2* Farming (another thread? really?)

124»

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hadronic said:
    It's "unlimited" in that the game hasn't imposed a fixed limit - you are only limited by the amount of time you are willing to play.  The same is not true of HP and CP.  The game does not offer repeatable content which rewards HP and CP indefinitely.  You earn progression rewards once, placement rewards once, node rewards 6 times, resupply once, etc., etc.
    PvP awards 2* covers in addition to ISO, that can be converted to ISO, HP and CP through farming 2*. None of the resources are limited by your definition. 

If we account for limited matches in a day, then all resources are limited in a day.

There is no message that pops up that says, sorry you hit your daily ISO cap for the day, same with HP and same with CP.

The devs chose to distribute these 3 resources differently so the limits manifest themselves slightly differently, but they are still there. They are aware of the limits and provide methods to purchase more if needed on all 3 currencies. 
    YES!  Thank you, you've finally made my point.  Farming is the mechanism that turns HP/CP from a resource with a hard limit to one that is only limited by the amount of time you are willing to play.

While there is no message that alerts you, there are hard limits to the HP/CP you can earn without farming.  In fact, most competitive players reach this point every day.  Personally, if I wanted to earn more HP/CP today....I couldn't.  I've completed DDQ, the Prologue, hit max progression in PvE, and since points now go to zero in PvE I couldn't possibly hit progression there.  If I needed more HP or CP for something right now my only options would be to spend or farm.

The same is not true for ISO.  I could continue playing PvP matches earning ISO for as long as I was willing or able to play.
    While I agree with you, you COULD, in theory, go the Shams route and play SO MUCH PVP that you get enough 2* covers to effectively earn more HP and CP.
    But yes, for 99.999% of players, farming pvp means farming ISO, not other resources.
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards
    I assume those post -ISO farm just for the HP and tokens though. I don't know how big that player base is, but there are a quite a few around. 

I farm purely for ISO. I always seem to have someone to sell just at the right time... I am currently wrestling with whether to sell 3* Daredevil and Spidey but only have one spare cover in each. 
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle said:
    Hadronic said:
    It's "unlimited" in that the game hasn't imposed a fixed limit - you are only limited by the amount of time you are willing to play.  The same is not true of HP and CP.  The game does not offer repeatable content which rewards HP and CP indefinitely.  You earn progression rewards once, placement rewards once, node rewards 6 times, resupply once, etc., etc.
    PvP awards 2* covers in addition to ISO, that can be converted to ISO, HP and CP through farming 2*. None of the resources are limited by your definition. 

If we account for limited matches in a day, then all resources are limited in a day.

There is no message that pops up that says, sorry you hit your daily ISO cap for the day, same with HP and same with CP.

The devs chose to distribute these 3 resources differently so the limits manifest themselves slightly differently, but they are still there. They are aware of the limits and provide methods to purchase more if needed on all 3 currencies. 
    YES!  Thank you, you've finally made my point.  Farming is the mechanism that turns HP/CP from a resource with a hard limit to one that is only limited by the amount of time you are willing to play.

While there is no message that alerts you, there are hard limits to the HP/CP you can earn without farming.  In fact, most competitive players reach this point every day.  Personally, if I wanted to earn more HP/CP today....I couldn't.  I've completed DDQ, the Prologue, hit max progression in PvE, and since points now go to zero in PvE I couldn't possibly hit progression there.  If I needed more HP or CP for something right now my only options would be to spend or farm.

The same is not true for ISO.  I could continue playing PvP matches earning ISO for as long as I was willing or able to play.
    While I agree with you, you COULD, in theory, go the Shams route and play SO MUCH PVP that you get enough 2* covers to effectively earn more HP and CP.
    But yes, for 99.999% of players, farming pvp means farming ISO, not other resources.
    I know, the conversion from those 2* covers to HP and CP is farming.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker

You proved my point too, its still limited.