Captain America (Infinity War) (4/18/18)

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Players from most levels benefit from CA's yellow. It depends on how you play the game and your perspective. For an ability that revives other characters, I think you might be expecting too much. How many AP do you think is fair to revive others? 8ap, 10ap or 12ap?

I think you also expect him to true heal 5* characters for 60%, right? As of now, it's not going to happen for obvious reasons. If it is true heal, we can simply go to easy node to tap and revive every single character with 1hp while using minimal healthpack. 

The purpose of his yellow is to turn the tide during battle. It's not meant for you to save healthpacks. However, characters who true heals and got downed during battle benefits from his yellow.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This Cap kind of sucks. Though I’ll take a few yellow team ups. 

I really want Jess and don’t want Rider or Beardy. Boo. 
  • Swingmonalisa
    Swingmonalisa Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Players from most levels benefit from CA's yellow. It depends on how you play the game and your perspective. For an ability that revives other characters, I think you might be expecting too much. How many AP do you think is fair to revive others? 8ap, 10ap or 12ap?

I think you also expect him to true heal 5* characters for 60%, right? As of now, it's not going to happen for obvious reasons. If it is true heal, we can simply go to easy node to tap and revive every single character with 1hp while using minimal healthpack. 

The purpose of his yellow is to turn the tide during battle. It's not meant for you to save healthpacks. However, characters who true heals and got downed during battle benefits from his yellow.
    I think his yellow is a fun addition to the game, I just don't see it being used to revive true healing characters. He will pair well with DD and moderately with Thor (who would generate lots of yellow to use for it) in a magical world where gambit doesn't exist. I actually think Cap would be a useful support character if his powers weren't red/purple in a 5* meta where gambit is everywhere. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    In 5* land with the existence of Gambit PvP, he's not useful. I would see it as another form of strategy for gameplay. If you are someone who likes to rush through a match, this CA is definitely not for you. 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby Question for the yellow, if Jean Grey was downed (with or without the count down to resurrect her), does using Cap's yellow to bring her back transformed? If not, would she still transform if the countdown was there and expired? 
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If yellow had some kind of passive component that does something else, he would be a better character. Since it only revives downed allies, the power is extremely situational, since in the vast majority of matches you won't be losing any characters.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • FinnyMPQ
    FinnyMPQ Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Pongie said:
    @Brigby Question for the yellow, if Jean Grey was downed (with or without the count down to resurrect her), does using Cap's yellow to bring her back transformed? If not, would she still transform if the countdown was there and expired? 
    Or what about OML? If he was downed after firing his black (and changing powers) which set would be revived? 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cap's Yellow will be great for wave nodes. By the time the final wave comes around you should be able to have gotten 15 Yellow AP to revive a downed teammate, if need be
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,712 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cap's Yellow will be great for wave nodes. By the time the final wave comes around you should be able to have gotten 15 Yellow AP to revive a downed teammate, if need be
    Yes if he’s your only 5 but why run him in wave nodes over better options like DD who is unlikely to go down and much faster.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I’m slightly surprised that despite it being heavily featured in his character art that none of his powers actually reference his new weapon/shields?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony Foot said:
    Yes if he’s your only 5 but why run him in wave nodes over better options like DD who is unlikely to go down and much faster.

If you lose people in wave nodes with ANY character, you need to reconsider your strategy.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I thought we were getting a new character next.

I guess that was wishful thinking.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Red
    Is it just me, but its kinda weird to this power on Cap, seeing we only have seen this on Iron Girl in the game. Irony? (Sorry couldnt help myself...)
    The first part seems a little underwhelming,and with risking DD and Thor both going under 50 at same time, possibly dangerous too.
    Will it count as aoe, or trigger BP5, Thing, DP, ...?

Purple
    Blocking powers could be cool, but with a cd, it wont do much in pvp cause of, as every pvp issue, Gambit. Wish, instead of a cd, they gave that power a colorless special tile like Surfers blackhole, or Stranges Eye..
    But still, combined with Angel black, you could paralize an opponent nicely, even if just for bosses. (Not like its really needed though)

Yellow
    He seems really suited for teaming up with DD, for his heal, but gave him 2 overlapping colors. Thats a shame..

All in all, prefered new toon, but could be fun..
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I understand where you coming from but his ability reads as:

Captain America reaches down and lifts up his fallen ally. This battle's not over yet. Revives a Downed ally and grants them a burst of 60% health.

It's meant for characters who went into battle with him and downed during the battle. So, it's not meant for characters who were already downed.
    If that was directed at me, I know. Your last post made it sound like lower rosters bringing downed characters in to the fight with Cap instead of them being KOed during the fight.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    @ZeiramMR

I re-read my post and now I understand why. I was assuming that everyone knows that it's impossible to bring someone who are downed into battle. That's why I didn't write it clearly.  :o

Peace.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

here is the thing most players will not benifit from his yellow becuase if you are a 4* player and you level cap up he will tank most colors becuer of his match damage.  If your 5* is not tanking from match damage and health then why bring the 5*?  His yellow is best used on DD who can true heal and it will probably be best on level 3 so DD can put our strike tiles.  DD will also tank yellow so you can actually gather 15 yellow.  Becuase of the cost and the rarity of actually having a downed ally this power is going to be used very little.  I would rather get 25% health and cost 10 AP to turn the tide.  With his red the AOE damage is also less than Riri red when she is buffed.  Riri when buffed does 15k damage for me at level 5 for a little more AP.  Caps coup de grace is his best ability as it can one shot a 5* but yo have a o down 2 other 5* first.  
    His purple is only good as a power to fire right after the AI gets a big cascade or goons in PVE.  So 2 of his powers are situational and one is best at the very end of the fight.  This makes him more situational than anything else.  For as interesting as he might seem which I will give the devs credit for he still falls up short on being a good 5*.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I prefer every toon being situational over being OP. Better for variety...
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby the Come and Get Me vault is rewarding a normal LT instead of the Covert Ops LT store
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madoctor said:
    @Brigby the Come and Get Me vault is rewarding a normal LT instead of the Covert Ops LT store
    As always. The Covert Ops LT is only given in the Steve Rogers Valult. Same when Jessica was released.