Infinity War “Event”

124»

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    I just want to give the devs a huge slow clap for doing jack squat for all this. Really showing that dedication to making this a lasting game that keeps old players engaged and hooks new players. Support that are impossible to attain and new variant characters, I just can't take anymore excitement, especially after seeing IW... don't think my heart could take it.

Fwiw too, IW had the fiance wanting to get back into the game. Opened it up and saw HoD being the big event... immediately close the app.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    I'm still crossing my fingers that when the movie release was bumped up a week it was too late to adjust the app update/release schedule, and that we're getting an event to coincide with the Infinity Season. I'm leaning towards optimism here just because: 

1) Even with resources tied up in Supports, they knew this movie was coming since the game started, how could they possibly have done so little for it when considerably smaller movie releases got dedicated events? They've probably had ideas for this in place for years.
    2) We still haven't gotten info on the Infinity Season.
    3) We still have no PvE events announced after Honor Among Thieves.
    4) They've been conspicuously silent about this whole affair. Maybe they're not even saying "Hey everyone, SOMETHING is incoming, please be patient" because enough people that hoarded HP and CP in anticipation have been spending it on their place-holder vaults and daily deals. A new event out of nowhere will make many people buy resources twice. No sense in undercutting their profit.
    5) The Marvel.com article said:
    We gave you a taste of Supports early this month, you can expect plenty of Infinity War tie-in items and bonuses to help your heroes throughout the Event, kicking off starting on April 24!

The Balancing the Universe vault ends in ~18 hours. They'll probably wait for that to finish and then make their announcements, which would then happen on Tuesday, 5/1 at some point in the afternoon in EST (which would be the beginning of the workday on their time.)
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    3: I can tell you this,  it's just a run of the mill story event
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Next event is probably Venom Bomb for IWBW covers or a rerun of Thanos, just because
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    ursopro said:
    Next event is probably Venom Bomb for IWBW covers or a rerun of Thanos, just because
    Maybe! I'd just have expected some info by now if it was, the Sneak Peak thread isn't even updated, and there was talk of providing info last week but then that never happened.

If there is no Infinity War event and on top of that the run-of-the-mill event is Venom Bomb, however, that would be too much of a slap in the face to endure.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    ursopro said:
    Maybe! I'd just have expected some info by now if it was, the Sneak Peak thread isn't even updated, and there was talk of providing info last week but then that never happened.

If there is no Infinity War event and on top of that the run-of-the-mill event is Venom Bomb, however, that would be too much of a slap in the face to endure.
    I am very sad at this point, but be prepared.  
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    The most likely pves are MR&G 3 day, Unstable Iso8, and Strange Sights,based on how long ago they ran.  Although devs like 4 day new releases most of the time.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    The most likely pves are MR&G 3 day, Unstable Iso8, and Strange Sights,based on how long ago they ran.  Although devs like 4 day new releases most of the time.
    What will be worse is an old event tied to a new release AND be a 3 day event so PVP and PVE end 1 hour apart.  That would be a massive kick in the stomach if that happens.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Point 2 has been addressed somehow weeks back, unless you want full detail.
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I think that what's going on is that Marvel controls what IW tie-ins can be implemented, and that they are not working with MPQ on this. Whether that's because the MPQ devs didn't pay enough to get fuller IW licensing, or because Marvel wanted to control this new content rather tightly, we don't know.