Next 4 heroes - Cap, Widow, Okoye and Iron Spider

Comments

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018

https://news.marvel.com/games/87975/this-week-in-marvel-games-thanos-descends-upon-marvel-games-with-avengers-infinity-war-event/

Beardy (Hobo) Cap America (Infinity War) now mentioned on Marvel.com - screenshots confirm he's a 5* (thanks @scottee)

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    JHawkInc said:
    Shintok17 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Excited to see new supports (I know people want the Black Order in this game, but as slow as we get characters, I'm down for them being supports so we get all of them and don't have to spend two months slowly inching them out). 
    I disagree. I would rather get NEW characters like the Black Order than recycled characters with a new look being released as "NEW". If making characters we want into supports is the devs way to do what they want and give us rehashed characters than it's just pure laziness and unimaginative. They are going to use Supports as an excuse now to release characters. Supports are so limited in the way we obtain them or rank them up that it will take so long for us to enjoy these new character supports. I would rather have a new character that I can use in every aspect of the game than some support I can use minimally in PVE. 
    Maybe I should rephrase.

I'm down for new characters, but there are dozens and dozens I would want before the Black Order.

It's not about new characters vs variants. It's about the fact that I don't think the Black Order are interesting enough to take up that many new character releases. If we're going to spend two months releasing villains, give us Red Skull, Mysterio, Sabertooth, and Taskmaster, instead of four Thanos lieutenants.

I'd rather have the Black Order as enemy-only characters like Gorgon so we could have them for story events, but if the choice is full character release or Support, I'd rather roll them out together as Supports and move on to other characters.
    I understand what you mean, but they could just release 2 or even 1 and move on. I agree that other villains should be released first, but what we want and what the Devs give us are totally different things. I have been waiting for Mr.Sinister for a while now. The thing that I have noticed for a while now is that character releases lately have been really dominated by a Movie, TV show, or Streaming show tie in. Which sucks since there are so many comic book characters that have not been lucky enough to get the lime light in these forms of media. The only reason why I mentioned the Black Order is because they tie into the Infinity War movie, which is where the next couple of characters will be released from. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    And what will they call this Captain America in game?  Beardy McBearderson?
    LumberCap. Or just Steve. Not even Steve Rogers, no secondary name in parentheses, just "Steve".

Ability-wise, I just hope he pairs well with Bucky. None of the existing Caps work particularly well with him.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Punter1 said:

https://news.marvel.com/games/87975/this-week-in-marvel-games-thanos-descends-upon-marvel-games-with-avengers-infinity-war-event/

Beardy (Hobo) Cap America (Infinity War) now mentioned on Marvel.com - though no mention of star level, think it's pretty certain a 5*.

The screenshots confirm he's a 5*.

Edit: Interesting powers. 6 purple to destroy 4 enemy AP, and a countdown to stop their powers in that color. And 15 yellow to revive a fallen character. That sounds amazing for 5* Thor or Daredevil!
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    The amount of people in this post who don't know who Okoye is saddens me. I'm SUPER pumped for her to become a character.

But another Cap, another Widow and another Spidey? Really? Which one of you put "We need another Black Widow!" on your survey?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    scottee said:
    Punter1 said:

Beardy (Hobo) Cap America (Infinity War) now mentioned on Marvel.com - though no mention of star level, think it's pretty certain a 5*.

Ha!  Shows how much I pay attention... almost as much as Marvel.com editors.... from the first line of the article posted on a Wednesday afternoon:

"True Believers, every Tuesday, make your way over to Marvel.com for a rundown of all this week’s Marvel Games news, from console game releases to character drops to mobile event updates, and more! "

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrKasady said:
    The amount of people in this post who don't know who Okoye is saddens me. I'm SUPER pumped for her to become a character.

But another Cap, another Widow and another Spidey? Really? Which one of you put "We need another Black Widow!" on your survey?
    Super disappointed about yet another Widow, Cap and Spidey in the game.  Will Widow be the first to have a 1*-5* variant?

Also don't care about Okoye.  It seems like the devs went "Wow, everyone liked the Black Panther movie!  Add in ALL OF THE CHARACTERS!"  But since it takes them so long to do anything, Okoye comes a month too late. 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee said:
    Punter1 said:

Edit: Interesting powers. 6 purple to destroy 4 enemy AP, and a countdown to stop their powers in that color. And 15 yellow to revive a fallen character. That sounds amazing for 5* Thor or Daredevil!
    Bets on how well or not well the yellow works with 5* Phoenix and Bruce Banner? :-)

And I am most excited about Okoye and not because the others are variants.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Iron Spider? Isn't that one of Dazzler's codename?

Definitely Dazzler confirmed
  • loose5682
    loose5682 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    So next four characters all already announced, surely not all released at once, meaning now there's going to be like a month and a half before we see anything after these four? Great.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I mean...I totally have the HP to roster all these guys...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not like they're coming out all at once. They're not even coming out faster than previous releases. Why are these next 4 suddenly a problem?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

You've been playing for what, 4 years?
    If you're not swimming in HP at this point, you only have yourself to blame, really.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle said:

If you're not swimming in HP at this point, you only have yourself to blame, really.
    competitive pvp plus hoarding iso, lt, cp  makes the hp struggle real.
    the earlier point about there being no indication that these releases are anything other than a preview of our normal 2 wk release schedule is right though.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:

competitive pvp plus hoarding iso, lt, cp  makes the hp struggle real.
    the earlier point about there being no indication that these releases are anything other than a preview of our normal 2 wk release schedule is right though.
    Keeping 266 3*s is hurting my HP.
    And yeah, this forum is gonna be a little boring since we know the next 4 characters.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    I just hope we get some of these are 3* characters so we can start including champ rewards for some of these harder-to-find 4* characters.  Maybe Okoye could give Shuri covers as rewards.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just hope we get some of these are 3* characters so we can start including champ rewards for some of these harder-to-find 4* characters.  Maybe Okoye could give Shuri covers as rewards.
    If the news story was correct about the order and they follow the usual "two 4* characters followed by one 5*" cycle, then the next 5* release would be another Spider-Man.  All the new 3* characters have been released along side a 5*, and with one exception they've been cases where the 5* did not have a 3* variant (the exception being Daredevil with 3* Elektra).

So the two possibilities I see for a new 3* are:
    1. They decide to release a character related to Spider-Man (3* Aunt May? :smiley: )
    2. They mix up the release cycle and make Okoye a 5* character
  • gentgeen
    gentgeen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited April 2018
    5 (or 6) versions of Captain.
    5 (or 6) versions of Black Widow.
    6 (or 7) versions of Spidy. 

There are so many other options instead of introducing a 6th variant... Witch, Vision, Bucky, Loki (personal favorite), Falcon, even a better War Machine.  I recognize that D3 probably has little to do with the choice, so probably barking up the wrong tree, but these new characters are  just so "Meh" . Color me not impressed and not excited.  (at least we get Okoye).   

Now that we have 6 of each, I can't wait for the all [Captain | Widow | Spidey] Burrito  events.

===========================
    (my breakdown for clarity of numbers: ) 
    • Steve Rodgers, Super-Soldier, Peggie Carter, First Avenger, and now Civil War.  (and one could argue Fal-cap)  
    • Modern, Original, Grey Suit, Natasha Romanoff and now one more.  (and one could argue Yelena)
    • Original, Bag-Man, Classic, Back in Black, Peter Parker and now one more. (and one could argue Miles)