Next 4 heroes - Cap, Widow, Okoye and Iron Spider

Comments

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    tiomono said:
    wymtime said:
    tiomono said:
    There is no mention of any star level in this article.

They could roll out several 5's like with civil war. This is an event like nothing this game or marvel in general has experienced ever. If there is any time they may break from our assumptions this may be it.

It just sucks that other websites get to release info before we get any form of official info.
    If you look at the release dates they are spread out every 2 weeks so we probably won’t GR 2 5* at once like in civil war.  I know I appreciate that so I will still have lots of time to get Jk covers.  The real question will be will cap or iron Spider-Man be stronger than gambit?? (Probably not)
    But without official info from our devs, we are going off previous patterns that I am saying this event may shake up. They have altered release patterns in the past and this is a large event with a big impact. 
    It's just so frustrating that we have no announcement from our devs. I checked a few of the other games on that article and they have more detailed info for what's coming, while we get our typical radio silence.
    But, on the flip side, they are developers.  All these announcements come from Marvel marketing dept.  This game is of little concern to them.  MPQ is often listed as a second or third tier game to them.  Not to mention D3 themselves can't say anything early for risk of losing the licenses for the characters.  Not saying there doesn't need to be more communication, just that D3 isn't entirely to blame when it's Marvel releasing information as they see fit...
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    tiomono said:
    wymtime said:
    tiomono said:

They could roll out several 5's like with civil war. This is an event like nothing this game or marvel in general has experienced ever. If there is any time they may break from our assumptions this may be it.

It just sucks that other websites get to release info before we get any form of official info.
    If you look at the release dates they are spread out every 2 weeks so we probably won’t GR 2 5* at once like in civil war.  I know I appreciate that so I will still have lots of time to get Jk covers.  The real question will be will cap or iron Spider-Man be stronger than gambit?? (Probably not)
    But without official info from our devs, we are going off previous patterns that I am saying this event may shake up. They have altered release patterns in the past and this is a large event with a big impact. 
    It's just so frustrating that we have no announcement from our devs. I checked a few of the other games on that article and they have more detailed info for what's coming, while we get our typical radio silence.
    I see what you mean. Games like Contest of Champions or Future Fight already have Thano's Black order in the game and have their info way before time. Even when the Black Panther movie was coming out those games had the characters way before Marvel Puzzle Quest. Here we get it the same day or late the day before. It's Wednesday and the Boss event is tomorrow and we still have no info on it. It's insane how uninformed the devs keep us.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spider-Man is my favorite Marvel character.  That said I'm gonna be really annoyed if we have a 3rd 5* Spider-Man.  I'm hoping he's the first 6*  :p
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards

I heard a rumor that Steve is going to go by "Nomad" in the movie, so that would be the obvious choice for the character sub-name if true.

I'm also underwhelmed by a variation of the same character in the tier - particularly if the upcoming Iron Spider is a 5* not a 4*.  We don't have any variations of Spider Man (unless you count Miles Morales, but I don't think he does since he's not actually any version of Peter, just another person who took the mantle,) in the 4* tier, but there are two in the 5* tier...

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    SInce these characters seem to be forced by Those Who Sit Above in Shadow.  Maybe D3 can just make these characters a lil sucky so there's no real push to cover them and it let's us restock out ISO reserves.  Won't happen, but one can dream...

Really underwhelmed by this  :/

And what will they call this Captain America in game?  Beardy McBearderson?
    Cool hand Steve.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I'm hoping Iron Spidey and Widow are 4*. Okoye would be a neat 3*. I'd prefer Cap to be 4* with 5* Proxima Midnight. Maybe another 5* for any kind of surprise from the movie they haven't announced for obvious reasons. (Holding out for a 6* Hawkeye's Wife)
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love Spidey, begged for iron spider so can’t believe my luck. Would love him to be 5* but he probably won’t be, I used up all my luck.

Really hope they do cap some justice this time, the other one sucks. Couldn’t care less about the 4* never going to use them in anger.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been checking here everyday to see who the next 5* is, as I don't want anymore Archangel covers. Not thrilled it looks like it's Cap.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    wymtime said:
    tiomono said:

But, on the flip side, they are developers.  All these announcements come from Marvel marketing dept.  This game is of little concern to them.  MPQ is often listed as a second or third tier game to them.  Not to mention D3 themselves can't say anything early for risk of losing the licenses for the characters.  Not saying there doesn't need to be more communication, just that D3 isn't entirely to blame when it's Marvel releasing information as they see fit...
    These other sites are releasing info even before a marvel.com article. If there was an info embargo on D3 maybe this would make more sense to me. If 3rd party websites get to push out info half a day or more before the actual makers of the game can, someone in marvel marketing department needs replaced.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    They're all 7*s. Marvel informed the publisher this movie will be so big they're skipping 6*s entirely for now.

