Infinity War “Event”

Basepuzzler
Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
edited April 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
The marvel article said there is an event with new supports and tie ins starting 4/24.  That’s today.  Is there an actual event to play?

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that boss event is over. But there are more supports coming out tomorrow. Next PvE is Hearts of Darkness unless they come up with a surprise PvE.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    I do hope we do get a new pve, the game desperately needs some new gameplay content to keep it fresh. I think the last new non-boss was the guardian pve that they combined together to make a new PvP. Heck, even the Dr strange movie got an entirely new pve and IW is on a scale that makes that movie seem like an indie film.

ETA BP got a pve, but it was poorly received being that the change was special tiles.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Article just said new supports would be available on 4/24.  The article said 'Event' was starting on 4/19; that was the Thanos boss event. That's not to say there won't be more tie-ins to come.
  • Basepuzzler
    The marvel.com article said “We gave you a taste of Supports early this month, you can expect plenty of Infinity War tie-in items and bonuses to help your heroes throughout the Event, kicking off starting on April 24!”  I haven’t seen anything that would satisfy that teaser.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    The marvel.com article said “We gave you a taste of Supports early this month, you can expect plenty of Infinity War tie-in items and bonuses to help your heroes throughout the Event, kicking off starting on April 24!”  I haven’t seen anything that would satisfy that teaser.
    You answered your own question when you quoted it. It says throughout the event not that it pertains to an actual event only that the supports and other things will tie-in to Infinity War. We just had the Thanos Boss event and Infinity War movie version of 5* Captain America. All that is left is the Infinity War movie Black Widow character and the new supports. The Heart Of Darkness story event will run through the movie release. Maybe we get something else on that weekend. It does not say specifically that on the 24th we will have an actual event. It just says that things will start that day. We will have to wait and see.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    *checks calendar*
    *checks game*
    *reboots game*
    *checks Support token popup*

*Sighs*
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    Look all of this can start to be fixed with some Crash of the Mad Titan action...
  • bluewolf
    https://news.marvel.com/games/87975/this-week-in-marvel-games-thanos-descends-upon-marvel-games-with-avengers-infinity-war-event/

@Brigby  Can the developers provide any update to the release of the new Supports, which Marvel stated would release today, April 24?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's wait for 24th April to end first because they might be preparing for updates and tying up some loose ends. If it hits 25th April, everyone can start hounding for an update.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    https://news.marvel.com/games/87975/this-week-in-marvel-games-thanos-descends-upon-marvel-games-with-avengers-infinity-war-event/

@Brigby  Can the developers provide any update to the release of the new Supports, which Marvel stated would release today, April 24?
    Don't expect an answer here,  but on discord they've said that date was a mistake,  new supports will drop on Thursday
  • Basepuzzler
    Thx for the update 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    To be honest I am completely underwhelmed so far. We had a rehash of an old boss event, will end up with 3 new characters and some new supports. I mean, is this it?   The biggest movie in MCU history, could be one of the top grossing films ever and this is all we get? I hope they have something else in the works but if this is it, this is sad.  

Mad for a new character, while yes it is cool but it’s not anything that’s shocking.  Hey look a new MCU and their is new characters tied to it.  At least with Black Panther we got a new PVE with some new tiles.  Like it or not, it’s diffetent and not the same stale product we have dealt with for years now.  Guess we will see soon.  
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Christmas should have shown you that they dont make an effort anymore. Dont expect anything more. 
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Christmas just marks the winter solstice/Saturnalia/Jesus' 3x Birthday.  This is Thanos we're talking about.  He ends multiple beloved characters (allegedly).  

Giving the devs tinykitty about content is par for the course around here, but I would be very surprised if there wasn't something like a new event, rerun of Crash, or something to celebrate the movie.  Given the hype and anticipation for the movie, it's a golden opportunity to get more fingers on phones.  If they're treating it like just another character release (and not even a 5* at that), then I'll finally believe they really have given up.
  • bluewolf
    Last Christmas was bad in comparison to the prior year, but overall wasn't that bad of an event as an extra giveaway.  There was no level gating (if I recall) and I had fun trying to put together teams with just the characters that had the appropriate affiliations.

I'm pretty sure we know what's coming overall, barring a sneaked-in new PVE next week, thanks to all the articles that have spoiled our next 2 months of in game content.

New PVE content, from a design perspective, appears to be pursuing not just "new story and art" but an attempt to introduce some different mechanics.  The Black Panther PVE went over like a lead balloon with many players, but it did introduce a new-ish idea and set of challenges.  Before that we had Mindless ones for Strange Sights and recycled in the Honor Among Thieves events.  

So asking for new PVE may not lead to something players want or enjoy.

Like them or not, getting Supports up and running must have taken a lot of time and effort.  Maybe the new ones will make them more appealing, but I assume they will suffer from the same problem as the existing ones:  the massive gap between available resources and needed resources to level them up and/or acquire them in the first place.

Lastly, we always get new characters with movies.  Sometimes we get other content, sometimes not.  I don't know why anyone expected different.  We are getting 4 new characters this time that spring from the movie.  (normally we get 1-2, then perhaps one at video release).  Characters. Make. The. Money.

Having said all that:  Please run Crash of the Mad Titans!  Pretty please?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    bluewolf said:

Crash of the Mad Titan was perhaps the most universally adored event in the game's history, so it makes sense that we'd never see it again. Yet we've already gotten the new Black Panther event, what, twice? Three times?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf said:

Crash of the Mad Titan was perhaps the most universally adored event in the game's history, so it makes sense that we'd never see it again. Yet we've already gotten the new Black Panther event, what, twice? Three times?
    And in two months. And two months after that. And so on.....  
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I was not here for Crash of the Mad Titan. What is the hype over it. Can anyone enlighten me.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Shintok17 said:
    I was not here for Crash of the Mad Titan. What is the hype over it. Can anyone enlighten me.
    Here are the details of the event. It was fun, simple yet challenging, and not at all prudish with rewards.

https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=news-updated-12-19-2016&f=crash-of-the-mad-titan-event-details-december-21st-2016&l=en