Infinity War “Event”

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018

We'll see what happens with the upcoming PVP Season. I was hoping with the 10 new Supports, they would give us more opportunities for tokens and Red Iso but the 300-item vault is probably the worst vault in the history of this game.

I think Christmas was the big inclination that we're probably never getting anymore free goodies again.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Movie is out now and nothing. I mean. Nothing.  This is a total joke of how bad of a miss this is.  

I am waiting to hear @Punisher5784 next entry to wonder how the behind the scenes happened on why no IW tie in. Please don’t tell me that 3 new chars are a tie in because that is weak sauce. 
    They've had Invisible Women in the game for ages, isn't that a good enough IW tie in?
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Punter1 said:
    Movie is out now and nothing. I mean. Nothing.  This is a total joke of how bad of a miss this is.  

I am waiting to hear @Punisher5784 next entry to wonder how the behind the scenes happened on why no IW tie in. Please don’t tell me that 3 new chars are a tie in because that is weak sauce. 
    They've had Invisible Women in the game for ages, isn't that a good enough IW tie in?
    She is in the movie. You can not see her standing next to other heroes in several scenes.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Punter1 said:

She is in the movie. You can not see her standing next to other heroes in several scenes.
    Invisible Woman is in every scene just like Ant Man. The only thing is she is invisible and he is micro size the whole time. Easter Egg found.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punter1 said:

Ok.  That made me laugh out loud. 
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Hey we got 3 tokens for infinity war vault. look at that. things
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Me too. I guess the Devs do read the forums. Got 2* Storm, 2* Bullseye, and 150 Red Iso. 
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Shintok17 said:
    Me too. I guess the Devs do read the forums. Got 2* Storm, 2* Bullseye, and 150 Red Iso. 
    2* wolv, 2* bw, 2* mag
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    I fixed the subject now that the next two pvps were announced as divine champions and nefarious foes. Again. 
  • The rockett
    WOW.  I mean Wow.  This is just......sad.  Just saw the notes for PVE and PVP.  This is truly depressing to see how much this game has fallen. All the time and money invested into the game and they cannot even tie into this massively movie event then 3 chars and a rehash of a boss event.  
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    WOW.  I mean Wow.  This is just......sad.  Just saw the notes for PVE and PVP.  This is truly depressing to see how much this game has fallen. All the time and money invested into the game and they cannot even tie into this massively movie event then 3 chars and a rehash of a boss event.  
    Just kind of depressing at this point.  Why am I still playing?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I admire the fact that some of you still get frustrated by the lack of content around special events. I used to be like that, then Christmas finally killed it for me. Its sad, but also a bit of a relief. 
  • redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    I was furious with Christmas now I'm just numb. I couldn't even finish my PVE grind. I just downloaded Marvel strike force and played an actual Infinity war event. I'm no whale but I've spent way more than i care to add up...and they won't get another dime. Compared to other games this company has done the equivalent of going into your drawer, finding an old shirt, wrapping it and giving it to you. A tired old boss event which was WAY too easy and gave the same prizes as it always has. 3 movie tie in characters over the course of A MONTH and all of them variations of characters we already have multiple variations of. 

Then when they hear the backlash they give 3 tokens. 3!?!? no free content no random new content. just a bunch of trash that will be accessible when Avengers 4 comes out. But hey, maybe then my time stone support will be level 60/250 and i'll feel the raw power of 0.2% increase in my critical tiles
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:
    2* wolv, 2* bw, 2* mag
    Rngesus blessed me. 1* ebony maw, Jessica Jones red, and a 2* wolvie.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't received any tokens yet
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:
    Punter1 said:

Invisible Woman is in every scene just like Ant Man. The only thing is she is invisible and he is micro size the whole time. Easter Egg found.
    I told my son that Ant Man was in Thor 3.  He wanted to know where, so I just pointed to the screen and said "Right there!"  It took him a couple of seconds, and then I got the "Oh, Dad..." groan.  I'll have to tell him that Invisible Woman's also in the movie...
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    The last “event” in the eyes of D3 was Amazon Digital Days. It was a massive free for all of cash and it completely destroyed what meta we had as people took the advantage to build mega rosters of Gambit and Thor and never need to spend money again.

So now we are trapped in the hoarding lull, where everyone who spent $5-6,000 can rest and the current 5* options are bad enough that no one wants to waste cp. (Though JJ should be good)

This game made a hefty chunk of cash at the beginning of the year and the bundles that they sold with each update were probably hit as well. But the lack of knowledge of their own game, obvious from some really bad characters, the worst being Gambit in his own way, finally bit them with supports.

They don’t understand how far people are along in the game, what they want and care about, and spent significant resources on a product that was DOA because they of that lack of understanding. We joke about beta testers, but they could have completely avoided the current situation by asking any random sample of 10 players on LINE or Discord two questions.

1. Do you want ultra-rare items that will require new ultra-rare resources and can only be used in PvE? This will take up 90% of our design bandwidth.

2. Do you mind if we skip Infinity War new content except a couple new characters and ultra-rare items? Will people notice?
  • The rockett
    ZeroKarma said:

1. Do you want ultra-rare items that will require new ultra-rare resources and can only be used in PvE? This will take up 90% of our design bandwidth.

2. Do you mind if we skip Infinity War new content except a couple new characters and ultra-rare items? Will people notice?
    1. No Thank You 

2. Oh heck no!!  This should be a massive 1-2 week event with this movie. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeroKarma said:
    The last “event” in the eyes of D3 was Amazon Digital Days. It was a massive free for all of cash and it completely destroyed what meta we had as people took the advantage to build mega rosters of Gambit and Thor and never need to spend money again.

So now we are trapped in the hoarding lull, where everyone who spent $5-6,000 can rest and the current 5* options are bad enough that no one wants to waste cp. (Though JJ should be good)

This game made a hefty chunk of cash at the beginning of the year and the bundles that they sold with each update were probably hit as well. But the lack of knowledge of their own game, obvious from some really bad characters, the worst being Gambit in his own way, finally bit them with supports.

They don’t understand how far people are along in the game, what they want and care about, and spent significant resources on a product that was DOA because they of that lack of understanding. We joke about beta testers, but they could have completely avoided the current situation by asking any random sample of 10 players on LINE or Discord two questions.

While none of this as wrong, as always, I feel obligated to point out that 98% of the player base doesn't even know what LINE is or that this forum even exists, so our perspective of what they "should" be doing is heavily skewed.

And as always, the goal of a F2P game is to make money. It costs a lot less money and effort to rerun some old events and shart out some new characters, and they know 99% of the complainers will keep playing anyway.