Infinity War “Event”

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:
    I was not here for Crash of the Mad Titan. What is the hype over it. Can anyone enlighten me.
    You know Crash of the Titans, the 1v1 4* fight in DDQ?

That. Every day. Against 5* Thanos (who was brand new at the time). 1v1 fight, but you get a limited selection to choose from (one day was a Guardians day, and you could choose 4* Star Lord, Drax, or 3* Rocket & Groot for your 1v1 fight)

Also double ISO. Also the LTs were for the new "get Thanos" store.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Shintok17 said:
    I was not here for Crash of the Mad Titan. What is the hype over it. Can anyone enlighten me.
    It was basically an extra daily DDQ on top of the one we were already having, except it was giving double iso, and for the crash, you could pick from a selection of I think 3 characters (a 3, a 4, or a 5). 
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Can we at least have a week of double ISO? Purple and red included?
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018
    I'm holding off on buying the shield level 8 pack to see if anything new in game can possibly justify wanting anything that comes in the pack. I'm going to guess I'll skip this pack.

There is no way I'm chasing supports the way they currently are 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Thank you all for the info. It sounds fun. Let's bring it back.

• djrdjr
    djrdjr Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Please run Cho's intro so i can finally find out if people of Mountfort get saved
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow.  We got a vault now.  Ooooooo.  That is exciting.   So money grab with no new event yet.  Awesome. 
  • twistmonkey
    twistmonkey Posts: 79 Match Maker

Very surprised at the lack of actual 'stuff' we're getting due to the release of Infinity War.

New characters (which don't count, given they come out on a regular pattern, movie or no movie), new supports (which, as has been discussed in other threads, we cannot actually level barring ridiculous $$$) and a 300 item vault? Is that really it? Did I miss something?

A game who's main hook is the marvel license, decides it clearly doesn't want to monetise the biggest movie release in its parent company's history - doesn't sound like smart business sense to me.

Guess I'll see you guys in Marvel Strike Force...

• The rockett

Guess I'll see you guys in Marvel Strike Force...

This line right here is what I am seeing more and more from players.  Many in MPQ are moving into this direction to MSF, even some of the biggest whales and long time supports of this game.  
  • twistmonkey
    twistmonkey Posts: 79 Match Maker

Yep, whales and moderate spenders (like myself) have moved over to MSF. Obviously these kind of long-term goal FTP games are more interesting at the start when you're levelling stuff up and unlocking abilities, but that game definitely values your time more than MPQ.

That, and the alliance raids needing actual team work are a breath of fresh air compared to MPQ, and it's all wrapped up in the marvel license - I'd definitely recommend it if you haven't tried it already.

• ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    This is literally Christmas all over again...

Wait, is actually worst, at least during xmas we got the 12 days thingy PepeHands
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    The devs have been spending majority of the time working on supports, and in their eyes, this is the big content drop with the whole MCU tie in. Supports in general generated a very lukewarm response from the community, and now the players are a bit mad that nothing interesting is being done. But alas nothing can be done now, since all the time was already spent on support development. It's going to be a slow one
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    To be honest I am completely underwhelmed so far. We had a rehash of an old boss event, will end up with 3 new characters and some new supports. I mean, is this it?   The biggest movie in MCU history, could be one of the top grossing films ever and this is all we get? I hope they have something else in the works but if this is it, this is sad.  

Mad for a new character, while yes it is cool but it’s not anything that’s shocking.  Hey look a new MCU and their is new characters tied to it.  At least with Black Panther we got a new PVE with some new tiles.  Like it or not, it’s diffetent and not the same stale product we have dealt with for years now.  Guess we will see soon.  
    100% this. The dev team should have been well aware what a huge event Infinity War is going to be and had plenty of time to prepare something for the player base to get excited about but so far it's all been very lackluster.  Looking over the various press releases and information provided on the forum, it doesn't seem like there is going to be a special Infinity War event. I am hoping that secretly the devs have an ace up their sleeves, but I won't hold my breath.

It's also very off-putting that essentially all the new content tied to the event is locked behind vaults and packs. This was a great opportunity to court players new and old, but I fail to see how this overemphasis on supports achieves that. To be clear, I have no problem with supports as a concept but they should have never been "the game plan" to celebrate what will most certainly be one of the biggest MCU events.

The focus should have been on creating an event (or more generously, events) that would attract new players and excite the existing player base. This would have been a perfect time to open up a new prologue section that was tied to the "coming of Thanos". Or a new PvE event that focused on collecting these new Infinity Stone supports to battle Thanos and the Black Order. It would have been awesome for the Black Order and the Outriders to replace the Dark Avengers as the main opponents in PvE.

The questions the dev team should have focused on preparing for Infinity War were:

"What can we do that will help us get new players and bring back players who have quit?"
    "What can we do that will excite the player base as a whole?"

