Comments

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    gentgeen said:
    5 (or 6) versions of Captain.
    5 (or 6) versions of Black Widow.
    6 (or 7) versions of Spidy. 

There are so many other options instead of introducing a 6th variant... Witch, Vision, Bucky, Loki (personal favorite), Falcon, even a better War Machine.  I recognize that D3 probably has little to do with the choice, so probably barking up the wrong tree, but these new characters are  just so "Meh" . Color me not impressed and not excited.  (at least we get Okoye).   

Now that we have 6 of each, I can't wait for the all [Captain | Widow | Spidey] Burrito  events.

===========================
    (my breakdown for clarity of numbers: ) 
    • Steve Rodgers, Super-Soldier, Peggie Carter, First Avenger, and now Civil War.  (and one could argue Fal-cap)  
    • Modern, Original, Grey Suit, Natasha Romanoff and now one more.  (and one could argue Yelena)
    • Original, Bag-Man, Classic, Back in Black, Peter Parker and now one more. (and one could argue Miles)

With supports, you should want more variants. Lets you get the most out character specific supports when you have more options.
    But I don't really care that its the 6th variant. I don't care who happens to have a 1* or 2* version, I care that its the 2nd variant in a single tier. Not really happy with that precedent. Plus Cap and Spidey don't have 4* versions it would have made sense to fit them in there, like Widow. Oh well, the longer the game goes on I guess we should expect to see more of it.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    SInce these characters seem to be forced by Those Who Sit Above in Shadow.  Maybe D3 can just make these characters a lil sucky so there's no real push to cover them and it let's us restock out ISO reserves.  Won't happen, but one can dream...

Really underwhelmed by this  :/

And what will they call this Captain America in game?  Beardy McBearderson?
    Wouldn't it be nomads? Isn't that what marvel called him after giving up the cap persona?  Or was it ronin? 

Also, it will be amusing as the my continues and we get a new 5* version of the same characters over and over.  Get ready for simulator matches against 3 different 5* parkers. . .
    Ronin was Hawkeye not Cap.
    If they did Ronin, it would be pretty cool to pull some kinda of cloak and dagger thing where him and echo would switch based on powers used.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yasuru said:

April 19  In-game event begins. 

April 24  New supports become available, including Children of Thanos and Infinity Stones. New characters include Captain America (April 19), Black Widow (May 3), Okoye (May 17) and Spider-Man/Iron Spider (May 31).

What in-game event did i miss?

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    veny said:
    Yasuru said:

April 24  New supports become available, including Children of Thanos and Infinity Stones. New characters include Captain America (April 19), Black Widow (May 3), Okoye (May 17) and Spider-Man/Iron Spider (May 31).

It was the Thanos Boss even last week...
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    veny said:
    Yasuru said:

It was the Thanos Boss even last week...
    Pfff :D Yeah, right :D I thought there will be some event tied to Infinity War and since Thanos will be the supervillan, that was it :D