• Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Buying Karn will NOT get you the Elves
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    HomeRn said:
    Just realized something regarding Karn... however it is a legacy exclusive thought: how does Karn behave in regards to Ingest/Process mechanics exactly?  Like, what color gems are the void gems turned into when processed?
    Based on colorless story opponents, a colorless walker should have full immunity to effects that target it's colors including ingest, avaricious dragon, etc.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Rasalghul said:
    Brigby Do we have to buy Karn to get the Llanowar Elves or is it available to everybody ? I can see this card in the game but it is said that I do not own it.
    I spoke with the team, and it turns out there is a known bug that occurs with crediting players the Llanowar Elves, prior to the build being forced. Due to this, we'll be sending out the card after the 2.6 update becomes forced, in order to avoid this issue.
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    James13 said:
    HomeRn said:
    Just realized something regarding Karn... however it is a legacy exclusive thought: how does Karn behave in regards to Ingest/Process mechanics exactly?  Like, what color gems are the void gems turned into when processed?
    Based on colorless story opponents, a colorless walker should have full immunity to effects that target it's colors including ingest, avaricious dragon, etc.
    But what about process mechanics when one of KARN's creatures does it since he does not have a color?
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    HomeRn said:
    James13 said:
    HomeRn said:
    But what about process mechanics when one of KARN's creatures does it since he does not have a color?
    Hard to say since the player has never had colorless walkers before.

The assumption I might make is "to your color (s)" effects will similarly do nothing at all.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    HomeRn said:
    James13 said:
    HomeRn said:

best guess is either process doesn't work(similar to how
    grip plays versus colourless) or process converts to a
    random colour(similar to how thopters convert when
    triggering explore)

HH
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Added additional bug fixes
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Karn doesn't count as a color when defeating story mode, so I highly doubt any effects which require a PW color will trigger.

TLDR @James13 is correct.
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I still find the complexity level of Karn high, but seeing him in action I have to say it opens up tons of possibilities. And being brought together with the Lotus has made me all warm and fuzzy.

I think in the upcoming period we will see a lot of him in the training grounds, and that's alright, people need to test out their decks or just play crazy legacy combos they have dreamed since the beginning of the game. I have to say I am having tons of fun with it. It will pass in time and finds it niche, just like Bolas has.

Speaking of balance, bravo on balancing him out on events. Now you can't just dump him on every node and go crazy with five colored decks in PVP events, while leaving him open for PVE. That's a very very smart decision and I think it will make a lot of players happy!
    I would keep an eye on these exceptions though... As they tend to make the rules of the game really convoluted. I think the next step is to consider long-term how this rule should be extrapolated on events. I am not saying I would like to see Kiora decks in the green node be allowed to only use green cards for instance (I am sure a lot of people with scarce card collections or who barely just started playing would suffer a lot from such a change)! But this "exception for colorless" is a stretch... A more consistent set of rules will need to be approached in the medium-term.

Finally, the runes cost at bolas level, while justified, has rendered me runeless... and that hasn't happened in ages. So I'm starting to seriously feel the runes depletion and the need for more rune sources! This definitely needs to be addressed!

All in all a very nice planeswalker. I appreciate the more affordable price (without all the fancies coming together with it) and I think once again we are going in the right direction. So a big thumbs up for everyone involved in this project, and keep striving to getting better.  ;)
  • Bouv10
    Bouv10 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ok, I need some help.  Since the latest update, I actually can't get on Puzzle Quest anymore.  It gets to the main screen and just locks/stops loading.  I've tried many things but can't even access tech support.  Help! 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *Added additional bug fixes
    Thank you!  The elendra fix is fantastic for me, I just pulled her the other day, and its good to see more issues getting checked off the list.

Now there's just Etali, Emperor's Vanguard, Savage Stomp, Silverclad Ferocidons (who don't work when there is a field support out), and whatever other buggy cards I can't think of right now but know exist
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bouv10 said:
    Ok, I need some help.  Since the latest update, I actually can't get on Puzzle Quest anymore.  It gets to the main screen and just locks/stops loading.  I've tried many things but can't even access tech support.  Help! 
    Uninstalling and installing again make it works.
  • Bouv10
    Bouv10 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    rafalele said:
    Bouv10 said:
    Ah ha!  That worked!  Thank you so much!
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bouv10 said:
    rafalele said:
    Bouv10 said:
    Ah ha!  That worked!  Thank you so much!

It worked for me to reinstall after first patching, but this morning the exact same problem was back. Reinstalling this morning fixed it again. But this is worrying, I can only reinstall when I'm home, if it does this while I'm out I'm stuck.