Unfortunately, what has been provided thus far has been underwhelming.

And since I am on my soapbox, I just want to state for the record that I still find the original release of 5* Thanos puzzling.  It would have made more sense to release him for Infinity War.

At the very least, they should re-run Crash of the Mad Titan. But even then, I don't think I can shake the feeling that the dev team really dropped the ball on this one.

*gets off soapbox, sits in the corner and sheds mighty manly tears for missed opportunities*

You know the game is in a bad state when F4TD starts to criticize.
    Never thought I'd see the day.
    Right?!?? I literally gasped!
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle said:
    To be honest I am completely underwhelmed so far. We had a rehash of an old boss event, will end up with 3 new characters and some new supports. I mean, is this it?   The biggest movie in MCU history, could be one of the top grossing films ever and this is all we get? I hope they have something else in the works but if this is it, this is sad.  

Mad for a new character, while yes it is cool but it’s not anything that’s shocking.  Hey look a new MCU and their is new characters tied to it.  At least with Black Panther we got a new PVE with some new tiles.  Like it or not, it’s diffetent and not the same stale product we have dealt with for years now.  Guess we will see soon.  
    100% this. The dev team should have been well aware what a huge event Infinity War is going to be and had plenty of time to prepare something for the player base to get excited about but so far it's all been very lackluster.  Looking over the various press releases and information provided on the forum, it doesn't seem like there is going to be a special Infinity War event. I am hoping that secretly the devs have an ace up their sleeves, but I won't hold my breath.

It's also very off-putting that essentially all the new content tied to the event is locked behind vaults and packs. This was a great opportunity to court players new and old, but I fail to see how this overemphasis on supports achieves that. To be clear, I have no problem with supports as a concept but they should have never been "the game plan" to celebrate what will most certainly be one of the biggest MCU events.

The focus should have been on creating an event (or more generously, events) that would attract new players and excite the existing player base. This would have been a perfect time to open up a new prologue section that was tied to the "coming of Thanos". Or a new PvE event that focused on collecting these new Infinity Stone supports to battle Thanos and the Black Order. It would have been awesome for the Black Order and the Outriders to replace the Dark Avengers as the main opponents in PvE.

The questions the dev team should have focused on preparing for Infinity War were:

"What can we do that will help us get new players and bring back players who have quit?"
    "What can we do that will excite the player base as a whole?"

Unfortunately, what has been provided thus far has been underwhelming.

And since I am on my soapbox, I just want to state for the record that I still find the original release of 5* Thanos puzzling.  It would have made more sense to release him for Infinity War.

At the very least, they should re-run Crash of the Mad Titan. But even then, I don't think I can shake the feeling that the dev team really dropped the ball on this one.

*gets off soapbox, sits in the corner and sheds mighty manly tears for missed opportunities*

You know the game is in a bad state when F4TD starts to criticize.
    Never thought I'd see the day.
    Right?!?? I literally gasped!

All I can say is, I cannot agree with him more. It feels like such a massive own-goal, to not really push Infinity War in game in all sorts of ways, a new event with new characters, maybe give away some new supports, and some new enemies. And that is without probably consideration - you could re-skin the whole game for the next month, e.g. Thanos' Daily Quest, PvP events around main characters from the Film, and so on.

Just disappointing right now.
  • The rockett
    Somebody pointed this out in another thread.  Guess we will never see the Black Order as playable characters.  The more and more I read about the movie, just saw what Marvel Future Fight is doing, seeing the tie ins from Marvel and we get 3 new chars.  That’s it.  There are no words on how bad this is.  
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not holding my breath, but MAYBE they will drop some surprise on us tomorrow that they've been amazingly tight-lipped about. If this is really all they've cobbled together for the movie that ten years of the MCU has been building up to, then surely someone(s) is losing their job(s) over it. 
  • The rockett
    edited April 2018
    Movie is out now and nothing. I mean. Nothing.  This is a total joke of how bad of a miss this is.  

I am waiting to hear @Punisher5784 next entry to wonder how the behind the scenes happened on why no IW tie in. Please don’t tell me that 3 new chars are a tie in because that is weak sauce. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Movie is out now and nothing. I mean. Nothing.  This is a total joke of how bad of a miss this is.  

I am waiting to hear @Punisher5784 next entry to wonder how the behind the scenes happened on why no IW tie in. Please don’t tell me that 3 new chars are a tie in because that is weak sauce. 
    You have to understand, there simply wasn't time to produce any real content for IW.
    The leadup was only 10 years, clearly not long enough to code anything.
    I mean, they did roll out with Dark Reign, which obviously was a very forward thinking choice that only held us back for 4 years.

So please be realistic and thankful for the not-at-all botched rollout of supports.
    Who needs events that tie in to the biggest movie of the MCU anyway.