MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2018 Edition *Updated (5/30/18)

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This sounds familiar... :)
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    jamesh said:
    I guess that explains why we've got Peggy Carter coming up as placement awards and then progression for both story and versus: there's an in-game news post advertising the Exiles issue featuring her.

I wonder if it is going to be a 4* versus tournament after Black Widow, or if she'll just be a progression award in Captain Marvel's tournament?
    And probably becoming feeder for CWCap on thursday...
    We haven't had a feeder for a Latest Legends fivestar yet, I doubt we will get a feeder for a brand new one. If Peggy becomes a feeder, it will probably be for Civil War Cap.
    However, the Black Panther feeder came sooner than expected, so it may be we aren't getting a feeder this time around. They may have run Black Panther early to leave room to feature Peggy heavily without making her a fivestar feeder.
    I approve of featuring Peggy heavily by the way. She's awesome.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Smart80 said:
    jamesh said:
    I guess that explains why we've got Peggy Carter coming up as placement awards and then progression for both story and versus: there's an in-game news post advertising the Exiles issue featuring her.

I wonder if it is going to be a 4* versus tournament after Black Widow, or if she'll just be a progression award in Captain Marvel's tournament?
    We haven't had a feeder for a Latest Legends fivestar yet, I doubt we will get a feeder for a brand new one. If Peggy becomes a feeder, it will probably be for Civil War Cap.
    Yes, that's what Smart said.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Smart80 said:
    jamesh said:

However, the Black Panther feeder came sooner than expected, so it may be we aren't getting a feeder this time around. They may have run Black Panther early to leave room to feature Peggy heavily without making her a fivestar feeder.
    I approve of featuring Peggy heavily by the way. She's awesome.
    As BBR already commented on the first part, i will not pile on.. ;-)

I know it could be that we wont get a feeder and they just moved things around with bp4/5, but i choose to stay positive and hope for 2 feeders per season.. :-)

And always loved her, eventhough i never get to use her anymore because of 5* tier and passive power nerf. 
  • Quebbster
    Options

Yeah, I certainly won't mind Another feeder. Well, I would mind a Little bit since my Civil War Cap is 5/0/2 so any more yellow covers are wasted, but at least my Peggy is high enough up that I already got the LT from that level. I will just have to see it as a gift of 2000 ISO instead.

I really hope they do Peggy's PvP though. Particularly if they reuse the reward structure from the first run with extra covers in progression.

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Quebbster said:

Yeah, I certainly won't mind Another feeder. Well, I would mind a Little bit since my Civil War Cap is 5/0/2 so any more yellow covers are wasted, but at least my Peggy is high enough up that I already got the LT from that level. I will just have to see it as a gift of 2000 ISO instead.

I really hope they do Peggy's PvP though. Particularly if they reuse the reward structure from the first run with extra covers in progression.

My CWCap is 5/0/2 as well and a dupe at 2/0/0. My Peggy would make them 5/1/3 and 3/0/0 and 10 or so Peggy covers away from 9th yellow..
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Will the Heavily Guarded node in Thick as Thieves go away after sub 1 ends? Thanks in advance.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gmtosca said:
    Will the Heavily Guarded node in Thick as Thieves go away after sub 1 ends? Thanks in advance.
    It stays the whole time the event is running.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thank you :smiley:
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby when are we going to get an updated version of the MPQ Sneak Peek May 2018 Edition? 
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This seems like such a no-brainer.  And shouldn’t  stop adding of new feeders since there should be multiple 4’s feeding each 5 in the long run.
    I don't think they're going to do that.  The 4* tier is much bigger than any other tier, and they're still trying to restrict access to 5*.  I think each 5* is going to get one designated 4* feeder, and the rest of the 4* will keep LTs at those reward levels.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(5/08/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is precisely as I thought it would be, keeps the release order rule intact.  Cap followed JJ.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got 2 red covers for new Cap in his release store. Got lucky. Last time got Jessica when she entered the Latest. Hopefully I get lucky again with Iron Spider. I have been saving up my CP for it.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I really don't get it.   

They do realize that this rapid move of a new character into the 5* essential node actually PROMOTES hoarding, right?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options

Good news on PVP 3* order front - the Cap M was a bait and switch with Peggy featured.  Looks like they had Spidey early for Comic Book day.

Punisher is "correctly" next in order, then should be Hawkeye, but looks like Cage (who is after Hawkeye).  So some what back to the regular schedule.  Hawkeye might join Shulk on the forgotten pile!

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Punter1 said:

Good news on PVP 3* order front - the Cap M was a bait and switch with Peggy featured.  Looks like they had Spidey early for Comic Book day.

Punisher is "correctly" next in order, then should be Hawkeye, but looks like Cage (who is after Hawkeye).  So some what back to the regular schedule.  Hawkeye might join Shulk on the forgotten pile!

Don’t worry. Hawkeye will return for Avengers 4 when they discover arrows are Thanos’ only weakness!
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just want one shot of Rocket and Thanos staring each other down. The size difference would make for a fantastic visual.

Requiring the 5* Cap right out of the gate like that is a mucho buzzkill.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Punter1 said:

Don’t worry. Hawkeye will return for Avengers 4 when they discover arrows are Thanos’ only weakness!

Are they Silver arrows..?