Update: Unmasked Peter Parker will be the first 6* released next year with an IAP only Ned support. He will use the all new Ned ISO instead of red ISO.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    wymtime said:
    tiomono said:

First I 100% agree with your frustration on communication.    I do think overall the devs like the 4*, 4*, 5* release schedule as I brings in more consistent money every 6 weeks.  From deductive reasoning and watching too many previews I think there is more hype around iron Spider-Man over black widow or Okoye( no idea who this is have not seen black panther yet).  There is a boss event coming up with Cap release normal 5* release.  Lastly there is no 4* black widow so I do think adding her as a 4* first over another 5* variant will win out.  Could the devs pull a dev move and make more 5* sure my money is on normal release schedule and think the Vegas odds would be on my side 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Star Lord, 4* Gamora, 4* Rocket & Groot, and Yondu are all (Awesome Mix Volume 2) and 5* Black Panther is (Civil War). Wouldn't be hard to slap an (Infinity War) on any of these. Just a thought.

We're due a 5, 5/4/4 pattern says Okoye and Widow are 4's, Cap and Spidey are 5's. I can see doing another Cap at the 5* tier (I disagree with it, but I can see them doing that for the movie), but a third Spidey is a touch too far.

Excited to see new supports (I know people want the Black Order in this game, but as slow as we get characters, I'm down for them being supports so we get all of them and don't have to spend two months slowly inching them out). And the Infinity Stones? That immediately makes me want to see a new node type, like the Join Forces nodes that force you to use a certain character and provide a loaner if you don't have them, what if we had a story that forced you to use certain supports, maybe equipped you with one that was moderately powerful to let you try it out? It would make for an awesome 7-day event where each day was centered on gathering one of the stones (with the last day being Thanos-based, or reversing it, Day 1 has a Thanos defeat, days 2-7 follow an Illuminati story about taking the Stones into hiding? definitely some neat potential with these going forward)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    We are, of course, now less than 24 hours from a top tier 5* character being released in game with no information except “Boss Event”.

It seems our Match 3 game is pretty low on the Marvel totem pole. I’ve heard the devs say on podcast that for a movie, at most they have some production photos or art to work with.  They were legit taken by surprise by the IW release date change - they found out about it when the rest of the world did.

It seems that some licensees have a much different relationship.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Given HoboFist and Star-Lord are their most recent takes on bearded characters, I'm a little afraid of what Cap's is gonna look like.  :/
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    Excited to see new supports (I know people want the Black Order in this game, but as slow as we get characters, I'm down for them being supports so we get all of them and don't have to spend two months slowly inching them out). 
    I disagree. I would rather get NEW characters like the Black Order than recycled characters with a new look being released as "NEW". If making characters we want into supports is the devs way to do what they want and give us rehashed characters than it's just pure laziness and unimaginative. They are going to use Supports as an excuse now to release characters. Supports are so limited in the way we obtain them or rank them up that it will take so long for us to enjoy these new character supports. I would rather have a new character that I can use in every aspect of the game than some support I can use minimally in PVE. 
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:
    We are, of course, now less than 24 hours from a top tier 5* character being released in game with no information except “Boss Event”.

It seems our Match 3 game is pretty low on the Marvel totem pole. I’ve heard the devs say on podcast that for a movie, at most they have some production photos or art to work with.  They were legit taken by surprise by the IW release date change - they found out about it when the rest of the world did.

It seems that some licensees have a much different relationship.
    Absolutely different licensees have different relationships. But no licensee should have a relationship so poor that they can't reasonably manage their own news flow and marketing for their products in a way that energizes and entices the consumer base.

As for what you get to work with that far out - I've had to work with "Work In Progress" style guides with a bare handful of assets and then swap out when the actual finalized assets become available. Sometimes pretty close to my final deadlines. It gets annoying, especially when "Oh tinykitty, I really could have used a couple of those icons, they'd have been perfect!" happens. But it's the nature of the beast when you have longer lead times than people who can go from concept to finished product in store in less than 2 months.

To be clear from my prior post - seeing the movie next week won't give me assets to work with, what it's supposed to do is give us an idea of what our product focus should be so that we can start lining up space in the production schedule, toss around ideas of what specialty items we might be able to do, and so on, so that we're prepared to act when the assets do become available to us.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't Amadeus Cho the iron spider at one point?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    evade420 said:
    correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't Amadeus Cho the iron spider at one point?
    Only in the Disney XD cartoon if i remember correctly...