Infinity War - Daily Token Gifts! (4/27/18)

Options
123457»

Comments

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Today I got a 2* Cull Obsidian. First Support token gift that is not a duplicate.
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    best I've done is a 3 star Ebony from a silver one.  My gold support token gave me a 2 star Corivus.

They just sit on the support tab for now...
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got a 3* Sharon Carter from the advanced token. So oddly enough, from the 7 Black Order tokens I've now had the opportunity to open, still not a single Child of Thanos. Which is fine, considering they're all similarly useless, but an odd bit of RNG.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,749 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the freebies, only missing 3 that aren’t stones and have 78k iso from all the dupes. Not done anything with them, should really put them on my annoying DDQ 2 stars to try to speed that up but I find the menus to use the things far to much of a faff.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got a rank 3 Korg from the last token. Considering GladiaThor may be my most played character at the moment, that made me happy.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I believe all four of my last free tokens were Proxima Midnight, so...that turned into a fair chunk of red iso and I now have a rank four version of her...my only rank 4 support.  She's still at level 1, but my Element Guns, Lucky, Milano and Wong appreciate the levels they got.
  • Shintok17
    Options
    My token today gave me a Rank 3 Shield. I was not using this Support anyway so next. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,261 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got a 4* Corvus Glaive for my last token. Cool it was a 4* I guess, but it isn't providing anything my team was starving for, so I guess it'll get assigned to some rando and forgotten about.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    My token today gave me a Rank 3 Shield. I was not using this Support anyway so next. 
    My wife had one equipped to 3cap.  I didn't know and was using her cap/IM40 combo on a wave node for her.  I told her this way, you don't eat  Healtpacks.  Boy was I wrong.  The shield support kept destroying Caps on board shields to deal a paltry amount of damage.  Got through the wave but took way more damage than I had anticipated.  Very annoying support.  Not well thought out in my opinion.
  • Shintok17
    Options
    Lopan15 said:
    Shintok17 said:
    My wife had one equipped to 3cap.  I didn't know and was using her cap/IM40 combo on a wave node for her.  I told her this way, you don't eat  Healtpacks.  Boy was I wrong.  The shield support kept destroying Caps on board shields to deal a paltry amount of damage.  Got through the wave but took way more damage than I had anticipated.  Very annoying support.  Not well thought out in my opinion.
    The reason why I don't use it is because my 5* old Cap only has a Red cover so I don't really use him. I would not get a lot of countdown tiles to make good use of the Shield support. My new 5* Cap is very useful since I have 2 Red covers and he is boosted, but does not have count down tiles for me to do anything good with that support. I don't use my champed 3* Cap unless he is essential, so not worth it. If I get a 5* support for the Shield then I would level it up just for the extra Health and put it on who ever I would use that event. Currently the only Support that I regularly use and it fires amazingly every match and sometimes more than once is my 5* Wong, which I have at level 81 and equipped on champ 3* Strange.
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Got nothing useful from the entire offering, and now it's done.  #thanksfornothing

Can we please no go back to before supports were released and remove them from the game.  It's just demoralizing as is.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Thanks for this! It doesn't resolve any of the issues we've been discussing, but it's a nice consolation gift. I'll be tracking my pulls in this post and editing it with updates each day.

Balancing the Universe Vault:
    • 4/27 - 2* Moonstone, 2* Hawkeye, 50 RISO.
    • 4/28 - 2* Human Torch, 2* Bullseye, 2* Daken.
    • 4/29 - 2* Bullseye, 2* Black Widow, 2* Daken.
    • 4/30 - 2* Captain America, 2* Captain Marvel, 3* Steve Rogers.

Well, that was disappointing. Ten 2* covers, one 3* cover, and 50 RISO. I also made 5 additional pulls for 100 HP each, and got a 2* cover each time. This vault is way too much of a let down to continue with it any further.

Black Order store tokens:
    • 5/1 - 2* Lucky (Pizza Dog), 1* Proxima Midnight.
    • 5/2 - 1* Ebony Maw, 1* Corvus Glaive.
    • 5/3 - 3* Cull Obsidian.
    • 5/4 - 3* Quinjet.

All said and done: meh. Even the 3* supports offer next to nothing and with no real way to earn more supports they feel like (digital) dead weight. I appreciate the free gifts but a bunch of 2* covers and practically useless supports don't exactly whet my appetite for the new feature or feel like a celebration of Infinity War. I'd say it's like getting socks for Christmas, but socks actually end up getting used.

The Free Comic Book Day 3* Spider-Man cover was more useful and ultimately more exciting than this entire offering.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Got a rank 3 Korg from the last token. Considering GladiaThor may be my most played character at the moment, that made me happy.
    I got 3korg from the h4h tokens at initial release, and it's the only support I even notice since gladiathor triggers it constantly.
    Just got 4* ebony maw from the last giveaway, so that should make vulture happy.