2.6 Release Notes *Updated (4/19/18)

Options

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now, the most important question.  How many crystals will Karn cost once he's available in the vault?
    Well, if we go by the formula of 350 for a mono-color and and extra 300 for each other color, he should be around 1550 crystals, since he is all colors.  Or he'll be 350 because colorless is really 1 color that can use all of them.  Or he'll be 950 like Bolas.

Probably one of the 3.  Possibly some other random number.  Most likely we won't find out until he's there (like Bolas) 2 months or so after his release.
  • donvnny45
    donvnny45 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Exactly, You can expect it in the 800-1200 range
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Who wants to bet that those Dominaria cards you get with Karn can't be used anywhere because even Legacy won't have the card type listed in any event. I got $5 on it. Any takers?
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Who wants to bet that those Dominaria cards you get with Karn can't be used anywhere because even Legacy won't have the card type listed in any event. I got $5 on it. Any takers?
    My guess initially is either 5 colorless cards from Dominaria, but there's only 29 colorless cards in the whole set so that might not work well, or one of each color.

On this note, haven't most the planeswalkers lately come with several cards from the block they launched in, and the rest from Origins?
  • Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    wereotter said:

My guess initially is either 5 colorless cards from Dominaria, but there's only 29 colorless cards in the whole set so that might not work well, or one of each color.

On this note, haven't most the planeswalkers lately come with several cards from the block they launched in, and the rest from Origins?
    I remember the Ixalan ones coming with a default deck of 5 Ixalan cards and 5 Origins cards.  I don't remember if the Rivals ones were the same distribution, or if they were an Ixalan / Rivals mix.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It varies.  There are no set rules to it that have been defined, ever.  Bolas even gave a set Mythic.  Most pre-Oktagon PW only contained Origins cards in the packaged default deck.

There's not much point in holding expectations when there's no standard.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I have just installed it in Android.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So did I but can't play. After Rivals I usually had to load the app, kill it and load again. Now that doesn't even work, keeps stuck at the inactive everloading 'home' page.
  • rafalele
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I had to reinstalled it.
  • Snappyturtle
    Snappyturtle Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wasn't the elves to be released at the same time as well?
  • rafalele
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Wasn't the elves to be released at the same time as well?
    Perhaps it will be sent as a message in the inbox.

Karn is already available to buy in vault.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    ArielSira said:
    So did I but can't play. After Rivals I usually had to load the app, kill it and load again. Now that doesn't even work, keeps stuck at the inactive everloading 'home' page.
    I had the same thing, just cleared the app's data and reloaded it.  Had to re-log in with facebook and stuff, but it works fine now
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I reinstalled the app and its running again, cheers rafa & Mburn
  • rafalele
    Options
    In the new version we can see 6 Dominaria cards.

2 rares (one is the elves we knew), 1 uncommon and 3 commons.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    rafalele said:

I assume the 5 colorless are the ones that come with Karn.
  • rafalele
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    rafalele said:

So do I.

New ability in supports to improve mana bonus, do not know if interesting enough to use an slot of the deck.
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Everything about this is great! You have made my day/week/millennium*

*I reserve the right to change my stance on millennium.
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just realized something regarding Karn... however it is a legacy exclusive thought: how does Karn behave in regards to Ingest/Process mechanics exactly?  Like, what color gems are the void gems turned into when processed?
  • Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    rafalele said:

They are indeed.  They make up half of his default deck.  The other 5 are Origins commons, one of each color.
  • Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby Do we have to buy Karn to get the Llanowar Elves or is it available to everybody ? I can see this card in the game but it is said that I do not own it.