly entitled customers that need to have their meal their way because they think they are entitled to some 5* level of customer service since they bought a Groupon to let them in the door for the first time while I’ve been paying full price and coming regularly since the restaurant opened. Act like you’ve been there before and that you deserve to be there again. 
    Customer service is customer service whether you have a voucher or not. Full paying customers can still be **** and voucher paying customers can still be the nicest ones that the waiter has had that night.
  • NeonBlue
    NeonBlue Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2018
    Is it French onion soup? Because I will fight you for it. If done even halfway decently, french onion soup is amazing.