Captain America (Infinity War) (4/18/18)

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    madoctor said:
    @Brigby the Come and Get Me vault is rewarding a normal LT instead of the Covert Ops LT store
    That’s the normal vault contents....?

The only purchasable new character vault token has been in the one time 40 item vault (Steve Rogers); the event vaults for bosses (Come and Get Me) contain a standard LT.  They don’t want a resettable vault to contain the token for the new character.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    madoctor said:
    @Brigby the Come and Get Me vault is rewarding a normal LT instead of the Covert Ops LT store
    That’s the normal vault contents....?
    That is normal. Most Boss battles don't have vaults, but have Stores so an LT token for the newly released 5* is usually in the 40 item vault for that character. Same thing when Jessica was released.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    God I hate it when you have to spend over 930cp to finally draw a Cap cover. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got 2 Cap covers and spent 325 CP. Both Red.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    225 CP spent.  Got Hawkeye Red, BW Red and Cap Purple.  Stopped after pulling Cap.  CP well spent.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh, cool, another red/purple user that Gambit makes pointless.
  • whoami
    whoami Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    48 pulls later and all I have to show for it are 2 caps and 1 widow. Worst. Pulls. Ever. (I did manage to pull an agent venom which allowed me to finish champing all vintage 4*s.)

My 5/5/2 Hawkeye remains sad and unfinished. 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Interesting powerset. Offense, defense, and support. His Defense and Support do not scale at all, so he might be good for 4* players with all 5*s at 255.
    Could be fun for pve. His purple could be another goon stopper. His revive might be fun to try out for a while, but ultimately its a gimmick thats not super useful. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    75 CP and I got a Red Cap. I'm going to wait until he hits Latest Legends before I continue pulling.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,898 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    Oh, cool, another red/purple user that Gambit makes pointless.
    Hey, be fair it's not just that he's a red/purple user!  Gambit makes *every* new character (and also every old character) completely pointless.

It'd be cool if he got nerfed into the ground soon so there was some point to going after these new guys.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    To test: what happens when CapIW revives Phoenix when there's a revive countdown out.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,614 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    500CP + 1 token later no Cap. :neutral: I did get a Widow and can now champ Rogue...oh and Lockjaw. :neutral:
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Damn Lockjaw. Since championing that dog, I swear, the majority of covers I get are now Lockjaw. Lockjaw is only 7 covers behind my leader of the pack Coulson who was champed ages ago now! 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I will now quit while I am ahead.  Did one more 25 CP pull and got a Yellow 5* Cap and a BH 5* Thanos.  No more pulls for me this time around.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

So his kit seems decent overall. But he has very little place in the meta for extrinsic reasons.  He has no self-accel, and his main actives are red and purple.  So gambit is superior in almost every way.  And even other 5*s like thor, bb, dd, and maybe jj, are above him on the list of "useful for grinding" 5*s.  Ergo cap is a solid character who has almost no role in current 5* play. 
    Remove the name cap from this, and you’re still accurately describing basically the entire 5* tier with Gambit.

Cap the Necromancer actually looks pretty fun, but unless you’re a new 5* player or choose not play pvp with a 5* roster, he is another one in a long list of gambit-nerfed releases.  He won’t replace DD, 5hor, Thanos or Bolt as a good pairing choice for the OP Cajun.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

So his kit seems decent overall. But he has very little place in the meta for extrinsic reasons.  He has no self-accel, and his main actives are red and purple.  So gambit is superior in almost every way.  And even other 5*s like thor, bb, dd, and maybe jj, are above him on the list of "useful for grinding" 5*s.  Ergo cap is a solid character who has almost no role in current 5* play. 
    Remove the name cap from this, and you’re still accurately describing basically the entire 5* tier with Gambit.

Cap the Necromancer actually looks pretty fun, but unless you’re a new 5* player or choose not play pvp with a 5* roster, he is another one in a long list of gambit-nerfed releases.  He won’t replace DD, 5hor, Thanos or Bolt as a good pairing choice for the OP Cajun.
    But that's not quite true.  Some 5*s do have a role in the meta, even if gambit is still king by a lot. 

Bb, thor, and jj are all self-accellerating heavy hitters in 5* land.  They are decent pairs for gambit, and would be top tier if gambit got needed.

Thor and HE have very strong 5*/4* pairings that make them great for transitioners (though current transitioners will struggle to cover them).

Dd, ss, and oml are all still good for grinding pve without using healthpacks, and for early PvP climbs before the gambit wall. 

So while gambit's shadow is long, I would say that it falls hardest on the middle-class (cap, im46, gg, gr, bw, pp, etc) of 5* land, while the "best of the rest" and niche use 5*s still have a role to play.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My point being it’s Gambit + for pvp and renders all else neutered.  You’re not reasonably running JJ and NecroCap in pvp if you can avoid it as you’ll get devoured by all the gambit teams.  That’s the gambit issue.  It’s gambit plus whomever.  And with the color overlap necrocap doesn’t make for a good partner.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My point being it’s Gambit + for pvp and renders all else neutered.  You’re not reasonably running JJ and NecroCap in pvp if you can avoid it as you’ll get devoured by all the gambit teams.  That’s the gambit issue.  It’s gambit plus whomever.  And with the color overlap necrocap doesn’t make for a good partner.
    This.  Until (and if) Gambit is nerfed there are only two considerations for 5* PvP players:

1.  How does a new 5* fair against Gambit?
    2.  How well does a new 5* synergise with Gambit?

For NewCap the answer to 2 is obvious - there is a major colour clash so he doesn't.  The answer to 1 is that he could fair well against Gambit if it wasn't for the game-breaking unconditional ap generation and destruction he'd have to overcome.

I guess if you could get NewCap to tank red & yellow for a 50% Thor that could be viable on offense against a Gambit team, but it would be a tasty morsel on defense.  
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    T

I guess if you could get NewCap to tank red & yellow for a 50% Thor that could be viable on offense against a Gambit team, but it would be a tasty morsel on defense.  
    I haven't seen a support yet that buffs both red and yellow match damage,  but once supports are applied in pvp.

I think it will actually be pretty easy for players to customize who tanks what color.

avengers towers will buff red match,
    element guns buffs yellow match
    milanod buffs yellow match
    korg buffs yellow match
    blackbird buffs red match
    sharon carter buffs red match
    quinn jet buffs red match.